The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Stuck after getting unhooked

I play on xbox one and i have played 2 games since the update and in both games there was a major issue. Sometimes after getting unhooked i was unable to move for about 5-10 seconds. My gf who i was playing with also had this happen to her a few times. At one point i was unhooked and the killer came right back to us and hit me multiple times and was unable to down me until i was unstuck. Both games we played were against a spirit so Im not sure if that has anything to do with the bug. This bug caused us to lose both games we played and it was extremely frustrating.

17 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Winchester89
    Winchester89 Member Posts: 85

I had the same problem with Demo and Billy.

• NotAKoreanNacho
    NotAKoreanNacho Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2021

I dont think it's just spirit. I played my first game today against a hillbilly and the same glitch happened to me. The first time I was unhooked it showed me stuck still in the hooked animation the second time however I was just standing below the hook and couldn't move. (PS4)

Post edited by NotAKoreanNacho on
  • turbo7021
    turbo7021 Member Posts: 1

Same thing, got unhooked but stayed floating in the air, on the ground for others, couldn't move. But on Windows 10 PC.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723

This just happened to me against Nemesis. Except I was standing up, and I couldn't move for like 15 seconds. In which time a zombie walked over and downed me, so I just got hooked again immediately. Most infuriating feeling.

• Quimey
    Quimey Member Posts: 2

I am experiencing this almost every game since yesterday. I have played as different survivors (Kate, Nea, Dwight and Nancy) against different killers (Clown, Bubba, Hillbilly), so perhaps it is something about the hooks.

• Tsujiro
    Tsujiro Member Posts: 3

I've noticed this happening to me when I'm carrying an item. If you drop your item it can fix issue of not being able to move.

• MadameExotine
    MadameExotine Member Posts: 177

I think it might have to do with entangled hooks. Happened to me and a friend a few times. Very frustrating.

On the killer side, the same thing happens sometimes where the killer can't hit survivors on entangled gens.

• MrSassidy
    MrSassidy Member Posts: 3

This also has happened to me while playing as Feng Min. It happened against Hilbilly, Leatherface, and Demogorgon. After I get hooked and another survivor unhooks me, I either appear to still be attached to the hook, or I move to the ground. Either way, I cannot move but the killer can still down me again and other survivors can still heal me.

I play on PS4 and it’s getting very frustrating as there are many other bugs that compound and make the game unplayable (e.g. loading screen times, loss of add-ons when error 500/501 occurs, and just high latency in general).

• stayhome
    stayhome Member Posts: 4

Same - every time I play and I’m losing regularly because of it :((