The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What was your worst match ever?

I ran into my very first twins killer however, I got facecamped and tunneled the whole game. The killer ended up getting a hatch escape but killed me and my 2 friends who I was playing with. I loved seeing an underused killer however I hated the fact that that I got targeted while my 2 friends who tried to mindgame the killer, however it didn't work and he got a 3k. What was your worst dbd match?

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Probably the 5 cake game where I got Haddonfield, they gen rushed while terror radius dodging and then left immediately. I got like one chase that I dropped near house of pain earlier, and I still, to this day, regret dropping that one chase as I never found them again. I also never wore a cake again.

• Mistakesweremade
    Mistakesweremade Member Posts: 229

I still remember very vividly a match that made me so mad I quit playing for a week and stopped maining ghostface. I was playing on rotten fields (before the rework) and despite the fact that I started the match really well (I managed to get 3 hooks before the first gen was done), one meg managed to loop me for the entire match while teabagging me. She kept 360ing and the more she did it the more butthurt I got. At the end I ended up not getting any other hook.

After that I learned that I really should not be getting that mad over a game.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

Every match if I get a Clown, Deathslinger Haddonfield or Léry's. I'm literally dying on the inside when I get one of those.

Okay but jokes aside(it's not a joke tho), I wanted to try a super healing build, and then I got a Plague with the Add-Ons that makes you broken a lot faster. I already dislike Plague as she is, but this lovely lady was really good, so respect for her! But she literally gave me a mental breakdown, because I finally got the right Med-Kit and Add-Ons for the build. And then I didn't even get to use it! xd

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422

Got tunnelled to death by a ttv because of a stupid mistake he made. If I ever need a reason why this community sucks, it's because of this one match. So I'm against a Nemesis and this Zarina was crouch camping pallets and of course getting hit over them because of his tentacle. She used 2 vaccines at 5 gens, one of them after wasting shack pallet. I decided to take a vaccine and keep it for later, since I assumed this Zarina was going to use all of them and I wanted one for myself.

Nemesis hooks me and starts camping me at 4 gens and I'm really confused at that point. Then I 4% but he chases me, downs me and hooks me again (I wasn't running ds), a teammate unhooks me, bodyblocks and takes a hit and then a down but the Nemesis STILL chases me, downed me and picked up so I dc'd.

Saw he was a ttv so I went to the stream and asked why he tunnelled to death (keep in mind I didn't tbag or do anything toxic) and he said 'that's what you get for bringing a key'... I was carrying a vaccine. I corrected him and he told me I shouldn't have been carrying a vaccine... why though? On the off-chance that you would mistake it for a key? Something I wouldn't have ever imagined until he mentioned it.

Truly never been so annoyed over a match, and the fact the guy was live streaming, being really aggressive, just makes me wonder why anyone would want to watch his content.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,890
    edited October 2021

I think I just had it an hour ago. I wanted a fun match so I decided to do some scratch mirror Mikey. I chose Hawkins as I want to use them up before we lose that map for good.

I get a group where all four of them are running spine chill, three of them with sprint burst, and two of them I know for sure were in a swf as they were on PS4 and I was able to look at their profiles afterward to check. There was nothing I could do in that match. They knew I was coming their way every time, they'd have their sprint burst ready to go. Me a slow tier 1 Mikey. My obsession, a Claudette, steered well clear of me with her spine chill and sprint burst making sure I could not get in a chase with her so I couldn't even get any pwyf stacks. They were all split up on gens.

I've never felt so helpless in my life in a killer match. I did not get one single hook. I don't think I've ever played a killer game before where I got no hooks. Even my worst games before I've gotten at least 3-4 hooks. But this was a royal ass kicking match on me. MMR's finest. Afterward I got messages from two of them. One was nice and gave a gg and said it was rough against four spine chills with that build. Another one just had to give me the "Eassssssyyyyyyyyy".

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

Your name is very appropriate for this scenario. That’s why you should never get tunnel vision. If a survivor is wasting too much time, go for a weaker link.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,864

I played as Trickster against two pre nerfed Objects and a Haddonfield offering. It was quite a miserable experience.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

That is actually kind of hilarious. I once got into a lobby with 3 keys and brought a broken key so it looked like 4 keys. Needless to say, the killer played extremely mean. Ha ha ha... One of them still got out. Bastard could have saved me while the Wraith was hooking, but decided not to because, I assume they wanted me to open the hatch. But my key was a FAKE!

