I've gotta be honest, Nurse's difficulty is highly overrated.

Options
NomiNomad
NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

I am not a Nurse main, yet I picked her up recently due to getting bored with the regular M1 killers. I can't say exactly what my SBMM rating is, because they don't ######### show it to us, but I consistently go against Survivors that are at least decent. It's been a long while since I've gone against an obvious 'baby' survivor.

Nurse is toted as being this incredibly hard Killer to use, but honestly, I don't really get it. Maybe I'm just more inclined towards her than I thought, but I haven't had that much trouble?

When I was first starting? Yeah, definitely. I felt like I could barely do anything. But like 10 games in, she really isn't that hard to use. Have I mastered her? Definitely not. I still ######### up every now and then, but most of the time, she isn't incredibly difficult. Once I figured out how far my blinks travel and got that to memory, she became way easier.

I'm not trying to hate on any Nurse mains or anything, she's definitely more challenging than most of the roster, but I still do feel like this stigma of "Nurse taking hundreds of hours to learn" is a little overblown. I feel Blight is harder to play.

This is all of course on PC, I think she must be the hardest on the console. I never played her when I was on PS4, so I don't know.

Comments

• NomiNomad
    Options

That's definitely fair. I just feel like Nurse has this stigma of being "incredibly difficult to play" when, at least in my experience, once you get blinking down she isn't that difficult at all.

I find Blight much more difficult personally, yet everyone points to Nurse.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,559
    Options

I think I've seen two Console Nurse's and they both got 4 man escaped.

Also, she makes me super motion sick.

• NomiNomad
    Options

Yeah, that doesn't surprise me. BHVR really just ######### console players with the way they design Killers.

And yeah, that's fair. I personally don't really get motion sick, but I can only imagine she would mess with that real bad.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,090
    Options

She will always be hard for me as long as her fatigue remains. The loss of control of the camera and the screen darkening gives me migraines and prevent me from playing her more than 5 minutes.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

maybe it's an individual thing. I've never gotten the hang of nurse and I kinda feel like her and billy are the two killers I could play endlessly but it just never falls into place (although I guess eventually I might get survivors where I could win without using blinks). Blight on the other hand I can usually bonk some survivor skulls in pretty well even with no slowdowns, on indoor maps or after long breaks from him.

• NomiNomad
    Options

Fatigue is definitely my biggest problem so far. I can't stand it.

The mechanic is fine, Nurse needs fatigue, but the visuals drive me insane.

• NomiNomad
    Options

I'm in the same boat as you, at least halfway. I can't play Billy for #########.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    Options

If survivors are not knowledgeable of her and just run in the open she seems way easier than she really is, plus there's a lot of gsme knowledge needed too, Her difficulty extends beyond mechanical skill, map knowledge is just as important for blink gauging

• Impose
    Impose Member Posts: 400
    Options

Her play is variance against the survivor. You have to learn how each survivor likes to juke. "Okay Steve likes to double back." "Nea just holds W" "Ace likes to run to LoS then run back to bait a longer blink" etc etc etc

Nurses strength comes from when you adapt to what each survivor likes to do and have the skill level do so without thinking and on the fly.

If Nurse was just "blink to one location" she WOULDN'T be hard. The difficulty comes from adjusting what you are doing in the middle of a blink charge if you need to, and adapting to what survivors do

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,658
    Options

Terrain/Blink Bugs and 4x Dead Hards are the things that usually cost me my Nurse games.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,559
    Options

Well, yeah. The last 5 Killers have been broken or garbage on Console when they've launched.

(Blight, Twins, Trickster, Nemesis and Pinhead)

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

No offence but I’m doubtful you’ve been facing particularly decent survivors if you were having such an easy time with only 10 games experience. Nurse can be much easier to play when survivors run in straight lines, act too predictable or fail to use line of sight correctly etc.

That being said I agree she isn’t the hardest killer to play. She’s the hardest to pick up, but Blight is notably harder to master IMHO.