New Survivor Character Portraits Need...Something

JacksonWise
JacksonWise Member Posts: 651
edited October 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I wanna start by saying I understand the devs want to make updates to the portraits to better reflect their in-game models. But I don't think these new portraits do the characters justice. In fact, I'd argue they are a disservice to the characters and to the players who have formed emotional attachments to them.

In my opinion, the majority of the new portraits are a downgrade from their previous iterations. The only exceptions being Nea and MAYBE Quentin. It's not just that the updated portraits are new and will take some time getting used to. There is something about the graphics or texturing used for them that make these new portraits stand out in a bad way. You can immediately tell which characters got an update even if you've never played the game because they are artisticly inconsistent with the rest of the character portraits.

Again, I understand the devs wanted to try something new here, but I don't think it worked out the way it was intended. I personally don't think the previous character portraits were different enough from their updated models to warrant the change, and I think many players would prefer to have these changes reverted. If that is not the route the devs wish to go, then please at least consider touching them up to where they don't stick out in such an off-putting way.

Post edited by JacksonWise on

Comments

• snek
    snek Member Posts: 180

they butchered David D:

• philomela
    philomela Member Posts: 34

I agree that Nea's and Quentin's are pretty good, but David doesn't even look like the new David, and nor does the style of the portrait fit the others. He is far too chubby, has the wrong hair/hairline and it looks like a different person. Maybe that would be fine for a new character, or if they had actually remade David to look like that... but they didn't.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Only a couple imo look good, Nea and Quentin (although his lighting seems way too bright) and the rest look like rushed unpolished versions.

Doesn't help the fact they didn't even update all of them. They last few remaining look stupidly out of place, or even the other way around.

David, oh dear david. They pulverized his face before taking the portrait. #########.