Remove SBMM Yes or No

Robotfangirl67
Robotfangirl67 Member Posts: 640
edited September 2021 in Polls

Do want the System to got back to old system or do want the new system to stay? Me personally I want the Skill base match making system remove but if you like the new system that’s fine.

Remove SBMM Yes or No 81 votes

Yes
49%
kodiakyBlueberryDemiurgJotaTragicSolitudepizzaduffyhp90RougualObscurityDragonElusivePukkaDonZwiebelanonymous31337MrsGhostfaceLordRegalNomaddbjorksnasMaxwellIsJustMeAbsoluteZer0skillDeath_Syko21SoShiny 40 votes
No
50%
OnryosTapeRentalsRescultirMiriamGTapeKnotFactureAven_FallenJawsIsTheNextKillerDelsKibaramusstang62MrPenguinTaigaShapeddiscopumpkin200AGMDawnMadTatariuSloppyJalopySakurraChurchofPigCrowman 41 votes
Post edited by Robotfangirl67 on

Comments

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    edited September 2021
    Yes

While I think some matches are fairer, that goes out the window when crossplay and SWFs join the fray - the systems just don't seem equipped to handle it. I've been playing roughly 50k/50s since the new matchmaking, versus 60k/40s before, and the system also can't seem to handle spikes in player function or quantity.

Post edited by ElusivePukka on
  • ObscurityDragon
    ObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710
    Yes

A simple rework of the old ranking system, and ways to pip would have dobe the trick i think

Beside if the MM was so bad/rainbowranked is because they opened it for all the ranks to shorten queue times back in the days

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360
    No

As killer, I am not getting survivors that have no idea what they are doing, and I am not getting too many full meta SWFs that are out of the exit doors before I have tied my shoelaces.

As survivor (solo), killer generally does quite well and will probably get a couple of kills. I don't expect to survive (and that's part of the fun).

Top players and streamers that play this to pay the bills seem to be taking the top tier Nurses/Spirits and 4-man sweat squads that I would normally have to face (and definitely lose to).

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017

Honestly I'm neutral. I don't really care about SBMM or ranks at this point, because I know they won't remove it anyways. I just want balance adjustments to both sides, and better balancing for maps.

• Robotfangirl67
    Robotfangirl67 Member Posts: 640

Yeah ,I understand, I also want both sides and maps to be balance too.

• ImAJoke264
    ImAJoke264 Member Posts: 163
    Yes

When I’m playing I get a lot more fairer matches, but when I’m playing with my freinds (not good at DbD) I get stupid teammates who blow up every other second and get me killed

• Rescultir
    Rescultir Member Posts: 185
    No

SBMM hasn't even been out for that long we need to wait and see what changes the devs will do before deciding on this

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941
    No

Behaviour should have improved the system before bringing it into the game.

I think the SBMM could be so much better.

They just released it, so i think they will improve it in future updates.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

too early to say

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

I'd vote:

Reset it to the 2nd test version.

That version seemed like the most fair version they have ever tried because this current version is kinda stupid.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246
    No

Make it better, don't remove it

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,181
    No

The matches are far fairer. Victories feel earned and losses don't feel cheap. Overall, I'm happy!

• GarlicRice
    GarlicRice Member Posts: 118
    No

I actually enjoy playing matches now, before SBMM I kept getting red rank killers with thousands of hours in the game even when I was just a 100+ hour survivor. I'm actually getting more fair killers now, win some and lose some. It feels a lot more like it should do.

• darkcloudlink
    darkcloudlink Member Posts: 326
    Yes

I'm not a bad killer by any means, but I'm also not amazing. After the MMR went live though, I can't win a match for the life of me. I can barely eek out a single kill most of the time, and playing killer has gotten so frustrating that I can't actually play anymore. Survivor is almost as bad because they keep pairing me with new players, despite the fact that I used to play really well at rank 1 every month before the MMR went live. I'm definitely having a much less fun experience playing DBD after the MMR went up, so I'm hoping they change/fix/remove it.

• SOMENINJANAME
    SOMENINJANAME Member Posts: 294
    Yes

Its such a mess. Very inaccurate at placing you where you should go.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,161
    Yes

Remove it or fix it. What we have right now is miserable.

• Amelio
    Amelio Member Posts: 38
    No

my matches are way more difficult now, I was getting used to 4k and now I really see some variation, I actually hate to lose this often and I see a lot of cheaters but having some actual competition is very refreshing and I have to play with somebody with more experience, see, I used to play like two to five time per week so I was stuck at "low tiers", now I get paired with veterans and actually have to use some strategic approach to counter meta perks such decisive strike and see fewer people wasting time using self-care instead of searching somebody else or doing gens

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    No

These types of polls will always be a 50/50.

I personally say no because with MMR I at least have been playing games with killers and survivors I am supposed to be facing. I also don't play this game for a job like some people do, I play casually so ######### like facing the same SWF over and over don't bother me.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,163
    Yes

It doesn't feel like I'm getting teammates of equal skill. My swf teammate and I keep being the only ones going for saves or working on gens. Our random teammates if they get found in their hiding spots are downed after a short chase, after they are saved/healed they go back to hiding. My swf teammate keep being left on hook by randoms if one of us has already died or is in a chase. If one of us dies we spectate the other teammates and see they just aren't doing anything while one of us atleast tries to get gens done. Before SBMM bad teammates like this happened occasionally but now it's most matches.

If they want to keep SBMM they need to include actual skills into it, not just escapes/death. If I have multiple safe unhooks, complete gens, and have good chases I should not be matched with teammates that spend the match hiding and avoiding doing anything but locker hopping.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    No

I have barely played killer since SBMM started, but hoo boy my survivor experience is way better. I hate SBMM but at least i can enjoy surv now, at the cost of never playing killer again. :/

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806
    No

At first it was awful but now my games seem pretty much the same as how they were pre MMR. Maybe a little fairer, but barely.