The Legion Changes I Want To See

Options

The Legion

The Legion has struggled ever since their initial release. So I feel some changes have to be made to their power to make them feel more threatening and more enjoyable to play.

The first thing I feel should be looked at is the base Feral Frenzy speed. 5.2m/s was always too little to effectively get chain stabs especially at higher MMR. Let's increase his speed during Feral Frenzy. With this change, the Legion will be more encouraged to spread damage across the board which was always the intention, and this will also weaken the "hold W" meta forcing survivors to actually split up against them.

• Increase Feral Frenzy speed to 6.0m/s.

Next, let's look at the consequences of using Feral Frenzy. I feel that their power is currently too punishing. 4 seconds is a wildly long stun for a nonlethal power. The base fatigue should be reduced, and random power gauge penalties should be removed as they are no longer necessary.

• Picking up a survivor during Feral Frenzy should not deplete the power gauge.
  • Successful Basic Attacks should not deplete the power gauge.
  • Missing an attack during Feral Frenzy should still end the power, however, it should not deplete the power gauge.
  • Base fatigue should be 3 seconds.
  • Feral Frenzy should begin recharging the moment you enter fatigue.

With these changes, the Legion will be able to weave their power into other aspects of the killer role. A Feral Frenzy is no longer just a slowdown tool, but also a tool to save time. For example, if you down a survivor that vaults a window you can quickly enter Feral Frenzy to vault the window at a faster speed then pick up the survivor with no penalty to your power. Another example would be if you spot a group of survivors just after downing your original target you can immediately enter Feral Frenzy to wound them all then return to the dying survivor with zero power gauge penalty. It's small but it would really make you feel like the agile teenager you're supposed to be.

New mechanic

Breakable Walls have been introduced to the game and currently, they feel pretty underwhelming. It feels really bad to come to a full stop and have to break a wall with Feral Frenzy. This new change should make you feel powerful in your Feral Frenzy.

• The Legion should be able to bash through breakable walls during Feral Frenzy without interrupting their speed.

QoL Changes

A couple of changes here and there to make Legion feel better to use.

• The Legion should be able to queue vaults from further away during Feral Frenzy.
  • Fatigue VFX should be reduced.
  • There should be a visual and auditory cue when Feral Frenzy has 2 seconds remaining.

Conclusion

I hope you like these changes. I have many hours on Legion and have been longing for a change. Please upvote if you liked it or if I missed something that you want to be changed, please leave a comment. Maybe the devs will consider these changes for the upcoming legion update :)

Comments

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    edited October 2021
    Options

changes above would be nice, fatigue for missing should be 4s imo, 3s when you cancel your power. So you have option to just cancel, or try to lunge to block.

I don't think destroying breakable walls with power fits to the Legion theme, but he has Iri button, where he destroyes pallets while in power, so it might work. Would be cool af tho.

"There should be a visual and auditory cue when Feral Frenzy has 2 seconds remaining."

I think this one is kinda pointless, it will just annoy your screen, you will have to watch your power anyway for last second lunge.

• Toxic530
    Toxic530 Member Posts: 39
    Options

Dude amen legion has been my favorite since he came out but since they nerfed his power which was probably necessary because he was really OP. At the same time though they really just made him a basic attack killer because it's almost a waste of time to try to actually make use of his power and can end up coating you the game. I also would I think it's dumb that the bleed out bar doesn't drain while in the terror radius of the killer.

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698
    Options

fatigue for missing should be 4s imo, 3s when you cancel your power. So you have option to just cancel, or try to lunge to block.

I thought about this, but honestly, I think it would just be unnecessary fluff to fatigue. It wouldn't really be a big deal if this were the case, but it doesn't really need to be there either.

I don't think destroying breakable walls with power fits to the Legion theme, but he has Iri button, where he destroyes pallets while in power, so it might work. Would be cool af tho.

I think it fits. When you think about it, Breakable Walls are the only interactable object that hinders legion while chasing a survivor in Feral Frenzy. It feels sort of weird to vault a window, then a pallet, then have to stop dead just to kick a flimsy wall. Plus like you said, it would be cool af.

• Dino7281
    Options

Change I would also like to see is, make Frenzy based on fixed range, not TR. So perks like Hysteria and Tinkerer works for Legion.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

These are good ideas that would really make legion feel a lot more fluid.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,991
    Options

If Legion ever gets buffed, this is a good example of what should be done. Don't rework them completely, just buff them and make them more interesting, like this take on a Legion buff.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,013
    Options

I like the majority of these changes, like, a lot. Not a particular fan of the wall-bashing idea, nor making missed attacks less punishing, but overall this would be basically what I want to see changed for the killer.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. So many people try to give Legion a crazy rework with more rewards for chaining hits or leaning more on their lore but they don't actually need that. They are a very fun Killer who just needs some minor uptime buffs. This is almost exactly my wishlist for Legion changes. The main one you've added is them going through breakable walls like the Koolaid Man while Frenzying and honestly I love that.

Using Frenzy through a wall on The Game to scare a Survivor on a nearby Gen would be so fun.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,659
    edited October 2021
    Options

I think the idea many people have with Legion getting less punished for misses is a matter of risk and reward.

Billy misses and gets a 3 sec cooldown. Same with Bubba whose power is both lethal and 1.5 secs - 3.5 cooldown.

Combine this with the fact that the above examples are Lethal and incur less recovery. (12 seconds on Bubba if you need all 3 charges WITHOUT add-ons, and 15 secs if you completely overheat your saw as Billy).

Compare this to Legion. Sure, there's less counterplay but it can't kill you (add-ons aside). There's no real immediate danger from it. Despite this, the power incurs a brutal 4 sec fatigue and 20 sec recovery in its current state. He's punished so much more despite his reward being so much less.

Post edited by GrimReaperJr1232 on
  • Dino7281
    Options

"it can't kill you (add-ons aside)"

It could be fixed by having normal fatigue (4s), when you hit survivor in deep wound.

I am not sure about missed attacks, I would keep it 4s too, so you have option cancel, or lunge to block survivor, but cancel should be definetly lower.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981
    Options

I always felt that Legions playstyl punished them for playing the game (losing power on basic attacks) or using their power (4 seconds stun) or it just not rewarded them (hitting a wounded survivor oh joy).

This is a problem in my opinion that needs to change. It should feel rewarding to get hits (like Oni who filles a chunk of his bar for a hit) or using you power also skillful plays should be rewarded.

As such first of all I support you suggestion that the basic attack penalty has to go and that you should get less fatique for canceling your own power. I would however add an effect when you hit a wounded survivor again with you power like applying a penalty after healing like "Scourge Hooks: Gift of Pain does" or inflicting the "Broken" status when you hit a survivor with deep wounds.

Would that add much power to Legion? Probably not. But at least now you can reap a reward for hitting the survivor again and not just "oh deep wounds. Anyway here is your Deceisive Strike to go.".

Overall I like your idea very much and hope some dev sees it and supports it.

• Dino7281
    Options

I mean, we don't really wanna Legion to become S tier killer from this. We just want him to perform well even against better survivors and some QoL changes.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

This idea would be great to see for Legion changes.

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698
    Options

Yep, that’s the idea. Legion doesn’t need any more additional slowdown with his power. :)

thank you! :)

• Szarman
    Szarman Member Posts: 246
    Options

Great ideas! I would really like to see them in game! :D