The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What kind of map location are you hoping for next?

A new map usually goes with a new killer. Where would you like those maps to be set? Here's mine:

Desert/Canyon: While I'm tired of forests, there's other outdoor environs that could be used. Somewhere set in the American Southwest--sand, beige boulders, scrub grass and cacti. Maybe it's a trailer park, or an open canyon.

Underground. Maybe a natural cave system, a subway station, or a mine.

Prison: Long, wide hallways and tight jail-cell cubbies.

City block. I like the two urban maps we have so far, but we don't have a tight urban environment with alleyways and shops and big buildings. Would need to nto be layed out like Haddenfield. Could have the aesthetic of a bombed out warzone, or an abandoned slum.

Comments

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543

abandoned village. simply rural village with house that were abandoned. hint: croatoan :D

Ship. Few layers, one inside one outside so you can see that around you is water and fog. Or hear.

• thisisnotathing
    thisisnotathing Member Posts: 4
    I'd love to see a more surrealist map. Some sort of HR Giger looking thing with us running around on what's obviously the outside of the Entity's immense lovecraftian epidermis. Hills, walls, pallets and even hooks would all be appendages, sections of skin, maws, etc.

The other surrealist map design I'd like would be the obligatory set  of stairwells, courtyards, etc.; that would seem to lead one place but actually end up in another.

Lastly I'd like to see a map with a hedge maze in an omage to The Shining. So that the devs don't get sued perhaps make any interior area look like a wrecked castle instead of an obviously a hotel.
  • ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

An underground/mine one could be dope, I'm all for that.

• ILOVEMYSUPERDOG114
    ILOVEMYSUPERDOG114 Member Posts: 45

a cementery i think is a very good map ;)

• kryscrossgamer
    kryscrossgamer Member Posts: 2
    Trenches like in world wars.
  • DepravedKiller
    DepravedKiller Member Posts: 182

Any of the above suggestions would be neat but i just wish they add more immersive sounds to the current maps, i wouldn't mind getting a jump scare every now and then while walking around the map

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

You've got some great ideas! The cemetery is particularly nice. Perhaps combine that with underground and make catacombs? Bodies/tombs all over! Definitely something they should look into for the future killers (more ghosts, please!)

• scoobydoomh
    scoobydoomh Member Posts: 47

@Coriander said:
    You've got some great ideas! The cemetery is particularly nice. Perhaps combine that with underground and make catacombs? Bodies/tombs all over! Definitely something they should look into for the future killers (more ghosts, please!)

It would be so cool if they added the Paris Catacombs as a map.

• artemis
    artemis Member Posts: 2

I would be interested in a full sized carnival map. Something like the small area of Father Campbell's Chapel except the entire map is that with rides that get activated or something by completing gens.

• Sehkmet
    Sehkmet Member Posts: 127

i just made a post about a big fancy mansion :)

• Noxerias
    Noxerias Member Posts: 93
    edited June 2018
    For the desert/canyon I think a western ghost town would fit in quite well with the color pallet of the map looking yellow or a rusty red. It could even have an abandoned gold mine!

I'd also like to see another watery based map that's not the swamp. Perhaps like a beach, harbor, or coast.

Finally, another snow map. Even though the Hospital does have snow, it would be nice to see another variant of the hospital, and/or another boreal map (Mother's Dwelling) with more snow in it!