• slendermansmoom
    slendermansmoom Member Posts: 544

worst game was when Me and 3 of my friends went against a twins on coldwind and they downed one of my friends and stood on top of him while we attempted to save him from bleeding out. but after awhile she picked him up and i used saboteur on the hook (like i do every game) and my friend escaped her grasp. now keep in mind the entire time she was slugging i was teabagging and flashlight flickering and a few times she tried to hit me and i 360ed her, she was already angry at me but when i destroyed that hook, she was beyond rage. she slowly turned around and chased me on a T&L wall while all my friends (2 of them even injured) tried to block her but she ignored them and tried to get past not even attacking my injured friends while i myself was healthy. she caught me after a 7 minute chase and face camped me while hitting me over and over again (r.i.p my claudette). the worst part is when the game ended with my friends escaping and me dying the killer was also pc and said many many MANY racial/homophobic slurs. they said very bad things under my steam profile in the comments. oh and btw he was definitly a 12 year old.

so yeah some people play questionable playstyles and get angry when people abuse them.

• Katie_met

Whether your key was real or not, at least your item actually was a key, the dude tunnelled me when I clearly had a vaccine 😂

It is funny now, but at the time I was so annoyed

• Katie_met

Man I get the idea of being helpless, especially as scratched mirror mikey because it's unlikely you're getting a comeback.

I was livestreaming some scratched mirror for one of my friends and I was like should I use an rpd offering? I wanted to see what rpd scratched mirror was like and he agreed with me. Put on the offering, no other offerings were used and I got wreckers yard... I was so confused and then I remembered that rpd was disabled at that point in time, so I had to play scratched mirror mikey on one of the most open maps, so I couldn't see auras and the survivors could clearly see me. Obviously all of them escaped, and teabagged at the exit gate...congrats, you won against a scratched mirror myers on autohaven 😐️👍️

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,559
    edited October 2021

Way back when, only a month or two after I started playing, I had this game as Billy on Azarov's. I was grinding my way to rank 1, as I had somehow managed to get to rank 6 without any considerable investment.

It took me weeks. I couldn't get comfortable with any killer, and I didn't own any DLC at the time. Trapper was way too inconsistent, Wraith too slow. Nurse seemed way too inaccessible, and my aim was (and still is) too shite for Huntress. It had been a harrowing journey, full of BNP's, Syringes, Surprise DS's (remember those?) Double BT's, the whole shebang.

I ended up playing Billy for this match. HybridPanda's main, and I saw why. Survivors were truly afraid of his potential, and made mistakes thinking I could do more than I actually could. Not these ones.

I already knew Jake and Meg were a duo. They shared a nametag. Claud had a toolbox, but I didn't think much of it. Couldn't do much about it anyhow. Bill brought a medkit, and Jake a flashlight.

Almost instantly after loading in, a gen pops across the map. I chainsaw on over, and hit Meg completely by surprise. "Good start", I hear myself mumble, not entirely sure if it was meant ironically or not.

I turn to face the wall as I pick up the downed gal. Then, from outside my view, a beam of light. My screen goes white and I hear the dreaded roar.

Now, if you know Azarov's, you'll know that its middle section consists of 3-4 maze tiles. At the shack end, there was the compactor, and on the other end, there was the funbus.

I'll spare you the details, but it was my noob <150 total hours Billy vs. at least two 1k+ hours. I did catch them out from time to time. Especially Bill and Claud were easy pickings, but their teammates...

It's been too long to recall the specifics, but I think I managed to knock Jake down after what seemed like a 5 minute chase. 2 gens left still, and I was on the good side of the map.

Then, Bill appears from behind a corner, slams the pallet I downed Jake under, and instaheals Jake back to full as I am still recovering from the pallet. Thankfully I down him again fairly quickly after, but the damage was already done. I pick Jake up again--at least he wouldn't be saved by his own flashlight.

I take a shard to the shoulder. He's free again. Both Bill and Jake make it to shack, where I lose Jake entirely. Bill catches my undivided attention in his stead, and the first injury is quickly made.

Then, he too heals to full as the alarm blares. I chainsaw after him, narrowly stopping him from making the funbus window. He's dead on hook, thank the stars. I run for the gate on that side of the map. Nothing. Massively tilted, I cannot even make it to the other gate in one saw charge. By sheer coincidence, I catch Claud again. She's lying out in the open--a flashlight save is guaranteed.

