Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Here is a Dead hard fix that would be fair for both sides

BenZ0
BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
edited October 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I am someone who loves abilities or perks that push skill or smart plays from the Players. If you look at Dead hard alone then you would say "yes dead hard is actually fine" because it is a high risk and high reward perk.

If you time dead hard well with your own experience and skills you can pull of very satisfying plays which are very rewarding, also we all know our favorite dead hard moments when it doesnt work and you are exhausted on the ground and you scream at your screen "I AM EXHAUSTED".

However if you look now at dead hard from the Killers persective on a higher skill level, it doesnt has the role of a "high risk and high reward" perk. It more has the role of an chase and life extender which makes sense right? The better the players get the better they will use what is up for them against their opponent.

What I want to say is that Dead hard is outdated and needs to be adjusted in a way without hurting the way it works but also make this perk more fair towards the lower end of the Killers but without making it too weak against stronger Killers.

We all know that Dead hard is the strongest perk in the game when timed right, which is imo fair against our top 3 Killers but NOT against the lower end of Killers. You really see that when you play Killers like Doctor, Clown or any other lower tier Killer.

One of the reasons WHY the lower tier Killers are so "bad" is BECAUSE dead hard is the way it is and ofc one of the most used perks therefore which counters Killers like a well timed Doctor shock or a nice Clown bottle completely which can extend chases by the twice amount.

My suggestion:

Make Dead hard only avoid M1 OR any other weapon attack ability. That means you can avoid Blight lethal hits, Oni club hits etc but NOT doctor shocks, huntress hatchets, clown bottle gas, trapper traps etc.

Also to compensate that drastic change increase the dash distance by extra 30% further to also give dead hard a second role of a mini sprint burst for newer players or console players.

*Edit: Maybe down to 20% since some ppl do have a point with the distance.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments