Can you please stop..

Options

Releasing old rift outfits for sale in the store belittles the accomplishment and devotion of the players who were around and worked for them. Of all the things rolled with in dbd over the years, this in particular angers me on another level. Why do I spend money on the rift and put in the effort to complete these sometimes ridiculously hard challenges just so someone with a few extra bucks can just get the rewards with zero effort? Its a slap in the face. Please just stop it.

Comments

• WTBacon
    WTBacon Member Posts: 593
    Options
  • SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

Partial Auric Cells refund, charms and bloodpoints considering that the tomes are connected to the rift, so in completing the rift you are incidentally completing the tome which gives you bloodpoints.

• CormanClan
    CormanClan Member Posts: 11
    Options

A nice gatekeeping, If you want to gate keep there is the golden bloody skins for those few older players back in the early days.

• WTBacon
    WTBacon Member Posts: 593
    Options

Charms are cosmetic and you don't need to pay to access the bloodpoints. So aside from cosmetics, you get back a small amount of Auric Cells.

For some one like OP that cares so much about cosmetics to the point of getting angry, I can understand why they would think paying for the rift isn't worth it.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140
    Options

"GaTeKeePinG". Yeah i gatekeep cosmetics in a videogame, what's even the problem about that? I've earned that, you didn't earn that. I deserve to gatekeep them. You work towards something, you get the reward. It's not like it's something vital to have, it's a nice reward that someone got to get it and you are not entitled to it because "gatekeeping". This term is so dumb.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140
    Options

Stop pretending, nobody does the Rift for bloodpoints, the entire point of it is the cosmetics.

• JexxTron
    JexxTron Member Posts: 228
    Options

You can't buy Cheryl Mason bloody clothes. I don't think. You have to earn them going to level 50 three times. I did buy her a nice red sweater for $2.50

• SlothGirly
    Options

I dont think people who haven't bought the rift get as much value from the free bp as they aren't as focused on getting it. Also just because it's free doesn't mean it should be discounted, it's a reward that can be lumped in with the buying price as the two are correlated.

• SlothGirly
    Options

ok and so by doing it for the cosmetics means the bloodpoints dont exist? Stop ignoring parts of the rift as whole so it suits your agenda.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

If you paid for the rift, you get it back... so you can buy the rift again. It is a one time buy in, bro. Lol.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,257
    Options

You get 3 or 4 different cosmetics, a lot of goodies and you get your gems back.

This is worth it more than waiting 9 months or more until releasing them to the store.

I waited for Meg's dress for so long and i had enough Shards to buy only one piece. so players who are not very active, have to "work" for these Shards.

To be honest, i don't like exclusive skins of battle passes / rifts when i can't afford to buy it and then see them on other players.

It's nice to have this rift where you can get something you missed.

• snek
    snek Member Posts: 180
    Options

why even bother with rift? are those 2000 charms worth it?

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,355
    edited October 2021
    Options

I was the exact same when the event cosmetics were given to everyone. If other people get to enjoy Huntress's hound mask and I don't lose my mine, I'm more than happy for them to have it.

• Torsti56
    Torsti56 Member Posts: 259
    Options

You get all of those outfits for free if you have active rift pass and not spending Auric Cells to anything else. People who wants those outfits needs to pay or use shards to get those.

-You invested 10$ to get rift pass, got huge amount of outfits to different characters. People who wants same outfit needs to pay 10$ to get that single outfit.

Let's take Hillbilly for example. That outfit you got when Billy was Highlighted in pass costs 10$ to anyone who wants it now. It costed you 10$ then and you had gotten different outfits to different survivors/killers after that.

I dont see any problem if people are willing to pay 10$ for outfits which I got for free months ago. I invested just 10€ to second pass and have gotten everything for free after that. All that costs hundreds of Euros or dollars to someone who wants it afterwards.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    Options

Your complaining that people have to pay 1080 auric cells for 1 full cosmetic set when if you finish the pass you get more then 3 cosmetic sets, all your auric cells back, and charms that I'm pretty sure are exclusive? Not sure about you but I feel like the people who are buying the cosmetics are kinda getting screwed over in this situation.

