How would you go about buffing clown?

baseballfan4877
baseballfan4877 Member Posts: 364
edited October 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I can't help but think outside of a few strong addons that clown is really bad. I was just wondering what yall think would be a good way to buff him?

Comments

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Let him have immunity to stuns and blinds while invigorated

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015
    edited October 2021

As a Clown main, here are my ideas:

• Make it so that you can do actions faster 10% or 20% faster while the antidote affects you, so that you're able to get more value out of it while vaulting windows or breaking pallets (since you're basically wasting the speed value while doing so).
    • Separate inventories could work because it'd give Clown an all-new playstyle in which you use your antidotes for mobility instead of chases and only use your tonics for chases. Plus it'd help during chases if you use the antidotes to close in distances in case you need more tonics to shutdown loops. Not too sure about separate inventories but I'm sure we could test it in a PTB.
    • Increase the movement speed while reloading by 33%, aka old Smelly Inner Soles base-kit. Nerf said add-on to +33% movement speed so it stays the same.

As for add-ons, I made an entire thread for them.

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069

Nerf Pinky Finger so when he equips it he has bottle count -2 and in exchange separate his bottles so it was 4/4.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,241

Just faster/instant yellow gas activation. nothing else.

• FaceCampinBuba
    FaceCampinBuba Member Posts: 50

Clown is op! No buff is needed are you kidding me!

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

Separate bottle totals and the speed gas activates instantly.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

Make his yellow bottle activate faster. That's it. Besides an addon pass.

• SabunoHakia
    SabunoHakia Member Posts: 465

His addons are actually the most balanced and well done perks the character himself, no.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    edited October 2021

I think the slowing bottles are fine, but i'd add a bit more to the yellow ones. Either increase it's speed buff, or add action speed buffs for breaking/vaulting. Maybe even lunge distance.

And maaaaybe increase bottle count, 4 seems a bit low, but only when you make mistakes so idk

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

Please no, they said they were buffing Pig and they ended up nerfing her best addons. So i hope they don't "buff" clown aswell.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Give him roller skates.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

The yellow gas should work faster and his reload speed could be 2 seconds by default instead of 3. Clown is in a bad spot I can't understand how they did not buff him proper when they did his rework, which was not much of a rework at all.

• NinthPixel
    NinthPixel Member Posts: 60

Buffs

Tonic Bottle Survivor Hit - 2x Impaired Vision

Antidote Bottle Survivor Hit - Activates Yellow Cloud Instantly

CounterPlay

Survivors who turn and face the bottle being thrown will slap it and cause the bottle not to break.