Boon Totem Blue Glare

Imo the blue glare around the edge of the screen when in the aoe of a Boon Totem as survivor is too bright and covers too much of the screen and is quite annoying. I think it should be dimmed and contained closer to the edges. Or just removed, the buff icon plus the audio is enough to let the player know they are in range.

Comments

• starfoxcruiser
    starfoxcruiser Member Posts: 3

yes! 100% agree

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 1,000

I think they could just stick with the blue floating particles in the area.

I think it's meant to also be a bit of a hindrance though.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

Moreover, the sound is also disturbing too. Hope volume to be more lower.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,159

It makes the framerate worse on the Switch. It sometimes worsens PS4 performance a bit. And yeah, it is a hindrance: it's bad on its own, and it's absolutely awful when it's paired with a killer effect like Plague's sickness.

• nikodemo
    nikodemo Member Posts: 774

it's a bit excessive, yeah. tone it down, or just remove it and leave the blue floaty orbs. they're probably enough.

also, the constant ringing hum of the boon totem is also annoying as surv. not really needed either.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

I agree, it makes everything too blue.

• eisenbuns
    eisenbuns Member Posts: 102

I agree, it lowers the performance of my game and also sincerely impacts my ability to see the map at all. Without an aura-reading perk I have trouble seeing where pallets/vaults/environmental obstacles are with the blue effect.

• Blumenkind
    Blumenkind Member Posts: 12

Same here. This blue light effect is strongly annoying and hindering my view. It doesnt fit into the horror atmosphere either. Dont know what your Design Artist thinking of sometimes. Often less is more....

• DaddyFatSacks420
    DaddyFatSacks420 Member Posts: 183

The blue particle effects are cool, but the blue fog around the edges of the screen is just a bit too intense. Can’t help but feel like I’ve been opening my eyes underwater in a highly chlorinated pool. I will say I have gotten a bit more used to it over time