Nerf Ruin (It's a good one, I swear!)

Options
Lliart
Lliart Member Posts: 193
edited October 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Basically I wanna have ruin be nerfed BUT I want base-line regression to be buffed to either 150% regression or 175%. With this, I feel that having Ruin mostly be a convenience perk with no increase to regression and not have to use time to kick stuff would be neat. Either that or just make it additive so that ruin increases regression by 50% or 25% so that it still does what it does on live, but it isn't as vital for the killer perk Meta.

Comments

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003
    Options

We just need 5% regression to kicks base and adjust all other gen-related perks around this! Like Tinkerer would have around a thirty second cooldown so it couldn't repeat activate, Pop would be an additional 20% regression so it would be 25% total, things like that. It would be such a blessing!

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

Yet it wouldn't be enough unless you address the issue of gen times being too short for a majority of killers to function. All of these suggestions would just further centralize the meta around the 5 or 6 killers who have high map pressure gameplans with only the top three being truly threatening. Also consider that Ruin already doesn't do enough and is rng dependent to the point that you could literally have someone spawn right next to it more often than not completely removing the value. A 5% regression kick is literally nothing when you account for the fact that lost progress can be recovered and exceeded with little counter effort.

• truegod_10
    truegod_10 Member Posts: 393
    Options

Regression should naturally be where ruin is. Ruin then just makes it so you dont have to be there or kick the gens.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,991
    Options

I wouldn't mind this change. Either this or base-line insta -5% regression from generators after kicking them.

• CormanClan
    CormanClan Member Posts: 11
    Options

I think a better idea is ruin dose to much over all, leave a gen is regresses fine but at 150% speed. spit it into 2 perks one is when survivers leave a gen it regresses defult 5% another new perk could be regresses speed is 200% that way the current ruin power takes 2 perks slots and 1 totem effect meaning after the totem is gone it's not compleatly useless, but it's also not as op as today.

• IWFreak
    IWFreak Member Posts: 252
    Options

Why not both? I like the idea of your kick not instantly disappearing after a surv taps the same gen for a microsecond. But also that the gen is actually regressing.

This way there isnt that much a gap between having and not having Ruin. Just make Ruin take away the need to kick gens.

• SabunoHakia
    SabunoHakia Member Posts: 465
    Options

Nerf ruin? Okay. Detective's Hunch/Map. Done. Wait still unsatisfied as a survivor? Okay. Small game, oh lord still unsatisfied and unhappy in life? Here is a bigger reason to do a Totem, Boons! RELIGHTABLE AND THEY OVER RIDE A HEX WOOO. Oh hexes... right Obsolete now. HMM... wonder why the killer's always get beaten with a whiffle ball bat all the time... welp the "new" survivor's who are future teabagging toxic scum are happy. Who cares about the killer side when the whole game is centered and reliant on the killer's well when they start leaving in droves we know the marketing team has it covered Survivor Island!!

• Zacharry100
    Zacharry100 Member Posts: 133
    Options

So 8 seconds of ruin progression is done in 2 by one survivor....######### are you smoking to say ruin need more nerf. You survivors have gotten it good lately.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,001
    Options

This isn't a nerf to Ruin though, this is just a buff to base regression.

Currently base regression is 100% and Ruin is 200%.

This siggestion would just be base getting buffed to 150% and Ruin staying exactly where it is at 200%.

Obviously the relative percentage would be less but the charges per second would stay the same.

I don't disagree with it, but it's not a Ruin nerf. So everyone having a tantrum about you daring to touch their precious Ruin is looking a bit silly...

• whereismykebab
    whereismykebab Member Posts: 228
    Options

Survivors need to not be able to stop the regression by tapping. Make them continously repair a gen for 2 seconds or else letting go before that would continue to regress and reset the 2s.

• Lliart
    Options

You guys... DID see that I wanted Ruin to be additive right? That I wanted base regression BUFFED so that it's 150% regression (rank 2 ruin on live), right? And you guys definitely saw, again, that I want ruin to be ADDITIVE meaning that since I want regression brought down to be 50%, so that would mean that it does the same thing it does on live? Instead of being completely transformative and making Ruin vital in order to perform well? 'Cause I'm not sure about you but I'm getting pretty sick of Ruin being needed on all of my killer builds, only to lose it due to survivor spawns or otherwise losing it 20 seconds in and running only 3 perks.

It technically is a nerf in my eyes since if we make it additive then we can at least satisfy both the survivor and killer sides with a buff and nerf. Sure if we keep it transformative and at 200% it wouldn't make that much of a difference. Although I feel if BHVR comes out and says "We're buffing regression and not touching any other gen perks!" then there would be even more bellyaching that there isn't a fair balance change.

• SabunoHakia
    Options

I wouldn't have a problem with this if hexes were harder to be removed at the start and that gen tapping wasn't a thing and every time you kick a gen and they tap it within 15 seconds you get up to a maximum of 3% regression per kick until the gen hasn't been touched for 15 seconds total.

It forces me to stick around a nearly done gen for too long and when I am being forced to play tag with two others holding that gen down I can't properly leave that as even one gen forces me in a bad position sometimes.

But I would like ruin as a hex if removed to give 3% gen regress per kick.

• Lliart
    Options

So you agree with what I'm saying about baseline regression being buffed to 150% or 175% so that Ruin can be nerfed?

• SabunoHakia
    edited October 2021
    Options

Yeah if that is the case a baseline regression is a huge fair trade off in the concept of ruin as it's ridiculous to need that to slow the gens down specially when single touches stop the regression all together. I hate the fact hexes are gone within mere seconds of the game even starting and no survivor should spawn next to them or near a gen or ever clustered together.