Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Killers camp because its one the best strategy the game gives you to win in most situations.

Adaez
Adaez Member Posts: 1,239

I watched someone that has thousand of hours in the game as a killer main and he recognizes the fact camping nets you more kills most of the time.

Most survivors will stop doing gens and try to go for the save,usually at least 2 survivors try to go for the save, one trying to get to get killer attention and the other go for the save.

If you camp,you will not only get at least a second stage on a survivor,but most likely at least 2 others injured and a down.

What stops a killer from camping the first hooked survivor to death?Nothing,because its usually rewared for it,even if other survivors complete 3 gens until first one is dead,you can get 1 or 2 more hooks until all gens are done.

And if you have an endgame perk like noed,that will usually net you at least 1 insta down and hook because survivors usually never take the time to cleanse all totems first before repairing all gens,you can get about 2 kills without much effort.

This is one of the biggest game flaw in my opinion,camping should never be this rewarding but it is,because it forces survivors to do something else in a game where genrush is a huge problem to deal with as killer.

You can either choose to let the first survivor die in exchange of 2-3 gens or give the killer an easy down.

Camping gives you a lot more than trying to defend a gen in the corner of the map.

Comments

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I totally agree that it is quite effective. I know, everyone says, just do gens, but unless you only care about escaping yourself, it is hard to do.

Why? Because we are on a team, and I want to attempt to get you before second stage, so you have at least a chance of hitting DS, if you don't run it, well you were going to second stage anyway.

I hate when teammates leave me to die on hook because of camping, I run DS, just get me off.

So, why I don't like it, I understand why people do it. But, it's the same for the killer, you must only care about the kills and not the game.

I am much more of a journey person than a destination person. If I die or only get 1k, it's more important how I got there, than just getting there.

But, at the same time, I understand others are about the destination.

• ignaeon
    ignaeon Member Posts: 106

Camping is an awful idea if the idea of a win is a 4k, it wastes too much time.

If the idea of a win is a 2k, camping is the most effective tactic possible for all killers but doctor (who can know how many people are near the hook), as survivors need to make mistakes for a killer to catch them.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Yes, so true.

I guess in theory, if everyone stopped worrying about their MMR and played more for team fun, then survivors could go for saves, die , lowering their MMR and increase the killer's MMR giving them competitors that really want to sweat and leave a teammate behind in a 6 minute game.

Sounds just, I guess.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

With one on hook, the killer can negate another 60s of chase and bait in more survivors.

Just makes sense in a lot of situations to let the survivors make mistakes over feeding into counter productive long chases.

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,239

Exactly,a killer can waste over a minute in a chase and not even get a down.

• kaoraku
    kaoraku Member Posts: 247

Maybe in ash... But later you will stuck with your grade pretty hard if all this is wat you do in a match...

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Killers camp because NFTs.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I just had a Nemesis hardcore tunnel me. Before mmr, I would hate it because he robbed me ability to play. With mmr, I was like haha the next 4 survivors will rob him ability to play.

• kaoraku

I really not get what you try to say here. And also i really still not get the hissy about camping. All those, who rage about it should think a little. If the killer have to chase everybody one by one from healthy state, and we count only 1 minute for all of those chases (i know, it will be less then 1 minute after a while since paletts down etc.. but still) then how long would be a game? Yeah, exactly - 12 minutes. When the survivors can finish 5 gens in 3 minutes. What the actuall hell do you think then? Why shouldn't it reward? Or why people think the killer is only there to give points for the survivor, and not an actual player also, who want to get points and enjoy the game too?

And do not even try to grab in the "toxic" thing. Those killers would camp even if it wouldn't reward them at all.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

Grade literally doesn't matter. You can't degrade anymore and it has no bearing on matchmaking.

• kaoraku

First of all - you cannot declare that it doesn't matter for everyone. Yeah, you cannot loose grade. But if somebody wants to reach grade 1, then for them (until they reach) it's matters.

And who said anything else? What i said was that if survivors only rush gens, and killers only camp then later it will be not enough even for a safepip.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    edited October 2021

It depends on killer.

Camping Wraith? Noone cares.

Camping bubba? Houston, we have a problem.

Then just combine it with NOED for easy MMR, but let's be honest.

This work only when you manage to get down fast enough, if they finished 3 gens before your first down, because survivor played save, you are ######### and camping will not save you. This will become issue higher you go with MMR, so it will stop working that well.

I don't understand players that would want them to lose MMR for it, it would actually help those killers and camping would work more and more for them...

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069

Correct me if I'm wrong, but majority doesn't care about MMR while they can talk about it whole day and pretend they are best out of best players in the world and know everything. Killers want kills at all cost and if they need to make it boring as hell, they do it.

