Did I do something illegal?

Lx_malice
Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

So I just played a killer match as Oni. During the match I was chasing a Steve and he ran up to a locker that a Nea was in and showed me she was there pointing at it. I downed him, hooked him, and let the last 2 Neas taunt him on hook before he DCed and I farmed with said last 2 Neas. So I guess my question is if it's possible that I may be banned? If so whatever I guess, but that'd be dumb. If you ask me I did justice lol.

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I mean, survivors were doing gens, correct? As long as that happened, you are fine. If they refused to, you would be holding the game hostage.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

Yup. The Steve was just being a little turd to his teammate so when I hooked him, the Neas taunted him on hook and he DCed. After that I farmed with them.

• taimea
    taimea Member Posts: 84
    edited October 2021

it be more if you killed the neas and let the stave go then yes, cause it look like you worked with the stave to kill the rest... now unless they weren't doing anything and he was trying to show you that cause he didnt want to do all the "work" and he worded it to make you 3 look bad then maybe?

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526

People are not like machines who follow every rule to the dot, im sure there is flexibility that creates interesting situations that are common in survival such as betrayal or revenge.

Just don't take it outside the game.

However im aware their are others who say letting a new player get hatch for free is considered working together and both players should be banned.

• MckFinn
    MckFinn Member Posts: 60

No, you shouldn't be banned. Pretty sure devs don't take this kind of stuff seriously. If they did, all 4 of you would be banned for working with each other. (Steve pointing out Neas, you farming with them)

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

Yes.

FBI OPEN UP

• Jholla31
    Jholla31 Member Posts: 253

I run into this every so often as Killer. Especially in games where I can tell it isn't a full four man swf. Someone is dead on hook and hops in a locker when they hear the terror radius/Spine Chill activates. Solo teammate runs to the locker and points. Usually I'll just stare back and forth between the locker and survivor. If someone slowly gets out of the locker, the snitch automatically gets hooked.

I get that you want everyone to try to run the killer for 5 gens each, but that's not gonna happen. People do what they have to to survive/escape. No need to sell out your teammates.

I agree with you that Steve was a jerk for giving up his teammate. He deserved what he got, teabags and all.

• LordSturm
    LordSturm Member Posts: 493

how is it the killer's fault if the survivors won't do gens?

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

You should be good. If you killed the Nea in the locker and let Steve go, you might've run into trouble for teaming. But because you killed the sandbagger instead, I see no issues. You won't get banned for farming, that's allowed although not openly encouraged.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Absolutely not.

In at least half of my games, so long as nobody has been a jerk and I've had fun, I'm likely to let the last 1 or 2 survivors farm a bit or even escape. I also do this whenever the enemy team has an AFK or a DC.

If this was bannable, I'd have been gone a year ago.

AFAIK, the only way this would be bannable is if you somehow teamed up with a survivor friend and they are leading you to people, or deliberately sandbagging their team. Or if you were somehow preventing survivors from ending the game but not actively trying to kill them.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,743

Yeah doesn't seem so, you'd only have a case for the Steve

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069

Correct me if I'm wrong but is targeting aside from tunneling?

• GoodBoyKaru

This was clarified by the mod team around the release of the pride charm.

Targeting someone to ruin their experience involves tunneling somebody- often only them- across multiple games in a row. Afaik this doesn't have to be consecutive, but if you get the same killer three times within like, 2 hours, and EVERY game they tunneled you first, and let the other three live, that would be classed as targeted specific users repeatedly.

• Shenlong1904
    Shenlong1904 Member Posts: 293

Not really since depending on the map and killer, all you are doing is keeping intruders away by force from your property

(trapper, Macmillans Estate)(Spirit, yamaoka residence)(Hillbilly, coldwind farm)

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

which is kind of dumb. in 1200+ hours i've gotten a killer twice in a row once. Everyone else quit and he killed me both times and said he didn't realize. Who the hell keeps track?

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

If survivors dont do gens, the KILLER is holding game hostage??

I think you kinda missunderstood the post.

It about ,,working with the killer" since he only killed the Dwight but only because he tried to betray his own mates which would hez the Dwight banned too.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,055

It does not have to be in the row. Can be over a longer period of time, but basically if they do this every game.

E.g. I had a small Streamer who apparently did not like me. I dont even know why, I watched a VOD and he said I turned up in his Chat after dying to him and insulted him, which is not true so either he lied or he thought of a different person. But this happened to a time before Dedicated Servers were a thing so it was more likely that players from around the same region where matched together AND it was possible to switch Killers in Lobby.

So everytime I was in his Lobby said Streamer would switch to Nurse with a Mori and just tunnel me out of the game. I dont really care about that, it is just one game which was not enjoyable, but this would have been something that could be reported, because it happened every time I went against this Streamer, even if it was not in a row. (They also killed everyone else, but they always went for me and made sure I am the first one dead)

• GoodBoyKaru

It's not twice in a row, though. It's consistently over several games- aka more than 2- and the killer must go for only you for all of those games.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 943

What how would the killer be holding the game hostage. If the survivors refused to do gens?

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

From the sounds of it, you did not actively team with the Steve, but as it is not entirely clear what you mean by 'taunt' (whether or not if it was just them running away from him or if they unhooked him for him to be downed again and rehooked until death) there is no exact definitive answer. I generally highly suggest to play the game normally afterwards, but if no one was griefed overall on all sides, then it should be okay.

This discussion has been closed.