Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I don't want pay to win but...

akbays35
akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123
edited December 2018 in General Discussions

can we make the dlc perks more substantial. I purchased all the dlc on PC, now playing on Xbox and I can't think of dlc with worthwhile perks both on killer and survivor side. I still am gonna buy the dlc again, but I wish the perks were overall more useful for Ace, Doc, Tapp, Kate, Pig, Quentin, and even Laurie. Still haven't gotten Jeff or Legion yet since Jeff's and Legions perks are so situational.

Comments

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464

You're asking for more attractive perks for paid content, that's P2W

• akbays35

@GraviteaUK said:
    You're asking for more attractive perks for paid content, that's P2W

I think they should just be on par with characters from the base set, the only dlc perks that are meta is ds but even I have beef with that perk Sole Survivor and Object of Obsession are very bad perks. Like Tapp and Kate pretty much have noob friendly map awareness perks and some garbage ones. On the Killer end Doc and Pig have some of the most useless perks in the game (overcharge and myc is decent but both are gimmicky). Quentin's only good perk is Pharmacy and that is considered a joke in the community, wake up is arguably the worst endgame perks in the game. Adam autodidact is almost as bad as No Mither and has the same design principle.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    edited December 2018

Yes some of the DLC killers have some of the most useless perks in the game but there is no killer that doesn't have 1 perk that is pretty niche or borderline useless.

Overcharge works for every killer and MYC makes The Hag a demon.

Surveillance was good on release but they ruined that one later on.

Let's also not forget Monitor And Abuse on Myers or Legion.

And every killer has at least 1-2 perks which are really good to use including the DLC ones.

And putting perks that are meta on DLC would still be P2W look at the daily arguments about DS would you really want another paid perk comparable to that one?

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

I'm sorry, no perks worth using from DLC?
    Here's ######### you are overlooking, and just off the top of my head

Killers:
    Spirit Fury (100% top tier perk for 'chaser' killers)
    BBQ and Chili
    Ruin
    Overcharge
    Huntress' Lullaby (still my favorite hex, but it needs it's 5th hook power changed)
    Discordance
    Bamboozle

Survivors:
    Stake out: Stronger then you think
    Tenacity
    Dance with me
    Lithe (put this with DWM for a super combo)
    ALL OF JEFF'S PERKS ESPECIALLY IF YOU PLAY SOLO
    Diversion

I wont mention DS, if you don't think that's strong... no help for you. and Object of Obsession is REALLY REALLY strong for swf groups.

• F5arTheB5ard
    F5arTheB5ard Member Posts: 118

Yes some of the DLC killers have some of the most useless perks in the game but there is no killer that doesn't have 1 perk that is pretty niche or borderline useless.

And every killer has at least 1-2 perks which are really good to use including the DLC ones.

And putting perks that are meta on DLC would still be P2W look at the daily arguments about DS would you really want another paid perk comparable to that one?

I'm curious how surveillance used to work? Started playing during the bbq summer event 
  • GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

@akbays35 said:
    Doc ... some of the most useless perks in the game

Hahahahha.

No.

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 356

Monitor and Abuse is one of the best perks in the game, and Overcharge and Overwhelming Presence have their usefulness as well. Pig's MYC is not gimmicky, it's awesome. BBQ and Chili from Leatherface is meta and he also has Franklin's Demise which is a great perk when everyone in your lobby has items. Ruin from Hag is also pretty much meta and Devour Hope is great if it lasts. Freddy has Blood Warden which can save your ass more often than you'd think. Clown's Bamboozle and Pop Goes the Weasel are both good. Spirit's Spirit Fury, Haunted Grounds, and Rancor are literally ALL great perks. Even Legion has good ones in Discordance and I think Mad Grit is pretty cool. Iron Maiden I'm not sure about but could be fun to play with. I don't know about survivor perks because I don't play survivor but the killer perks are definitely good and worth getting in the DLCs.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Well, all the dlcs have either perks for specific build you want to do for fun or perks that work really well at any time. Sure some perks are a bit lackluster in power such as fire up or surveillance but the other ones hold up pretty well even if they are situational 
  • Digwiid
    Digwiid Member Posts: 311
    edited December 2018

@GraviteaUK said:

Fake news; Surveillance has always been #########. Not sure what you've thought/heard but Surveillance has always been #########. Make Your Choice originally had a description which said something about messing up a skillcheck during the save, and failing that would give the exposed status effect, this was on BHVRs own page for a while, not sure if it's still there. Thank god that didn't happen.
    Edit: checked the page and it still says: "When a Survivor rescues another from a hook at least 24 meters away from the Killer, Make your Choice triggers and confronts the Survivor with a Skill Check. A failed Skill Check damages the rescuer."

