Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

With Spirit nerfed, now pls nerf Iron Will (Survivor Main)

First and foremost:

• I play both sides. More Survivor, but after 4.2k hrs total... well... veteran is veteran.
  • I only used Stridor in my very first couple of matches. I never used it again after, because I think it handicaps more in the long run.
  • I use Iron Will (Jeff without that is just... no)

Now to the important stuff:

Spirit has counterplay now. I noticed that while playing on both sides (Survivor with a friend without IW), that survivors can finally make decisions on what you are doing as Spirit, which is a good thing. The 50/50 guessing never felt skillful or good. Now when I get chased, I can make a decision based on the noise I hear, but as Spirit, I can still mindgame the sound cue. Although it's more like a normal M1 killer now, just faster.

I also noticed, that you can juke spirit multiple ways while phasing now too. It's not the simple "backtracking" anymore but a lot more complex. These are all good changes and need nothing more. Dust would be too much, because it is an exact indicator. Direction is enough. With dust, you couldn't even mindgame anymore because Survivors would see it.

Now the problem: Iron Will/Boon:Shadowstep

Iron will is the much bigger problem here, but in combination with Shadowstep, it's game over for you, because Survivors become literally undetectable while phasing. No scratches, no blood, no sound... and if they stop running and crouch/walk away while the chase music smashes in your ears, they just vanish. And when I played against her, it was pretty easy to lose her, when using Iron Will (it felt like a no-brainer). Without IW, it was more difficult, but managable.

Therefore I propose a nerf to Iron Will (I don't care about no scratches, if I can track something else).

IRON WILL

You are able to concentrate and enter a meditative-like state to numb some pain.

• Lowers the volume of Grunts of Pain by 50/75/100 %.
  • Your breathing is audible like in Uninjured State.

(Therefore Stridor would be usable again, because Stridor makes normal breathing louder. In short: when injured, you sound the same as a healthy person.)

Comments

• venusxbunny
    venusxbunny Member Posts: 34

I don't even play spirit but watched a top tier spirit player on youtube struggle because she is USELESS with iron will + no scratchmarks. What's even the point of phasing now except to move faster, in which case just play blight or wraith where you can actually still see people. DBD really nerfed a killer's entire power to be useless. Her whole tradeoff was that you could not see her but she also couldn't see you, now she is detectable like wraith except she still can't see you.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,177

I am only an average Spirit player, since I only started to play her more often about a month ago. I switched to her because I my old main (Freddy) is just not that effective vs good people anymore.

You are right with Sprit now just being a 110% killer who can't see/hear #########, whereas Wraith/Blight are both 115%.

That was like that before (injured sounds are 50% louder). The problem is, that you are heared from a far distance when not using IW then and some louder survivors like my main Jeff, Bill, Ash, Laurie etc have 0 chance in getting away or hide becaus eyou can move so fast. I think it would be better, to just be able to hear normal breathing everytime.

Yeah....

I think there should be a balancing event, where for 2 or 3 weeks all items, add-ons, offerings (exept BP) and perks are banned from use. This way the Devs would be able to determine if killer X is too strong or if it is just perks etc they often use. Same goes for survivor. If the matches are balanced without survivors having all the 2nd chance perks, then the devs know where to nerf/buff. I would be happy to participate, if that means that we would get a better game for both sides.