I think soon BoonPerks will replace Hexperks over time

Options
PNgamer
PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415

hey,

I believe with the introduction of BoonPerks, Hexperks will definitely weaker, or even diminish over time, or become extinct. Disadvantage of Hex: Survivors will specifically try to look for totems, so why take Hexperks with them? Advantage of Hex: Games might last a bit longer, which will make the whole thing a bit more interesting, of course. Whether now in favor of survivors or killers? that remains to be seen in the future. Whether now weak or strong, op or not op or whatever, is first of all no matter and not important, because this can be discussed dead and leads to nothing. How do you see it ? Your personal opinion: Do you also believe that Hexperks will be less and less in the future? I would be really interested.

regards

Comments

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,114
    Options

I would like to see perks like Plaything and NOED replace Boon totems when no dull totems exists.

Maybe even blessed Hex totems return to Hex after being snuffed out.

• PNgamer
    edited October 2021
    Options

Would be fun and a kind of Russian roulette that could be really exciting but I think that would be too much of a good thing. Imagine you could renew noed again and again that would be crazy^^

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285
    Options

If boons come out on their current form there will be literally no reason to run any hex besides the trap ones like Haunted and Retribution. They will be obsolete.

• Jerek
    Jerek Member Posts: 92
    Options

Hex perks are already a gamble wether you get any value or not out of the which is why i rarely use them.

Boon perks on the other hand can be recycled as much as survivors want and the killer cant even break the totem, already they have way more value than hexes.

• Anara
    Anara Member Posts: 1,297
    Options

Noed actually replace Boon totems in the PTB ! The description of the perk says that, but I didnt tried it.

• PNgamer
    edited October 2021
    Options

What does simply clean mean ? It will not be quite that simple. I'm curious anyway what the survivors will do....many will certainly go for the throat. One will want to destroy totems, the other bless. I think that will be fun :)

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

If a killer is “reactivating” a Hex perk by snuffing a Boon, you can cleanse the totem instead to permanently remove the Hex from the match.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,114
    Options
  • PNgamer
    Options
  • botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633
    Options

Noed dont replace boon totem. If you had noed activate in the ptb its because survivor did not have every totem blessed.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

Until if and when cleansed, Hex Totems have no range limit and impact every Survivor in perpetuity. The effects are often powerful and devastating, which is why they can be cleansed and eliminated. Sometimes they bring tremendous value to a Trial, but it's a gamble as intended. Boon Totems don't have that power, and they have range limitations. It would be one thing if a Boon Totem had global reach and more exciting bonuses for every Survivor anywhere on the map.

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709
    Options

You have 4 survivors though with 16 perk slots available between them, the totem benefits 4 people versus it provides one person with it. Not to mention the ability to have multiple people search for it, cover more ground and eliminate it.

Hex Undying was to powerful because cleansing 5 totems was too much... boons limit is infinite?

Boons do not have that type of power? Self healing, double healing speeds... not powerful? This is the equivalent of an endless supply of med kits or a we will make it and self care that even stacks. if you don't believe this is strong, I don't even...

This is a 1v4 game... if you want to have a proper one for one equivalency: take the effect for a survivor and multiply it by 4 to match what a killer should have.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Nope people will still run hex perks. As long as ruin exist.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

If killers are intelligent, they will drop hex perks the second the update comes through. They were already losing favor even before boons. High mmr is a different game.

• FearlessHunter
    FearlessHunter Member Posts: 530
    edited October 2021
    Options

I gave up running hex perks when 90% of the time my hex totem would be in front of a tree in plain sight. Suffice to say the totem didn't last two minutes

• Marik13
    Marik13 Member Posts: 683
    Options

You forget to mention a couple of things... First is hex totems are already a damn gamble since I have to rely on RNG to place my damn totem. Most of the time RNJesus likes to place my totems right out in the open or next to the survivors either when they spawn or next to a generator. Most games I'm lucky if I can get through my first chase without having my totems broken. Survivors on the other hand, they get to choose where they want to put their totems. Imagine setting up a triage center in an area of the map where gens are done, where a killer has no reason to go and patrol. Not only do you have a free healing clinic there but since boons stack, it also makes that area a safe zone for you if they bring the other boon to hide their auras and scratch marks! Fun times!

Oh and before I forget, that 28m aura, it bleeds through floors in multi-level maps like Midwich and Gideon's. Imagine hearing the chime letting you know there's a totem nearby and you waste time looking for it on the bottom floor only to find nothing and then waste more time finding stairs to go to the top floor to look for the damn thing. Yeah no, that's completely fine. Not like I don't have any perks or items to help me locate the totems quic- Oh wait...as a killer I DON'T.