There are so many players who think hooks are irrelevant and only kills matter that makes me think there's something wrong with players.

• Exult
    Exult Member Posts: 101

This is ridiculous. A killer is enjoying the game while standing in front of the hook and doing nothing? Your example is unrealistic. If it takes you that long to get a down then you should have left the survivor thirty seconds ago because clearly they're better or have a good set up. Learn to give, learn to make a three gen, learn some mind games, learn how to use your power better, learn how to pressure the map, and learn how to force them to burn through their resources. You shouldn't get rewarded for not inputting any command while you stand there and hold one survivor hostage on a hook. You should get rewarded for playing efficiently and skillfully because that takes time invested.

• Dino7281
    edited October 2021

Well, some don't care about any of those, I just don't want game to take 5 minutes and I want to have fun.

That is different when I am grinding for max grade tho, there I care about hooks, because I have to for pips...

I have seen posts, where they wanted to "punish" campers by making them "lose" the game.

Camping is not good for some killers and there are times where camping is best thing killer can do.

Like when I managed to get 3-gen and hook inside, why the hell would I leave?

Of course face camping on 5 gens suck, but it's quite rare at least for me.

• R2k

I mean killers who use camping as main strat. For me there's huge difference between 2 hook play and 8+. First is boring for both sides but there are people who are perfectly fine cause kills only matter.

• Dino7281
    edited October 2021

Yeah, some said that it would be nice, if MMR cared about hooks. It would have both good and bad effects.

Good, is that even tho you didn't kill anyone, I would see 8 hook and maybe 1-2 kills is damn good game for the killer and that killer would be rewarded for it.

Problem is that campers would lose MMR and that would result in worse survivors, that would just keep getting destroyed more and that killer would just never have reason to get better in chases and improve overall.

It might be fixed with hook stages instead of just hooks. So even if you camp someone you get 3 stages, but you would get rewarded for you extra hooks even if it didn't result in kill.

But I think killer MMR system works fine now, I have issues with survivor MMR more.

• R2k
    edited October 2021

Tutorial and game guides needs to be improved. Current tutorial just teaches u there are some buttons and u can press them.

There should be something like missions that teach u how to outplay AI camping killer so players could practice before going online*

• kaoraku

#########? Why you want to tell others how they have to play a game? :D And what learn to give? When survivors give anything for free? Do not tell me it enjoyable to holding m1 in front of a generator to go on with your example.

And if you think it takes 30 seconds after a hook to down somebody, then you clearly play against bots. It takes time to find a survivor, and if the map not a total wasteland without paletts, then it is not a law that you will end a chase within a half minute with downing a survivor.

If they so much better and the killer should give up, then they would be easily able to unhook that one. And 1 survivor would be enough for it - what would happens even if the killer leave the hook, which is better situation for them, 'cause 2 survivor still free to repair gens.

Hostage on a hook... Holy ######### :D That "hostage" have 3 other mates, who can use perks also to unhook. Again - why you think that you can tell anybody how to play a game?

• Exult

Yes the three other mates should come dive at the hook you're camping to give you free kills. That's also ridiculous. Another thing is, yes, sitting on a gen holding m1 is so ######### boring which is why it's terrible when a killer camps the hook because it's no fun for anyone. The language barrier here is definitely going to be an issue, so let's just drop it. You're not worth the time to argue with.

• kaoraku

It is so low when your argument is about the grammar or the language... Nothing to do with the language since all your argument is that YOU bored when you repair gen, and you bored when you camp a hook. And that's why you want to force others, to play your way. And if 3 of you not able to unhook somebody only with another downed survivor, then you are really bad - but you started your argument that the killer shouldn't camp since that situation happens only if the survivors are better; So it is clear at that point, that you just another ranter who wants to force something on others since your ego so huge, that you think you have the right to tell others how should they play a game.

• Underdawg
    Underdawg Member Posts: 193

Play as efficiently/selfishly as you like, with the best strategy that you think will allow you to "win". Just be prepared to eventually only be placed with other players who feel the same way. That is how SBMM will "reward" you.

Good luck.

• Exult

You have absolutely no idea what I'm saying, and that's why it's not worth arguing with you. Not only are you assuming everything about me you can't comprehend what my point is because you simply don't understand. Nobody is forcing anything on anyone. I can say if it's a ######### or boring tactic and I can say what I think other people should do.

Like I said you're not going to understand what I'm saying. Just give up and go on and camp all the hooks you want buddy. If that's what you want to do I hope you have fun just standing there I guess. As for me, I'll be trying to save my teammates from people like that and getting into chases because that's what is mostly fun about this game lmao