Apart from the balances, I miss old DBD.

2017 was a blast! I remember coming in when doctor was the newest killer....fun times :/ game was dark and spooky.

Comments

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Graphically the games looks technically better but some of the new maps have an unpleasant pallete which makes me think the same as you. Daytime maps give the wrong atmosphere and so do all grey/brown maps.

But I remember old DS juggling, old ruin punishing newbie me and the hatch standoffs. If you had posted this on Wednesday I would also have said, "and do you remember how you could get a good 3 gen prepared only for three people to effectively DC via the jumping in the hatch and then get bonus points for doing so)

Also, I would miss the 60fps 4K graphics. I couldn't go back to 15fps again!

• Mistikus
    Mistikus Member Posts: 1,347

i miss the atmosphare fomr 2017 too

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

I agree, I think on Ormond it looks fine but coldwind had such a cool vibe before, now it's pretty lame

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I do too. The old atmosphere and feel of the game is gone. Certain old powers like Freddy and billy were better as well.

Plus some remodels cough David cough end up looking worse anyway

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089
    edited October 2021

The look of DBD was way better back then. The Maps looked actually dark and scary. Nowadays you basically play at daylight (even the before Coldwind-Rework).

• DCh4rlie
    DCh4rlie Member Posts: 66

I miss times when I didn't get stuck at every little object on the map.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

Yeah the atmosphere now is lacking. I still believe with fog rework and a little bit of lighting adjustment they could make the new maps look great though! They don’t look bad on their own after all.

but I really really do not miss everything that was broken back then. Infinites, BNP, Moris, hatch mechanic, exhaustion. Then we have QoL stuff like colorblind, struggle not being button mashing anymore etc. They did make so many improvements that go unmentioned.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Idk tbh graphic is much better I literally cringe anytime I see old dbd video gameplay of how bad it was but I agree in one thing it had definitely better horror aspect and atmosphere

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Yeah, I miss the old atmosphere, too.

Ever since the fog was removed and the map reworks, the game lost all of its atmosphere and creepiness. The old graphics had their own style, while the new ones just feel empty and generic.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

Really miss old Crotus Prenn Asylum maps' atmosphere. Can't see any dark, gloomy reminiscences on current maps.

• DatFastBoi
    DatFastBoi Member Posts: 455

Game not working as it should ? Idk bro just get good tbh. DH issues ? More like skill issue, gitgud kid ggez

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

+1

Give us back old DbD atmosphere, fog, and moonlight offerings.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,869

In 2017 I was doing other things. Never knew this game existed back then lol.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,652

So do I.

I miss Old DBD more than anyone does and more than anyone ever will.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

I miss Peer to peer

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Dbd had such a unique and fun atmosphere like 2-3 years ago. The graphics were mediocre but they were dbd graphics and I grew to love them. Realm beyond has destroyed that dbd feel for me. All the survivors look nothing like the survivors I've been playing as for 3 years now. Same with the maps and hud, the maps make this game not even feel like dbd anymore.

I ######### hate realm beyond so ######### much