How do you feel about the upcoming Midnight Grove event?

Options

Do you guys like this event, or do you think it is another lazy attempt by the devs to make an event?

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

Was anything released about it? All I saw was a teaser trailer thing on their Twitter Machine, which tells us nothing except there is probably a pumpkin involved and the dates...

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

I'm not expecting anything new or fun. It's probably going to be the same or similar to last year's event.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    Options

Its going to be another boring event as always, but the cosmetics sound very appealing. Playing dressup was always the appeal of the events IMO, they were never exceptionally complicated. Im excited for what they have to show us this year, i want to make Mikaela look nice.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

I miss hollowed blight objectives and play

• DeadByDedicated
    DeadByDedicated Member Posts: 134
    Options

I'm hopeful. Maybe instead of blighted skins, we'll have killer skins that have pumpkins or something on their heads.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

I wasn't even here at the time, and I know how good it was.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Don’t really care tbh. For honour seem to be doing a better one anyway so I’ll be playing that instead

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,481
    Options

as someone who was around for Scorching BBQ (just reskinned gens and hooks), Hallowed Blight (Pustula Flowers that made every surv not participate in actual matches) and Lunar New Year Event (just the lanterns and you gotta escape)…

i don’t get what people are expecting of these new events? During those events pretty much everyone complained as well. But now people act like they were so good (I did like them btw)

and what we know of the Midnight Grove it is very much in line with the old events..

it can’t be about that extra currency you had to earn, right? What am I missing?

• Mooks
    Options

Was it though?

again, BBQ event only had reskinned gens and hooks and nothing more. Lunar even had the lanterns you interacted with shortly. And Pustula flowers well.. as i said, everyone complained.

And the pumpkins seem like they are well in line with this. And even the anniversary poles or what they are called.. are pretty much the same as the lanterns?

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

I dont know how anyone can be excited for more recycled events.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

5th anniversary was THE chance to prove their "These 2 events are going to be BIG!" statement.

In my humble opinion: They blew it.

I'm not having a positive attitude towards events anymore, so i'm gonna go with the latter you mentioned.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    Options

I don't even remember what happened on the 5th anniversary, so I don't feel hopeful at all.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

Im afraid skins are gonna be meh, so im not very excited

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628
    Options

I don't know much about it yet, but they have away 100k BP already ahead of Mikaela's release so that's cool. I think BHVR did a good job with 5 year event. Cakes and BP event helped me get a lot of BP. Even now I still have 30 cakes on Spirit lol

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

What would you people like to see? Apart from double xp on certian maps or with certain characters each day, I cant think of much else apart from a Halloween tome with unique challenges on it

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,636
    Options

I'm not too thrilled about the event but I hope we get some cool halloween skins.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

Lobby and in game decorations 😲

Blood hunt from Oct.30-Nov.4 🙂

That is all enjoy😃

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974
    Options

THE TIME OF THE YEAR for this game to flourish. THE TIME OF THE YEAR not just licensed DLC will draw a decent number of people. They'll turn on old event and BP bonus.

Screwed any other events in the name of better this and crap then did nothing with it.

can't trust em.

dead dawg still dead?

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,772
    Options

Makes me wish it was a Halloween event revolving around the actual Halloween killer in the game - Mikey.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Well it's my first halloween event in this game so i am excited. More excited for the tome and mid-chapter update though.

• JFF
    JFF Member Posts: 166
    Options

I miss the atmosphere of hallowed blight event. Also you had to work for the cosmetics, instead of unlocking them for free. The greed really changed them.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 864
    Options

I could care less. From past events from last 2 years I'm just gonna assume it's some lazy copy paste with a little extra blood points. No real game play changes and just a few cosmetic changes.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,114
    Options

Events are a myth

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

It was such a cool event. I don't know why they don't bring it back.

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122
    Options

Aren't we getting a mini-Halloween Tome for the event? Maybe the Premium Rift for it will be free and that's what the event will be.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

Why do people bash the newer events and glorify the old ones like summer bbq wich added nothing new to do and also just had some lame revolors?

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

If the the anniversary event is any indication, then expect to be sorely disappointed.

• Mooks
    Options

That’s what I asked. Didn’t get an actual answer, just for the Hallowed Blight event since it was shaking up the gameplay (which pumpkins could also do…)

i guess it’s nostalgia. And people don’t want to admit that.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    Options

I loved the BBQ event. Great changes to models like gens and hooks, simple mechanics that yielded bloodpoints and cosmetics by playing during it with community goals for everyone to work towards!

Hated the Blight event as it just broke the game and had people throwing and leaving early just for nectar.

Recent "events" aren't even a thing. They don't even reuse assets they have used. It's really disappointing...

• Mooks
    Options

i dont remember the community goals for BBQ?

in the end, we still get remodels with recent events (balloons on gens/hooks for anniversary) though I agree the BBQ ones looked especially nice.

i liked the older events, but I also remember that everyone complained about them when they were active. If BHVR hadn’t done BBQ but would do the exact thing now everyone would react the same as they are about the upcoming Midnight Grove (which will probably feature great Gens/Hooks as well, the pumpkins in the teaser looked nice as well and don’t seem to be as ridiculous as the Pustula Flowers)

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

I see a lot of people griping about boring events, blaming BHVR, and reminiscing about the great events of the early years. But stop and think for a minute, during those really fun events, what actually happened in the matches?

• Survivors pick up lanterns, and killers tunnel them out of the game.
    • Killers have an event hook they need to use, so every survivor runs a sabo build to make sure the hook is always out of play.
    • Players need to collect blight serum, so they do exactly that and then intentionally die to suicide on hook and move on.

All this and more! And as a result, the resounding response that the devs heard was that the event sucks and they suck. Complain and gripe.

So why are events so bland now? Us. The community. We did it to ourselves. Too busy being toxic to each and unable to enjoy a good event while we had one. Now the devs are more concerned about avoiding complaints about unbalanced mechanics.

File this under the category of “This is why we can’t have nice things.”

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 593
    Options

Just give me a Blighted Twins Skin and im the happiest Girl i didnt care about anything else on the Event 😅

• Vampwire
    Vampwire Member Posts: 704
    Options

every event is just going to be a "level the rift" event from now on it seems. i miss being able to earn blighted serums for skins it was really fun and made the skins feel more special. last year we werent even going to be able to get any for free until bhvr got backlash for that and gave us iri shards. its better than nothing for sure but the fact that they were basically forced by the community to do an event shows how little the events matter now.