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@akbays35 said:
    can we make the dlc perks more substantial. I purchased all the dlc on PC, now playing on Xbox and I can't think of dlc with worthwhile perks both on killer and survivor side. I still am gonna buy the dlc again, but I wish the perks were overall more useful for Ace, Doc, Tapp, Kate, Pig, Quentin, and even Laurie. Still haven't gotten Jeff or Legion yet since Jeff's and Legions perks are so situational.

Aftercare maybe the best survivor perk in the game. It is Bond, empathy and self care in one. Run it 10 games in a row unhook, be unhooked, heal teammates or be healed and tell me i'm wrong. You process more info, can double up gens, know what door to go to, know when a survivor is in chase and what to avoid etc...

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

Ladies, ladies!

You're ALL wrong. Overcharge is trash. If you can't it OC skill checks then you are genuinely bad.

• GodDamn_Angela

@No_Mither_No_Problem said:
    Ladies, ladies!

You're ALL wrong. Overcharge is trash. If you can't it OC skill checks then you are genuinely bad.

:'(

• No_Mither_No_Problem

@GodDamn_Angela said:

Ladies, ladies!

I mean they aren't a cakewalk but like

If you can hit great skill checks (which you should absolutely be able to) then you can hit Overcharge skill checks

• GodDamn_Angela
    edited December 2018

@GodDamn_Angela said:

Ladies, ladies!

If you can hit great skill checks (which you should absolutely be able to) then you can hit Overcharge skill checks

Yeah. I know lol.

I can hit Great Skill checks every so often, but for some reason, I always get shaken when I see OC and mess them it like 85% of the time.

But I know I'm bad, and I'm still learning so its whatever.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    edited December 2018

@GodDamn_Angela said:

@GodDamn_Angela said:

Ladies, ladies!

Yeah. I know lol.

I can hit Great Skill checks every so often, but for some reason, I always get shaken when I see OC and mess them it like 85% of the time.

But I know I'm bad, and I'm still learning so its whatever.

You know what makes me choke on Overcharge skill checks?

The speed of the needle. For some reason, it moves HELLA fast. At least at tier 3. I guess it was intentional, since it does definitely add to the challenge.

• akbays35
    edited December 2018

@scorpio said:
    Monitor and Abuse is one of the best perks in the game, and Overcharge and Overwhelming Presence have their usefulness as well. Pig's MYC is not gimmicky, it's awesome. BBQ and Chili from Leatherface is meta and he also has Franklin's Demise which is a great perk when everyone in your lobby has items. Ruin from Hag is also pretty much meta and Devour Hope is great if it lasts. Freddy has Blood Warden which can save your ass more often than you'd think. Clown's Bamboozle and Pop Goes the Weasel are both good. Spirit's Spirit Fury, Haunted Grounds, and Rancor are literally ALL great perks. Even Legion has good ones in Discordance and I think Mad Grit is pretty cool. Iron Maiden I'm not sure about but could be fun to play with. I don't know about survivor perks because I don't play survivor but the killer perks are definitely good and worth getting in the DLCs.

Most killer perks are worth it, it really is just Pig and some perks fairly subpar perks. With Killer is is kinda pay to get advantage. On survivor side it's the opposite, no dlc perk outside of DS and ds is weaker than deadhard and adrenaline. Sure everyone is going to defend dlc perks but they really are subpar I mean can you name one aura perk that is stronger than Leader or aura reading perk stronger than Empathy. I am going to buy all the dlc again, mostly because I do support BHVR and I love this game, but I might legit skip out on most of the teachables just because they don't improve my success of winning.

EDIT: Also I should clarify that I do have Doc/Feng and Hag/Ace since they are baseline on console.

• Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757

I think that DLC perks shouldn't appear on the Shrine of secrets, unless you already own the DLC.

• Pauliewogger
    Pauliewogger Member Posts: 17

@Vortexas said:
    I think that DLC perks shouldn't appear on the Shrine of secrets, unless you already own the DLC.

That is pretty much the only good thing about the Shrine of Secrets that makes DLC not too much of a P2W concept, I do think however they should charge extra shards for the perks from DLC if the player doesn't have the DLC yet.