console mouse and keyboard support

Dan_Eightynin9
Dan_Eightynin9 Member Posts: 66
edited October 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

To make this game balanced for console players, you need to approve mouse and keyboard support. we all know how advantageous it is for those who play from a pc with a mouse and keyboard, and since there is crossplay, we must give all players the opportunity to play with the peripheral they are best with. other games have approved this change, and the results have been great! Dead by daylight wake up and give everyone a choice, not just a category of players

Comments

• stvnhthr
    stvnhthr Member Posts: 777

sounds good to me

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,236

They literally just covered this in the Q&A.

Their answer was: No

No explanation, just no...

I know...

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,774

Like a couple of days ago they answered this question during the devs Q&A, saying there's no plans to add it. When asked in a prior Q&A a few years back the response was something along the lines of "it would take to long, involve too much work, and would require an UI overhaul as well.

So yeah, this is a no.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

The fact they still give a no is really worrisome.

it’s a huge community request and they must be aware of that. It’s somewhat of an accessibility option as well which they started to actually pay attention to finally. And they must be aware of how disadvantageous it is for Killer players to use a controller.

i guess at least they have stated they have thought about further sensitivity options for controllers..

• SwampViking
    SwampViking Member Posts: 34

It's because the DEVS do not care. The community asks for it, it's a legitimate concern. "Eh, we don't want to"

• Carelesspegasus6
    Carelesspegasus6 Applicant Posts: 2

Sadly, I don't think they really care. They didn't really give an answer as to why it was a no, they just said no. I wish they would reconsider, but you shouldn't get your hopes up.