• SabunoHakia
    SabunoHakia Member Posts: 465
    Options

Bloodpoints can be gained by playing and sacrifices, charms are nice but a niche, complete Auric cell refund actually which is why it's annoying, to watch someone just not put on some effort. But I guess instant gratification is better. Welp I know this now, why bother trying when you can just get it later. The whole point of passes is usually a incentive to play and have nice things others don't. Not everyone needs to have a fair opportunity unless they try and put in the same effort and work others are. Opportunity and rewards are earned not just bought later on. This is a rich person mentally that anyone can just buy their way in to having the same or better stuff than those who work hard to get some place.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 872
    Options
  • gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

I never got this mindset of someone else having something I have devalues my item. When it comes to money that's different because of economy jargon I'm not qualified to talk about but when it comes to video games I really never got it. Especially around making items that were timed exclusives and making them available for other players. If I like something I want to share it with other people I hate having something and my friend saying it's cool how did you get it and having to tell oh you can't get it anymore sorry. That makes me feel way worse then when that item comes back in a shop or in a different event.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

They've always said that old rift cosmetics will return in the store. Get over it, someone else having an outfit doesn't ruin you having it.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,935
    Options

you mean these challenge that are optional and can be completed at anytime?

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Options
  • SlothGirly
    Options

Yeah, you worked so hard to play the game more that somebody else for a little bit. The rift challenges are far, far from hard. Stop being entitled and gatekeeping over some cosmetics dude... you get all your auric cells back, so literally what are you even complaining about? not like your money is lost... also you realise the value for your money is incredibly high compared to a direct purchase? So not like they get a better deal. It's a ######### game, so curb your self importance and let people get the cosmetics they missed out on.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,001
    Options

Cosmetics aren't the Rift prize, at least not the main one. They're the bonus, the incentive to spend your auric cells, the marketting ploy.

All it is, is a promotional item. "Buy a subscription and get $50 worth of goodies for just $10!"

The prize is the final charm. That's what nobody else can obtain any other way.

• aylawell
    aylawell Member Posts: 119
    Options

I don't think its elitist or petty at all. I used to like wearing my 2017 fire rooster shirt once in awhile even though its crazy bright, and when id see another survivor wearing it I'd know they had also been around since that time and its a little slice of happy nostalgia.. like an unspoken comraderie.. then they gave it to everyone. I don't care about the money aspect I care that these items felt special because you had to be there at the time to earn them. Dressing like a skater doesn't make you a skater.

• aylawell
    Options

Like how would you feel if you spent 4 years at college and earned your degree then 5 years later they decide to just let the public buy that degree without doing the work? Would you not feel upset? Cheated even? Would it not devalue your degree? I believe it would.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

You missed the memo at the beginning of every rift saying that you were getting early access, it seems. Rift cosmetics and charms aren't exclusives, never have been, and never have been promised as that.

• Sickerton
    Sickerton Member Posts: 77
    Options

Dear potential employer,

I feel as if I would fit in perfectly with your current workforce, as I have the following qualifications:

I have the burnt Huntress skin in Dead By Daylight, several Unusuals in Team Fortress 2, and a Blue Partyhat in Runescape.

I will have a strong motivation to get other workers fired, since as we all know my position grows more valuable the less people like me there are.

I will donate to the company, so long as you promise to take no donations from anyone else. You are mine and mine alone.

I hope to hear from you soon, so we may discuss starting salary.

• SabunoHakia
    Options

The challenges aren't even that bad and the one's that are just are skippable not only that simply "playing" the game gets you levels as well. I am not being entitled, I am paying for something and working towards that. Gatekeeping is only the concept of someone who wants something but complains when they can have it easier and the ones who work for something nice is just easily given a week later to people. But it's whatever. I am not talking to someone who simply can't understand the fact hard work and effort put in should get you something to be happy about not that its not right for someone to have something someone else has but they all have the same opportunities to buy the pass and play and work towards it.

• SabunoHakia
    Options

Well if it's about the final charm and it's a exclusive feature to the pass then I actually don't care then as they can honestly have the cosmetics.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

there’s nothing wrong with adding old rift cosmetics to a store that you only had to spend 1000 cells on. And it isn’t all about the cosmetics.

• aylawell
    Options