Has anyone else had to turn off crossplay cause hackers?

Getting pretty sick of this ridiculous epidemic. I play on xbox, figure its only pc that has this ability to cheat so hard.. am I oblivious? Will blocking pc players mean I'm safe from cheaters?

Comments

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

I'm on xbox, I'd do the same but I'm worried about killer queues. Let me know how queues are and what sorta skill you are and the time you play?

If I could avoid just pc and keep playstation I would. It's a shame but sadly there are pc players that ruin alot of crossplay games... there are some lovely pc players but considering theres alot of toxic players, hackers, people using things to aid gameplay like crosshairs, filters, stretch res etc. It just puts me off

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

I'm PC and in my years of playing this game have only came across less than 10 hackers...

• EntitySpawn

I'm console and versed more than that and we haven't had crossplay for its whole duration lol. Admittedly it had gotten worse, but you could be lucky or maybe the time/server you play it's less common.

I do remember my first hacker, speed hack myers with tombstone. That mf was going like 400%movement speed lol

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

You speak like if consoles couldn’t use all those with the right monitors, because they aint a PC exclusivity

• I remember that @Pulsar had a forum post where they had crossplay off, but a PC hacker still got in their lobby. So it doesn't even work.

• EntitySpawn

Well niva filters are different to changing contrast on a tv etc. And no most things arent the same or possible on console especially as easy as PC is.

Dont act like all those features arent more common on a pc... sure maybe some console player stick a cheerio on their screen for a cross hair lol but all of these features are way easier, more common and drastic on a pc.

• EntitySpawn

Probably due to BHVRs bad programming on how crossplay works, I mean people have hacked the report buttons and everything so clearly they arent capable of stopping most hackers like other companies do

• Introvertedvet
    Introvertedvet Member Posts: 47

I'm on the PC version and been playing for about a year now. As far as hackers go I think I have seen 1 or 2. For a game like this I think those are awesome odds! You should have been around for America's Army.

• fcb
    fcb Member Posts: 158
    edited October 2021

I turned it off and I still got a cheater on xbox lobby, I messaged the guy and he said he was not hacking but it seemed he had infinite sprint and he also rescue someone from the hook and sabo the hook at the same time. is that possible without hacks?

I recorded videos.

• theplaggg
    theplaggg Member Posts: 267

That one happened to me too. Fortunately it was the first and last one.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

Quick PSA: turning off crossplay doesn't save you entirely. PC players can emulate console credentials/connections - I used to have to do that for ad hoc crossplay before companies started offering it as a more standard feature.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

ofc it's easier in PC but that doesn't mean console can't

• EntitySpawn

Breakdown, it's a perk

Okay and alot of console players can be toxic. I just said my experience with pc has been worse than other platforms at a far more consistent rate. And so many of those features are vastly more common on PC.

Dont get upset about it it's not like they will allow us to pick as alot of people would actually OPT out. I dont mind pc players, it's just a shame it's more common to verse someone with advantages or a bad experience.

Once again my opinion and experience, someone may not have the same experience

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

Hm, maybe I shou - oh wait I'm a PC gamer xd

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

The fact that this even has to be a thread makes me think BHVR simply does not care in the slightest.

They don't care about balance, they don't care about performance on older consoles, they don't care about horrible map design, all this BS with NFT's, SBMM consistently makes playing well as Killer a miserable experience because it will proceed to pin you against boosted Survivors.

And now you can't even play the game without some script kiddie with mommies credit card ruining the damn game.

I'm ######### sick of this bullshit, and I'm sick of this company.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,162

Am I lucky? I play in PC and for 3 years now with 4.2k hrs and I only faced 1 obious Hacker 2 years ago when crossplay with Windows Store was enabled (I guess there were some subtle ones, but I'll never know) and before Servers went online, maybe 3 lagswitchers. I never encountered the machinegun hatchets wielding Ghost Face either.

And this. I guess my Windows Store Hacker was indeed from Steam and just emulated the crossplay so we couldn't find their profile and send a ticket.

• aylawell
    aylawell Member Posts: 119

Yeah so I decided to turn crossplay back on to cut down wait time and what do you know!? First game I play i get a dude picking himself up off the ground every time I down him then paused in place when I actually get to pick him up then rubber band lagged all over the place while I'm near him untill I get disconnected but I guess i deserve another matchmaking ban for it right?