Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

BHVR fix your trash AntiCheat

It's not just a streamer problem, it affects the entire community.

The fact that people aren't complaining about this more is insane to me when cheaters just operate in broad daylight, instantly healing, rezzing teammates, rezzing themselves without unbreakable, having insanely strong boil overs when they don't even run the perk, extended blind duration, infinite blind duration, speed hacks, fly hacks, the list goes on.

Games end in a few minutes when I'm survivor.

Games take 5,000 centuries when I'm killer.

I'm not allowed to have fun regardless of the side I choose

This garbage is so obvious a braindead child can recognize it and know when to ban the cheaters, yet DbD's anticheat is so pathetic that it has no clue what the difference between a normal survivor and a survivor going at 5000 mph is.

I'm excited for the next update, I've even grinded enough shards to unlock to new survivor, but straight up I'm just not going to play if every game I'm coin flipping between cheater or no cheater in my lobbies.

This is pathetic, how is there not a proper anticheat after this many years of the game being out? Don't even get me started on that joke you guys call a report system, so bad even your valued streamers tell their audiences not to bother using it.

Comments

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

thats EAC's job

• botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633

Not really if you look at other that run EAC the do multiple ban. No anti cheat is perfect the closest i have seen to a perfect anti cheat is the anti cheat valorant use.

I have seen people getting ban in game cause they were cheating and those game use EAC so this is a compagnie issue not just an anti cheat issue.

• Yatol

im really curious what those games are because every games that used EAC always end up with a massive surge of hackers after a while.

one game that released recently called "hood" had hackers in the beta

• botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633

An example is apex legend they use the EAC and they ban a lot of people who cheat and while i was watching a streamer someone in the lobby got ban for hacking. The guy who got ban had 10 person looking at him and reporting him in the game so the dev ban him in game. For them its not normal having that many report and that many viewer on a player in game so they took action.

• Astrian
    Astrian Member Posts: 320

Yet plenty of other devs that use EAC don't seem to have nearly as bad of problems as BHVR, coincidence?

• Yatol
    1. Apex Legend has been having hacker problems since season 10
    2. If 10 people had to report the hacker and a Dev had to manually ban the player, that means EAC does not work
  • Yatol
    edited October 2021

i need exemples, i dont know any games with EAC that dont have hacker problem. Everytime a game is announced to have EAC, everyone usually become skeptical

• DarkIce
    DarkIce Member Posts: 9

EAC is good enough. Not perfect but good enough. EAC can only prevent cheaters and cheats that are really messing with the game but thats not the case with DbD. In DbD most stuff is still hosted killer-sided or at least P2P this means that the cheat can basically tell the server that the killer hit the survivor across the map and the server will happily accept that undoubtedly (also this is the reason why killers with bad ping have still a big advantage). This is nothing that EAC can prevent because it is how the game is programmed. BHVR has to fix their game first then we can complain about EAC.

• Astrian
    Astrian Member Posts: 320

Apex Legends uses EAC and has a hacker problem, but not nearly to the extent of Dead by Daylight

In AL you see people aimbotting and have wallhacks all the time. They're cheating, but these are minor cheats that you can at least attempt to hide.

Furthermore, we know these people DO get banned, that's why they often have to be subtle with their cheating and will at least pretend to play like a real person. It's also a Free To Play game, so people who do get banned can just make a new account and get started again.

In DBD like I said, they don't even need wallhacks or aimbots. They can just fly around the stage, instantly heal teammates, use perks that they don't even have, move at insane speeds, blind the killer for the entire duration of the match, the world is their playground. The reason they can do this is because the game is physically incapable of recognizing this occurring.

Even worse, reporting is known to not do anything as the ban never goes through or the ban happens MONTHS after the report is received. People have just given up on reporting due to the poor feedback reporting gives.

Both games have hacker problems, but DBD's problems are far far more ridiculous than Apex Legends'

The only things DBD's anticheat have going for it is: 1. DBD is a paid game, 2. DBD has a notably lower population than Apex Legends.