Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Give killers 5 perks!!!

BingBong23
BingBong23 Applicant, Member Posts: 4
edited October 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I don't think there is much to be said.

Constant swfs , boon totems that can be reactivated and killer can't break a totem permanently to prevent reactivation of boon, same meta perks on survivors every game at high mmr, tool boxes and med kits every game, a million pallets every game, subtle hackers, horrible hex spawns and survivors spawning next to hex totems and they get cleansed 10 seconds into the game leaving you with basically 3 perks, jungle gyms leading into to shack causing super strong looping, etc.

Comments

• Nayru
    Nayru Member Posts: 567

i'm surprised you didn't bring up killer perk nerfs or their often severe condition requirements

but ye i've wanted 5-perk killers ever since they made iron will trump stridor, if so much of 16 is going to out-prioritize 4 then well..

• nikodemo
    nikodemo Member Posts: 773

I agree. There are many perk combinations I'd like to play with, but many killers need gen regression to even begin to play the game, thus limiting my options.

• Voodoo101
    Voodoo101 Member Posts: 237

Sorry, I am a low level killer, only been playing killer for a week, but I have to disagree. Yes there are times when you lose some games because of well organised teams, but a lot of games I can get 2, 3 or even 4 kills with 4 perks. To give 5 perks would make a lot of survivors no chance. This game can already be so one sided with perks for either killers or survivors.

• Nayru

a 5th perk won't change anything when the laurie drags the level 2 still undetectable ghostface down to the subfloor hook on purgation with you just about to finish creating a shadowstep blue totem so the hooked person and you can get out without the ghostface having a chance in hell of figuring out what happened, gets clapped and then completely blocks the hook hitbox with 'heal' prompts, resulting in you taking a hit, rest of the team coming to hookbomb, someone getting grabbed off hook as hooked person hits 2nd stage and ultimately getting 4k'd as said ghostface camps the last guy on the ground due to that one hook being broken and watches them bleed out

if you can't play the game, you can't play the game

period

• Sustina
    Sustina Member Posts: 46

Agreed

• CrimsonMothKing
    CrimsonMothKing Member Posts: 414

Honestly, give killers a 5th perk could open up a lot more variety in perk builds to bring. Not only could it even out the 4 perks vs 16 perks just a little bit, but I think it could be really fun.

And to be honest, that's what I think DBD needs more of. More fun. Having a 5th perk could open up that avenue for more fun playstyles.

• Voodoo101
    Voodoo101 Member Posts: 237

Seriously wonder about the mentality of some people. I just played as a survivor against the worst killer ever, who managed to end up getting a 3K and people say it survivor sided.

I play killer and survivor, some games I get beat by a team of survivors who play well, sometimes I get 3 or 4 kills. Sometimes I am a survivor and I had a great team and we escape, sometimes it feels like I am doing everything to try and save them. It is the nature of the game, you can't win every game. If you are losing lots of games then stop blaming the game for being one sided or the other, look at your own talents, watch some video's. see how you can improve.

If you are a killer and cannot get wins on at least 50% of games, look to another killer or think whether the perks you are actually using can make a difference.

I have friends that play survivor that call the game killer sided and I have friends that play killer that say it is survivor sided.

• IrishRedCap
    IrishRedCap Member Posts: 153

I would honestly rather see a 5th permanent perk for each killer depending on their lore/power. Examples like so below.

Hag: Being well versed in ancient spells and evils the Hag can curse a dull totem with a hex that has been removed from the game (cursing takes 3 seconds and alerts survivors to its general location)

Pig: Knowledge of mechanics changes a generators aura from red to yellow when the generator reaches 90% completion. (so pig players know when to put a trap on a down without being a free tinkerer)

Demogorgon: Driven by its instincts to hunt and feed the Demogorgon enters bloodlust tier 1, 1 second faster than other killers while in chase.

etc etc.

• Nayru

i appreciate the enthusiasm

however

'-1 sec bloodlust tier 1' is not a perk, not even remotely a perk

a bloodlust perk would cut 5 seconds off every single tier of bloodlust

there is also an utter galaxy of difference between '-1 second off tier 1 bloodlust' and 'bring ruin/devour back into the game', it defies explanation

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764

At least would help a bit vs op swf and solo rush ers.

