The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How do you play dbd in 2021?πŸ˜‡

latinfla4
latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119
edited October 2021 in General Discussions

Do you use meme builds and chill?

Do you sweat to reach the highest grade?

Do you only play one side?

I personally play each killer until I start getting stomped(no point in wasting time not getting hooks).

Afterwards I spend the rest of the season playing stress free survivor using meme builds.

How about all of you?πŸ˜‡

Comments

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

I play chill. I mostly play killer when I feel like playing, or with my friends. I don't sweat at all, If I get 0 sacrifices it is what it is, if I get a couple of sacrifices then it's the same thing. I only play SWF, have not touched solo in weeks. I play with whatever type of builds which is non meta combos.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

I play killer mainly, recently I've played a lot of Billy and Pinhead although I want to start maining Doc and trying out Hag as MMR is in effect.

When playing killer I usually give it my all, although I do give survivors a free escape if they play well or if they were nice.

From time to time I also play survivor, and usually I play as Jake with Open Handed, Bond, Borrowed Time and WGLF.

When playing survivor I meme around a bit, especially if the killer is doing the same. Usually this involves pointing at them when they clearly already see me, and shaking myself left and right while I'm in the dying state (which fills me with glee if they shake their head back).

• Mistakesweremade
    Mistakesweremade Member Posts: 229

I play 60 killer/40 survivor. I personally enjoy killer more, I play survivor only because I really enjoy the chase themes.

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551

I'm just having a lot of fun with Nemesis and just using Tentacle attacks. I'm just giving 8 freaking free hits every match which I shouldn't be doing but it's an addiction.

• Tombstone Piece

• Tricksters_Wife
    Tricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545

I play both survivor and killer. Survivor when I'm looking for more relaxed gameplay, and killer when I feel like playing something more intense. I plan on getting to Iridescent I grade on both survivor and killer (right now I'm on 3 for the both of them). Even if there's tough games on my killer side, I always look forward to learning new kinds of mindgames and using harder matches as a learning experience :) I haven't played with my SWF for a while β€” so I'm hoping to get something set up soon with them.

• slendermansmoom
    slendermansmoom Member Posts: 544

Gen hostage doctor

not a chill build not a sweat build but not a meme build

more like a toxic build i would say you do what i like to call "inducing freddy syndrome"

making the games take from 10 minutes to about a few hours

games go until i get bored of kicking gens endlessly or the survivors dc

just run around with overcharge unnerving pressence distressing and whisperers and kick gens and they can't finish them because they always lose progress

they can't tap the gens either because of overcharge

keep shocking them and make sure to bring addons iridescent queen and very rare calm

iri queen prevents coop repairing and calm makes you have a bigger terror radious

shock them into tier 3 as much as possible to prevent them from doing gens and use whisperers to know when to use static blast

that's how i play killer

for survivor i play claudette with sabotaging builds and other meme builds

i also run perks ment to help my team

i tend to use my favorite perk no mither to make the game harder

I use the darkest of the dark cosmetic's

bloody skinny jeans, wild violet jacket, high pitched dreads. plus if you bring quick and quiet, distortion, iron will, and urban evasion on the swamp with murky regenent makes it impossible to be found. if only the moon offerings existed then i would be even harder to spot. but yeah stealth builds are also fun

that's how i play dbd

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

I alternate between Huntress, Nurse and a random killer. Usually something like Huntress, Nurse, Blight, Huntress, Nurse, Oni, Huntress, Nurse, Pyramid, etc. I used to play solo queue but it sucks nowadays.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,430

I don't.

• latinfla4
  • latinfla4

I like it when a killer spins if I am crawling like a snake🀣.

Doc is fun and easier to meme with than hag.

• latinfla4

Welcome to the (non)existent fog experience πŸ™ƒ do you ever play survivor?

• latinfla4

It's the snap sound πŸ˜… I feel the same way when I hear a bear trap snap...so satisfying

• latinfla4
  • Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,133

I play 50/50 and have a different way of playing it:

I use a randomizer so that all my perks, add-ons and offerings are completely arbitrary for each trial. If an add-on or offering appears which I have not got, then that space is left blank.

Each trial, I aim to get 1+ pip. However, at the end of each trial I check to make sure I black pipped, then if I have I go up 1 level of the Bloodweb, and any perk(s) I earn in that Bloodweb has to be used for the next trial.

It makes it a lot harder, but it is so satisfying when I get a result like this (for the record, I never got to use NOED - all died with 1 gen remaining):

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I just chill and play killer/survivor on rotation (I have all of them) and just play with whatever perks they get in the bloodweb. I'm not really concerned with meta gameplay.

The only time I really sweat is if I'm trying to do something specific for a rift challenge, other than that I'm just trying to either play M1 Generator simulator or M1 backscratcher.

• Krimbar
    Krimbar Member Posts: 200

yeah survivor is fun, but you don't get enough bloodpoints for the never ending grind.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I used to play super competitively back in 2018-2019. But after taking an almost year long break from the game, I mellowed out a lot on it and I just don't care about what happens anymore. I just wanna have fun.

I don't care if I don't get kills as Killer or if I get killed as Survivor. As long as I don't feel sandbagged or played with toxic players, It's all good.

• ryanb122197
    ryanb122197 Member Posts: 77

That’s the thing. You don’t :)

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526

With a frown

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I hang them on a hook and stare at them until their teammates take pity on them.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

Uninstall and play something better

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

infrequently and stressed

also basement bubba

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Turn on the game

Collect your login reward

Play something else

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422

I play chill I'd say tbh.

I used to constantly rely on meta last year, refused to play without ds, unbreakable, dead hard. Came to the realisation that if someone is gonna tunnel you, they're gonna tunnel, ds just wastes their time. Dead hard doesn't work most of the time, when it does my xbox just freezes (old gen console player here), and killers just wait it out after your first use anyway (most of the time).

Currently my favourite build is detective's hunch, counterforce, spine chill and bond (sometimes swapped out for iron will or sprint burst, the only time I'll use meta).

D hunch to find totems, counterforce to cleanse them super fast, spine chill to know when the killer is coming (helps me play more casual since I don't need to worry if the killer is undectable since spine chill will tell me if they're coming), and bond because it helps me to find other survivors to heal me or heal them, work on gens, take hits if necessary etc.

There are so many useful perks that are underrated, but people are too stubborn and feel like they have to stick to their meta. Dead hard and ds won't help you insta-cleanse the killer's ruin or prevent noed 😎