Guess Survivors aren't the only one toxic in end-game chat

HommeBizarre
HommeBizarre Member Posts: 410
edited October 2021 in General Discussions

Btw, yeah the killer was pretty good in placing bear traps, so most of the time I ended up running into them.

Still, I don't want to hear killers complaining in end-game chat anymore, cuz they don't know how to behave as well

Comments

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

both sides can be toxic, that's why I mostly have my chats on friends only.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Most killers don't say anything unless the game really really screwed them over. If they do complain it is usually about the game or developers and not the survivor player themselves.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

Lol of course killers are toxic too and nearly everybody knows it, they just like complaining about survivors doing it more because simple math dictates you will hear it more from the higher ratio of players.

I wouldn't even be able to post up the greatest hits I've received over the years because I'd have to redact half of it or likely get a forum ban, and the hilarious thing is, I am one of those chill players least likely to 'Deserve It' which is the excuse a lot of people use when you tell them survivors get it too.

• Karma_Susui
    Karma_Susui Member Posts: 17

Seriously I don't understand why people are like this. It's just a game. Just say gg and move on with your life. They act like they're so good (and maybe they are) but there will always be someone better then them.

• botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633

Lol he got cocky because he 4k when you guys choose the map with a trapper with only 2 tier 3 perk. Im sure if you did not pick the map he would have never talk

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Meanwhile if they lose, I told them what were their crucial mistakes, without it they could win.

Manytimes one side lose because of a single fail decision, not even skill involved.

• Viamont
    Viamont Member Posts: 304

Irelevant tittle, both sides can be tremendously toxic. As many have already said it, its the player, not the role they are playing.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    edited October 2021

And it is not easy to argue alone against 4 people.

I got quite a few killers banned from psn because they sent me some juicy messages lol. I don't even bm unless someone bm's me btw as a killer or survivor.

I would never fall for a trap that playing a certain role suddenly makes you a saint and not just human like everyone else.

• SavouryRain
    SavouryRain Member Posts: 340

I'm glad that I'm on XSX; it's very rare that I get messages anymore.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

As others have pointed out already, it's not the role that's toxic -- it's the person behind the keyboard/controller.

I played a solo survivor round yesterday against a Pig on The Game (running the TT/COG combo. The match went pretty well -- I finished two gens solo, lit up a Boon totem for a protected area, and dodged the Pig in at least one chase. Someone on the team -- who had a "YT" designation in their name (but no sign of a channel afterwards, lol) -- got the brunt of the aggression of the killer, getting hooked twice and having an active trap when I popped the last gen. I 99'ed an exit gate, saw they were down but not getting hooked, and I went back to help (even though, as a solo, many people, if not most, are leaving at that point). After watching them get picked up by someone else and downed again, the other solo player pulled the Pig away, I jumped downstairs and picked up this person, and they scrambled to get their trap off (which they did). I unhooked the other solo player, we all scrambled to the OTHER exit (not the one I'd 99'ed) which had not been prepped (it was at 80% or so). The YT guy got downed again, despite the team's efforts to body block, I finished opening the door, that person died, and the rest of us escaped.

I'm on console (PS5), and my messages are turned off, so when I got a friend request from the YT guy, I guessed it was going to be to thank me for not abandoning him, for picking him up at the end, and trying to take hits to save them at the door. He wanted me to join a voice chat (with someone who was apparently his teammate) -- I guessed that they might have wanted to add a 3rd to their party. I'm very hesitant to join in with people I don't know, so I didn't do so -- but he started sending voice messages through the PS App instead.

When I listened to them, I had to shake my head. There were numerous messages yelling at me for not having the gate 99'ed, being too stupid to play the game correctly, that I must be a Rank 20, I shouldn't bother playing, and that I should just uninstall. 🤣🤦‍♂️

After a good laugh, I typed back that I HAD 99'ed the OTHER exit gate, that I could have easily left but came back to help, and that whatever mistakes were made with the gate we ended up at, he was barking up the wrong tree. That was followed by another message of him stammering, backpedaling, sort-of-apologizing, and blaming the other solo for being an "idiot". My last message to them before unfriending and blocking them was to tell them that not only was I nominally a Rank 1 survivor and killer and not a "Rank 20" by any stretch, but next time he should think twice before messaging someone to berate them without knowing what he was talking about -- or maybe think twice and don't message anyone at ALL, and that maybe he should remember that, at the end of the day, it's just a GAME, and not a real life-or-death situation.