• Anara
    Anara Member Posts: 1,297
    Options

I think its just a bug. In the new Noed description it says it does.

We will see when it will go live.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

It's funny that totem placement only recently started to get better, just in time to make things difficult for killers.

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551
    Options

Who knew asking for proper totem placement would come back to bite us.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

That's probably the plan. They are already so powerful there isn't any point for a Killer to run Hex Perks. Survivors are going to always run at least one of the two boon totems, and then most will use maps or another perk to find totems for them. That's so much totem pressure, there won't be any reason to run Hex perks, they are guaranteed to break early in the match and then your down a perk for the whole match that you got 0 value out of.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,498
    Options

They will replace hexes. I really don't know what the devs were thinking when they came up with boon totems. Killers and survivors are now gonna be fighting over totems, a thing that was previously a killer-only thing and an objective for survivors. And unlike hexes, boon totems can be replaced constantly. These survivor perks are gonna power creep and trump hexes, which are supposed to be killer's strongest perks. It's a joke.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974
    Options

Killers should get a Hex: Bust removing all totems from the match. Change my mind.

• PNgamer
    Options

this is not something constructive... do you have anything else ?

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

It can benefit up to four people, but four Survivors in such a small radius is a win for The Killer. Especially with Infectious Fright or Whispers. It doesn't make sense for Survivors to huddle together. The Boon Totems don't stack, so it would be a waste for people to run nine Boon Perks. I'm afraid I have to disagree that Boon Perks are that compelling. Besides the fact it takes a second to snuff but 24s to bless. Hexes are much more game-changing and devastating. If you want Boons to become a one-time snuff, they would need to be powerful, game-changing, and global. Not to mention they would need more time investment from The Killer to snuff.

The devs announced some nerfs to Boons' radius and stacking, so I won't address those points.

I wouldn't rely on Hex Totems; it is a gamble, as I stated. Sometimes they get cleansed in seconds, and other times they provide tremendous value and halt the trial. On the multi-level, it's no different than getting hit with The Doctor's Static Blast and many Killer Perks. So to be consistent, they would need to change killer powers and perks that are multi-level. As players, you have to make decisions and hope it's worth the effort. It takes a second to snuff, so it's hardly a time sink. That's part of player agency. Regarding Boon Perks, maybe the next killer will offer some options. I can see stuff like a Hex Perk with The Entity blocking totems or even a general perk like Corrupt Intervention that blocks dull totems for X minutes at the start or after gen completes.

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709
    Options

Get your facts straight:

• It takes 24 seconds to OVERRIDE a HEX totem! It does not affect dull totem blessing.
    • Survivors should not all 4 huddle around one area, but they can simply run to it when injured for instance to benefit from the healing and they can setup this safe heaven for instance in an area where generators already have been completed... meaning that if the killer follows you there, the rest of your team can do generators! Sounds like a very much win condition to me. Wasting the killers time is extremely strong, as this whole game is about time management. It might take a second to snuff it out... but they also need to get there, pick your totems wisely and you will waste a ton of time. Running to the other side of where the gens are to be occupied by one survivor, if they don't follow you... you can heal yourself without wasting time of any of the other survivors and nullifying the initial chase and hit. For them to find someone else who does the exact same thing!
    • They do not stack meaning that if the team blesses totems near each other they no longer provide multiple times to effect and therefore encourages them to spread them out to affect a bigger area instead, as the effects on the boons are by themselves already strong. Expanding the area that survivors are under the influence of said totems and therefore reducing the need to huddle up as you call it.
    • Hexes are strong... but they can also be destroyed permanently, boons are able to applied limitless amount of times and are strong as well. Literally the boons provide effects that literally you gain the equivalent of 2 perks for a single slot and remove the downsides for a time investment of setting it up and the killer potentially removing it... until you set it up again without any limitation to how many times you do that. Circle of healing gives Self Care without the penalty, it provides a We will make it buff without the need to unhook or a time limit... like seriously how would you claim that is not a strong effect!
    • Boons even benefits SWF's far more than it benefits solo survivors and increasing the gap between the two even more, which really is not desirable at all. They are team buffs and abilities, while that might be nice in solo it is incredibly strong in SWF formats and that is in the game... you cannot ignore that aspect of Survivor in an analysis if something is good or not.