Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

TTV

botrax
botrax Member Posts: 633

I know im not the only one who do that but im curious. How many of you open the stream when you have a ttv in your game. I only do that when im killer i dont watch the stream but i listen to the reaction of my gameplay. The one i like who are not toxic by toxic i mean their behavior i give them a follow if they can say gg im the emd game chat

Comments

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Never.

• BasementDweller
    BasementDweller Member Posts: 465

I usually check if they are streaming, if they are I'll mute their stream and minimize the tab. I'll re-open the tab after the match is done to say gg, after they are done streaming I usually watch the vod and skip to my match so I can listen to their reaction.

• SacrilegeGG
    SacrilegeGG Member Posts: 85

If I'm survivor, I'll rarely check them out as I'm probably busy doing challenges and stuff.

As killer, I'll load up their stream after the match has finished, but 99% of the time they weren't even streaming and haven't for months/ever. (Why add the TTV then???)

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Nope.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

I check in the lobby to see if they're streaming, and I'll watch the VOD afterwards out of curiosity to see how they felt about my gameplay and to see if there's anywhere I obviously ######### up from their perspective.

It's fairly instructive!

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

I check to see if they're live and but don't open there stream cause I don't wanna know what perks they're using but, usually after a game if I kill them or they escape or we're on the same team I usually go to there channel drop them a follow and give them 50 bits if they're affiliate.

But if they're jerks and just start talking trash because they lost fair and square than I don't bother giving support but, I do look at the vod and see what they were saying in the game.

• Introvertedvet
    Introvertedvet Member Posts: 47

My wife always does.

• botrax

Thanks for your take i should check the vod instead but i kinda like to see if they insult me live like that i know if i say gg in chat or not

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,221

Sometimes I'll watch the vod afterwards, and that's only when I'm on survivor. I don't see it as a big deal when there are ttvs in the lobby. They're doing their own thing, I'm doing mine.

• TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 599

While I understand they out the TTV in their name for advertising sake, they’re just asking to be stream sniped. I don’t do it, but I’m sure that there are people who do every time they see a TTV.

• BareChestedDavid
    BareChestedDavid Member Posts: 13

I leave the lobby. It’s not my thing.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I've had some pleasant viewings as killer actually, was complemented on a recent one. My last one was just 75% sexual innuendos about Oni and his Kanabo 🙄

As survivor, I've barely had any good games when a TTV player has been a survivor, killer always seems to paste them/us. As for TTV killers, Ive only faced a couple and they smashed us 😅

I like facing them unless they have Toxic in there name 😶

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003

I watch the VOD after the stream, but they're usually being rude toward me for no reason. It's crazy how people feel free to talk trash about other people like that, even though I can just go watch and see what they said.

However, I've only watched one VOD when I was the Killer in their game. I was playing Nurse and I got a 4k right at the end (it was clutch), and they insulted me to their friend and chat. I haven't watched a VOD as Killer since, couldn't care less about their opinions or reactions.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    edited October 2021

Watch the vod after the match

Like when you study after the exam,

Less likely to get kicked out than if you stream snipe

Or Study while you take the exam

I know this.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

I never thought about it honestly.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

Fair warning, that sequence of actions could be used as evidence of stream sniping even if that's not what you're doing - being on their watch list during the match, then commenting with the same name.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I did it once after a game because I didn't realize it was a TTV and played like my usual douche-y self. Like, they did not drop a pallet when they were on death hook. So I just shook my head "no" and swung at the pallet, left them slugged for awhile. I never do that with TTV because I do not like the thought of people watching me being cringe. Lol.

But during the leaderboard screen I realized I had one, and I felt embarrassed. So just a wittle peek... And to no ones surprise, she wasn't talking about me. Crisis averted.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

You are opening yourself up to that. It would be more polite to drop into chat after the match.

• Wynpri
    Wynpri Member Posts: 6

As someone who just started streaming and solo's, thank you 😥😂

• cannonballB
    cannonballB Member Posts: 387

Are there repercussions from stream sniping?

On topic - I dodge every TTV I see. I refuse to play. Doesn't matter the side.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    edited October 2021

I always check before the match to see if they're streaming, i want to know if i should save their stream link to watch myself play later or not so i don't waste my time after the match checking it. Its cool to see yourself on stream so i always check, but i never watch during the match because it completely defeats any aspect of fun constantly staring at another window just to get a slight edge. Thats stupid.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

I dodge when I get more than one TTV in my lobby because I know it's a toxic tryhard SWF. I used to watch VODs after games, but I stopped because most of the time they spend their time on stream talking about how bad I am or whatever, whether I'm winning or losing. It seems kind of dumb to do that cause maybe I would follow and subscribe otherwise. No wonder they're stuck at 1 viewer.

• str4wberryp
    str4wberryp Member Posts: 86
    edited October 2021

I always check if they're streaming, then i take a peek at their perks and if they don't have decisive strike, i tunnel them into oblivion.

Afterwards i watch the whole thing from their perspective and laugh my ass off.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,169

Nearly never, because then I don't get annoyed by potentially nasty comments.

I've looked back at 2: One was because I had an exceptionally bad match as Hillbilly and the TTV players allowed me an endgame sacrifice, which I tried to refuse but he was having none of it. He was quite chilled, and even though he said "This is not a good killer" he didn't act derogatory.

The second was a killer who played Wraith, who when 1 dc'd and another deliberately suicided on the hook, the Wraith proceeded to allow us remaining 2 to complete the gens and even stun him with pallets! At the end, the other survivor escaped, and although I opened my gate and could have escaped, I instead waited for the Wraith then waved him to follow me into the basement where I offered myself as a sacrifice to thank him for his fair play. The TTV streamer was really sweet in her understanding of what was happening, and she seemed touched when I offered the sacrifice: she said something like: "Aww, sweetie! Okay, WHACK! I'll give you a nice hook!"

• Mysticwarriormj
    Mysticwarriormj Member Posts: 95

I do and if i leave it open, even if i see where they are on their screen I avoid heading that way if i am already heading in a different direction. Also if they aren't arse holes I give them a courtesy follow.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

Yep, I pull it up see if there streaming and listen to the audio. Nothing else as I don't want to actually snipe them. (Ony phone of course).

I don't msg like gl or anything anymore. They can really be toxic sometimes. Though there are some good guys sometimes.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I WILL CHEAT AND OPEN THE STREAM FOR A COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE.

Jk, I don't really care. I only checked the channel after a match once when the person in question was being really salty in post-game chat.

• BadLooperQ
    BadLooperQ Member Posts: 277

I try to evade TTS as much as I can

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

If possible I watch the match via VOD afterwards because I always find it interesting to see my gameplay from another perspective. That's it really.

• BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968

Most of the time when I have a 'TTVer' in my lobby I try to open their stream and either they aren't streaming or their stream cannot be found. Although lowkey I do like watching the VOD back from killer matches to see how they/their team reacts to say, my huntress shots or oni flicks. The "YO DUDE #########" from an orbital huntress hatchet is a guilty pleasure.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,205

Some just don't exist. I'll get into a game with someone like Sugarb4b3.ttv (totally made up) and that name literally doesn't exist on Twitch.

??????

• botrax

Yeah i see this too i think its becaus ethey dont know how to write their own name XD