Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

DBD is unplayable with no DC penalty

In at least 50% of solo Q games, I see at least one DC at the very start of the game, or once someone is downed for the first time. There needs to be a DC penalty; the game is unplayable in solo queue without it.

Comments

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Had 2 DC against me as killer. Annoying because I was doing a hook challenge and losing 2 players ruined my chances of doing it in one game. Its happening alot atm

• Waldbeere
    Waldbeere Member Posts: 168

It's good to see again why we need a dc penality 🙂.

• Tedk
    Tedk Member Posts: 11

I agree with this, all of my adept killers which have I have been grinding for seem to be met with at least on dc which is clearly unfair and the penalty should come back and be worse. Maybe a bloodpoint penalty etc.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,892

You see this is why we need a version of the game where we can keep dc penalties off because of the hacker problem but people dont pity dc. Yes im looking at you little cry babies that dc when your dh doesnt work out or cant get deliverance

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

Wow it's almost like dbd used to not have a DC penalty at all and people played it just as well.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

No one seems to DC in my games, both as killer and survivor.

• Cauka
    Cauka Member Posts: 9

I prefer DC when the game is lost (proxy camp/tunneller/camp killer, scared survivor).

I DC because the game is just not fun. When the games are always the same. It's necessary to just DC or AFK and go to a next game.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    edited October 2021

Of course it is and DC bans should be longer. But right now it must be turned off until they fix the problems.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Not until crashing and script kiddies have been dealt with.

I don't like playing against script kiddies and right now there are a lot.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786
    edited October 2021

The game is more playable with no dc penalty then with the penalty

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

(Once the crashes are fixed and the dc penalty is re-enabled) the dc penalty should disable 10 seconds after the End Game Countdown has finished, so that hackers cannot take the game hostage indefinietly and force the killer to disconnect and take a penalty.

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526

Queue time low for Killers, if you don't like the map just dc, takes like a minute to get in another and its not like you forget how to run the loops, the map just isn't fun.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

Why are penalties still off now they did the killswitch? The infinite loading screens won't give you a penalty anyway.

Solo Queue is like anarchy again, which ruins the whole event.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    edited November 2021

Sigh.

A few things:

• Nobody is forcing you to DC. If you really want out of the game, just suicide. DCing is extremely BM to killers as it denies us BP, challenges, adepts etc.
    • Wraiths tunnel now. They have to. The risk of CoH (which basically hard-counters Wraith) necessitates killing one survivor ASAP.
    • Tunneling is not toxic. Bring DS if it's happening to you a lot.
    • If you are getting tunneled multiple games in a row, you are either absurdly unlucky or are doing something to annoy the killer.
    • The DC penalty in this game is an absolute joke. It's barely a tickle on the wrist. 15 minutes isn't even an episode of Archer.
    • I get maybe 1 DC every 3 or 4 games and it's always right when I first down/hook someone. Clearly the DC penalty isn't harsh enough.
    Post edited by Mandy on
This discussion has been closed.