Some people just don't get that last part, though, and that's what's the sad thing.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I get postgame salt more often from survivors, but when I get it from killers it's usually a lot nastier. So I guess that balances it out?

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

Wait, I play both killer and survivor. Which one am I grouped with? Am I a killer? Am I a survivor? Which toxic side am I???

Anyone who's not toxic in end game chat is allowed to complain. People play both sides, and people are the ones who can be toxic. Grouping everyone together in this game isn't helpful or constructive.

End game chat is a terrible place, I don't understand why some people want it brought to consoles. 99% of the time it's mentioned on these forums, it's for negative reasons.

• ChiSoxFan11

Agree completely with the last statement. End game chat could be eliminated entirely, and the game wouldn't suffer in the slightest. I'm thankful to be on console where it's not a thing, and if the devs ever waste their time implementing it there (time that could be better served doing ANYTHING else to improve game health), there better be an easy way to turn it off beforehand.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

See when I was on ps4 the idea of postgame chat sounded horrific since I had to turn off my messages there and I assumed it would be that but worse, but although there is plenty of salt and stuff it's nice to be able to chat to the more sane teammates + opponents about the match afterwards. If the chat was always or even mostly horrible I would've just minimised it permanently long ago.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

There is toxicity on both sides, but I rarely see it from killers.

I have to wonder what happened before this. Was someone teabagging and flashing them during the game?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

Why is it always "Those evil Survivors!!!111" but whenever a Killer decides to act like #########, something must have happened before?

There are bad people on both sides. This Killer was one of them.

• ChiSoxFan11

I can see your point. Usually, the only people I communicate with over the PS App are people I reach out to myself, usually after someone has played really well against me, thanking someone after they've given me a mercy hatch or escape or farmed after a DC, or the like. The people I SWF as a survivor I met, ironically enough, after going against them as killer.

In one of my first weeks playing the game, I was told to kill myself and uninstall (not sure in which order, lol) after I didn't go down into the basement of The Game map against an Insidious Bubba (my friend was on a hook and told me what was happening) to save someone else (I waited it out and escaped during hatch). Being new to online gaming, I asked my friend what was wrong with people -- he told me I either had to get used to it or turn off my messages. At my age, I'm too old for that type of juvenile stuff, so it was an easy choice.

It would be nice to have pleasant interactions with the people you play with after matches, but the people who can't do that ruin everything for everyone else.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Agreed. But this isn't general gloating. This is a personal vendetta against 1 survivor. Which suggests to me that something must have happened before.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

Sure? Everyone is toxic

I've gotten quite a few spicy messages for using flashlights before

• Voodoo101
    Voodoo101 Member Posts: 237

There are different types of chat at the end of the game.

1. GGs all round - When players play well, somebody gets beat but all praise the good playing.
    2. Angry talk - Lets be honest, we have all met the killer that hooks somebody and stands in front, because they can't play and it's the only way they can get kills. Or the survivor team with flashlights that find it more fun just to keep blinding the killer then do gens.
    3. Toxic talk - This is when you have been beat, normally because you are bad at the game, but think you are good.

If you see toxic talk just ignore it. Say gg and move on. If they can't learn to play then they will be the same the next match, and the next one and so on, until they move on to something else.

• cantelope
    cantelope Applicant Posts: 343

People do say that, all the time. I've seen countless threads over the last three years I've played saying every combination of X and Y you can imagine.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I disown him, clearly a survivor main playing killer. /s

I do not complain about end game chat. Cringe players crying does nothing to me. And usually after I troll them for a bit, they start to gain enough awareness to realize it which is the biggest surprise to me.