The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

can i get banned if i never play handonfield?

Whenever this map touches me I never move and I prefer that they leave. To go to another match

Comments

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422

Intentional AFK'ing is reportable and bannable, but when someone reports in-game then most likely nothing happens. It depends how often you get Haddonfield and how often you intentionally afk.

Tbh you should just try to play anyway and if everyone escapes then don't feel bad because it was likely because of the map. That's certainly better than going AFK and assuming that you'd lose anyway. Really not a good mindset to have, and overall bad sport behaviour.

• Artick
    Artick Member Posts: 623

Just play the game and do your best.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890

If you're already resigning to a loss, wouldn't you rather just get some points anyway?

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited October 2021

AFKing is reportable, so I would recommend just playing terribly if you are that adamant about it.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

Yes! According to my local stone collector, it's illegal to avoid playing on specifically Haddonfield. I'm going to talk to the president of the Eiffel Tower, to give you a permanent B A N from your closest fish gym.

Okay but jokes aside. I think you can?

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

I’ve definitely had some bad losses on this map but I have won far more than I expected with this maps reputation. The middle roads of the map is a couple of pallets short of a dead zone.

It needs a rework (no doubt) but I try regardless. Would encourage anyone reading this to as well.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Being able to fly and throw hatchets as ghostface is also frowned upon, technically reportable even, but reporting relies on a bizarre system where you need to report in multiple places, fill in everyone's steam IDs even if the players aren't on steam and upload video evidence where the video usually fails to upload. So a survivor would have to be extremely annoyed you didn't play and also have several hours of time to spare.

Personally I'd play it but I wish they'd just rework this stupid map already. Or at the least remove map offerings.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

It's a bad map that need a rework for sure, but I don't think giving up everytime is the way to go.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

You can but you won’t.

There’s an insufferable amount of hackers ruining the game right now but BHVR hasn’t done anything about it. You think they care to ban one player who AFK’s on a specific map?

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Several hours? Wouldn't you just record the clip and send it to Behavior? You could do that while in the game that you are annoyed at. Lol.

• RampagingRice
    RampagingRice Member Posts: 10

You AFK instead of DCing? Surely waiting for the game to end would be longer than the 5 min DC penalty?

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

If they bring it as an offering and you feel like it's a SWF team from the lobby earlier, just DC in the loading screen.