I run for the already opened gate. Meg's waiting for me. I steamrolled her over, picking her up just before she crosses the line.

Claud got picked up. I run back with Meg blaring in my ear. Claud's nowhere to be seen.

I freeze as Billy once again groans in pain. Surprise DS. Meg's SB triggers and she gets to the gate scot-free. Claud's not there, though.

I remember seeing hatch in one of the maze tiles in the center. Maybe she went there? I head for it.

An icon flashes to indicate someone escaped. I figured Jake. Hatch would open as I arrived, and I could at the very least have a stand-off with Claudette.

I hear it open, only to be immediately greeted with another pallet to the head by none other than Jake himself. He, of course, waits just long enough to be just out of reach before jumping in.

"Go back to green ranks boosted billy"

Now, thus far, in my entire gaming career, I have only ever gotten very frustrated at worst. But that one...

That one truly enraged me. The audacity of the Jake who, yes, was clearly better than me. But he got instahealed to full, had wasted all but one pallet, had sent us to this map. He, who denied me any and all early game pressure because of his off-screen insta-blind. How his teammates got second chances up the wazoo, denying me even the slightest bit of progress.

How he callously denied all of my struggles in getting to that rank in the first place. All the bull manure items, maps and perks I had endured. All the abuse in chat I tried to grin and bear. He had every advantage over me he could possibly have wanted, and STILL he felt the need to call me a noob.

And I knew he was right too.

• 4 clicky clicky twitch streamers.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,957

A 2 hour game against legion it was a 3 gen he wouldn't down anyone and to top it off my teammates were scared noobs hiding in corners

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,403

I dont remember it completely, but i was playing Bubba, bc i was new and had BBQ only on him.

4man swf and with the old ds. The really old ds. The obsession gets it always and everyone else at 35% wiggle. They had flashlights and bodyblocked for ds. I was new and lost so many downs, so i camped for the first time, but i sucked and everyone escaped.

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

Any game where Survivors stomp me and I get tbag flashlight clicky clicky'd at. At least I'm not on PC, but it amazes me some are willing to be so boastful over basically having a huge handicap of the easier role + full communication in a game intended to have none.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,280

Spawned in the undercroft of the big building on Black Rose. Killer is on me in under 10 seconds and he's at the only exit near me. I have one pallet near me, and it's a useless one because I can only go one way from where it is and the killer can easily catch me. I get instadowned, because it's a Bubba, put on the hook, and then facecamped. Because it's a Bubba.

Other survivors genrush as much as possible, I die by the time gen 5 is done. NOED pops, he slugs for the 4K.

A tour of the absolute worst that DBD has to offer.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Shelter woods with 5 t and l walls against a doctor. He had range add ons😐

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,078

Probably when my swf threw the game against a baby Doctor. The killer had a 3-gen on Temple of Purgation, and kept static blasting at every opportunity, but for god's sake it was SO winnable! I felt like I was the only one pressuring. Instead of running away and healing every single time I got hit, like everyone else was, I was pushing gens. And when the killer chased me off a gen, I held forward to the other side of the map AND he followed me there to down me. This happened at least 2 times. And still, my team couldn't finish the gens. One of them was too busy looking for hatch to do gens, I guess. I had to rage quit after that game, and I never do that.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

When I was very early in my DBD career, holiday 2018, I was playing on Macmillan with my 3 close friends.

Billy within 10 seconds found me, then found all my friends within the first minute of the match.

We now say " We dont talk about that match." or "the match we dont talk about".

• Gladonos
    Gladonos Member Posts: 392

As killer: Playing Nurse for the first time against a red rank SWF TTVs that all had flashlights, Head On and a bully mindset. After about 5 minutes I disconnected. I was really ######### mad.

As Survivor. A game where a Wraith kept tunneling me so hard that even as I kept hiding in corners and in basements he would run around ignoring all my team doing gens just to search for me. I managed to loop him on death hook for like a minute at the exit gate only to go down because he had NOED. His toxic behavior was actually rewarded by that stupid perk.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

40 minute game as Nurse on RPD last week.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I had a match that I was slugged to death... by a Nurse and one Survivor sent me a message (though that person didn't really help me out

2000ish points one hooked

• slendermansmoom
    slendermansmoom Member Posts: 544

ha ha pathetic i once had a 3 and a half hour game as doctor

i run a build that makes the games go on forever by resetting all gen progress when i want