• IrishRedCap

Well just some ideas would definitely need adjusting per killer. Didnt want to come out with anything super OP that survivor mains wouldn't even consider. I just feel adding a choosable 5th perk would receive a lot of pushback. A secondary power boost perk would make each killer feel a bit more unique.

Hag in particular, being one of the slower killers, having to not only find a totem but alert survivors of where she did it would be a neat mechanic.

• Nayru

everything ever has pushback particularly on this forum

people even find ways to talk down bp increases, the literal one thing everyone has a vested personal interest in

ultimately there's a right thing to do in a given circumstance, and no amount of complaining makes it the wrong thing

• IrishRedCap

Thought up a different power curious of your opinion.

Trapper: Years in the trials have made the Trapper even more cunning and sinister. Allows the Trapper to place 1 trap (at a time) into a unrepaired generator. When a survivor interacts with the trapped generator they let out a scream revealing their location and are presented with a difficult skill check (like DS). If the survivor succeeds the skill check they are free to leave the gen, if they fail they must struggle as if they were trapped normally or have another survivor assist them out of the trap. Once the trap has been activated or the generator is completed the trap spawns on the ground next to the generator for Trapper to retrieve.

• Nayru

is that a permanent passive option? what about that dumb new addon that has you unable to pick up traps

• IrishRedCap

yep permanent passive. could work even with new iri addon, it would just leave the generator trapped and require it to be reset like any other trap. If it gets completed welp then Trapper just out of luck. Keeps a nice balance in being oppressive but not over powered.

• Nayru

i guess, kind of weird though to fit a bear trap into a big engine and then also have that go off on survivors that don't stick their hands in its internals

trapper in general is pretty big on losing gens setting up places so similarly a little odd there, do you immediately get injured touching the gen and that's that?

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

I just want to be able to play without having to run gen regression or disruption. But if you don't and you don't play perfectly, you get 3 gens popped in a minute and 30 seconds.

It's rough, especially with Survivor spawns and map sizes.

• BingBong23
    BingBong23 Applicant, Member Posts: 4

This. There's literally so many fun perk combinations i want to try, but if im not running some gen regression perks then it's game over. The only ones that can decently keep up with no gen regression perks are blight, spirit, nurse, hag kinda, because of how much map control they can have by getting to places quickly, but im not trying to play those 4 killers constantly and even then I still find myself running some gen regression perk or perks with those killers after playing 2 games without them because of the consistent gen rush at high mmr.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

It would be good if the killers had 5 perks, we should demand it after the developers do not care about the killers and focus only on the survivors, on the side where you play as a team.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,203

In general, killer perks are stronger than survivor perks. That's why it's 4 perks vs. 16.

That said, I'd be on board with 5 killer perks if some of the stronger killer perks were nerfed. It would give more freedom to your perk builds, and allow killers more leeway in tackling different situations, which they need to do in a 4v1 setting.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

I would like that as survivor also. Killer should be the power role not the opposite. Now at high MMR even as solo survivor many games feels too easy and I feel no respect for the killer, unless I face a very good one.

• TheDuhJ
    TheDuhJ Member Posts: 475

I have suggested that Killers should get all their teachables at base +4 and survivors get 1 of their teachables at base +4

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

I always thought killers should get that extra perk slot.

Definitely would open up more interesting combos and games as a result.

You could have that all important regression perk and still run some chase combo.

• YuisPinkBob
    YuisPinkBob Member Posts: 353

Uh no. Killers do not need 5 perks.

• SeannyD115
    SeannyD115 Member Posts: 583
  • R1ch4rd_N1x0n
    R1ch4rd_N1x0n Member Posts: 1,731

Then give 5 perks to survivors.

• tesla
    tesla Member Posts: 446
  • Tekno_Badger
    Tekno_Badger Member Posts: 526

I'm a killer main, and this would help with balancing, but it's just going to make the meta more stale and boring than ever. Just nerf gen speeds and slowdown perks and buff all the basic M1 killers, tada, less slowdown dependence and more variety in the meta

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited November 2021

If all 5 perk slots are hex perks and one of them is Haunted Ground, then there won't be enough totems.

• 6 totems?
    • 4 hex perks max?
    • Cannot equip Haunted Ground if 4 other hex perks are equipped?
    • Haunted Ground only affects 1 totem instead of 2 in that case? (What happens when there's Haunted Ground and Undying?)