Game became simply unplayable as a killer

Options
JohnWeak
JohnWeak Member Posts: 854
edited October 2021 in General Discussions

Impossible to have fun anymore in the current state, survivors are way too strong now.

Boon totems are so much game breaking, it's clearly 100% impossible to win against good survivors no matter how good you are.

Only awesome nurse players have a chance now, even Blight is weak as #########.

Ruin/Undying/Devour Hope are now tier F perks, they are cleansed in less than 1 minute in every ######### trials.

Honestly BHVR, you clearly don't know what you are doing with this game.

Comments

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Why not nerf both?

• Wraff
    Wraff Member Posts: 139
    edited October 2021
    Options

Was 1.9.2 the 'quality of life' update to Flashlight and pallet saves that they had to immediatly revert a week later? Because that was a big oof.

• JohnWeak
    Options

Yup but continuing to play the game give them visibility and encourage them to bring more crap.

And i honestly don't want to do this they don't deserve to have so many players.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Yes it was. I will never let bhvr forget that decision in the hope that they dont repeat it. I believe in learning from history, not pretending it didnt happen.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    Options

Nurse should be an actual nurse, who heals the suvivors, and tries to keep them alive

Pig is an actual pig, who the survivors can kill if they want.

Make the twins a giant victor who pops out a tiny charlotte. No reason, but this would be funni

• Rancid_Discharge
    Rancid_Discharge Applicant Posts: 193
    Options

I'm not a huge fan of the way you worded this but I agree with the message

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,990
    Options

Is maith liom dúshlán (I like a challenge)

• JohnWeak
    edited October 2021
    Options

Playing killer in DbD is like going to fight a military army of 20000 soldiers with a Q-Tips.

• FreddysMain
    FreddysMain Member Posts: 289
    Options

I have been having bad games as Freddy not because of his bug but against very sweaty survivors I just have not been having fun at all. although people can play how they want I guess I just got to stick with it and hope things will only get better. I have good games and bad games now but been playing survivor a lot now than I ever did before.

• staffilokokk
    staffilokokk Member Posts: 17
    Options

You know what, for long time i play i frustrated that much i even visit forum , i just cant win, im playing killer all the time since i brough dbd many years ago, i faced many problems, but its was okay, because game somehow were balanced for both sides, i mean broken for both sides, and now i just cant win, im trying my best, im downing fast, but while im downing or chasing someone, 3 other people is on 3 other gens and is on other side of the map, and im a trickster dude, all healed and good, they are can goof around, cant stand a chase for a half a minute, im stil losing, i dont know what am i doing wrong, but its just happens, im playing this game as i usually do, playing it fairly for everyone and fun for me, but now i should sweat my ass off to get 4k? Im not frustrating about surviors doing what they are supposed to do, gens i mean, im frustrated about fact that impossible for me to win, and im doing my best every game, is it healing time is a little to much or something? Im feeling like im winning now only agains absolutely pepegs

• JohnWeak
    Options

I feel you. Everything is broken.

• healing is too fast, especially with the new boon totems
    • too many pallets/windows
    • survivors spreading to do gens = OP you cannot do much against it
    • some maps are too big, others have too many jungle gyms
    • items are too strong

DbD design is globally terrible in the today standards. I don't even understand how the game is still alive after all those failings while Evolve, an asymmetrical game that did everything better, died in 2 years only...

• EvilJoshy
    Options

If turtle rock had launched the game at stage 2, i feel evolve would have been a success. But noooooo. They just had to charge us $2 for a blue gun.

• TheDuhJ
    TheDuhJ Member Posts: 475
    Options

No I didn't read all the comments, probably should link them anyway.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,096
    Options

This is what leads to triple and quadruple reposts of arguments.

I personally feel like making a fool of myself if I post an argument that has been said, maybe countered and/or already further elaborated on a lot. So i even read through thread with 6 or 7 pages.

• shane32
    shane32 Member Posts: 383
    Options

I had so much fun yesterday! I think i managed to get one kill cause I camped the ######### out of this guy. Every other game they all just get away. Soooooo fun.

• deadbyknightfall
    deadbyknightfall Member Posts: 37
    Options

i sill remember the mori nerf out of no where that was so bs that it didnt roll out with a key nerf

• YuisPinkBob
    YuisPinkBob Member Posts: 353
    Options

You're overexaggerating. Killer is definitely not unplayable. Maybe you just need practice if boon totems are losing you the game.

• YuisPinkBob
    YuisPinkBob Member Posts: 353
    Options

Nurse does not need a nerf. The state she is in is fine.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    Options

Fine? Yea for the killers, the survivors are underbuffed, the nurse should have to protect the survivors from doc, as she knows how to deal with insane people.

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 882
    Options

You are wrong, nurse dont need to protect survivors from doc, because doc is here to charge those flashlights, not to hurt surviros.

Doc have a new skin with an USB charger for flashlights so you can blind doc whenever you want.

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 882
    Options

And as a topic comment.

Play as killer day today for me its hard as ****, i need to galaxy brain predict hidding spots, hits on jungle gyms, time in chase while discordance is telling me something like.

Discordance : "Hey, i know you are chasing a survivor, but do you remember that 50% gen?, its yellow now, you have like 10 secs."

And the ninja boon totem in a good spot, pfff i didint knew that survivors can also replace the totem even if you already have one active, come on.

• Lordofweed
    Lordofweed Member Posts: 297
    Options

just stop playing. its the best you can do. if there are not enough killers in dbd, the queue times will go up or the matchmaking breaks. I started 2 days ago after 3 months of a break and now i am facing non stop red rank teams. It is no fun at all. Survivors are toxic af today (playing Oni, not even a toxic killer like bubba, no noed or anything unfair). Dont know, the game is dead.

See you in another few months or so :D

• xnicolay
    xnicolay Member Posts: 70
    edited October 2021
    Options

Soon killers should repair gens too... its unfair for survivors 😂

The only way is playing nurse or blight sadly.

They keep doing the game for bot survivors, but well... soon nobody want to play as killer.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

If the most powerful killer needs no nerfs then zero killers in the game need nerfs.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options
  • EvilJoshy
    edited October 2021
    Options

Ruin used to be a different perk. When the hag first came out ruin made it so when you got a skill check while repairing a gen, regular skill checks would "regress" the gen and perfect skill checks would not provide repairs at all. It would only prevent the gen from making a noise and regressing. Back then you either had to learn to hit great skill checks, find the totem or push through it. Old ruin actually slowed down gens from progressing if you couldnt hit great skill checks. But that was deemed too strong against newbs so bhvr reworked ruin. Current ruin is only good if you can push survivors off the gens. While it rewards you for playing well the issue is some killers are clearly better at that than others.

• eXoDuSs
    eXoDuSs Member Posts: 31
    Options

At night for me is potato city, people dcing left and right, killing themselves on hook and so on.

• Ikalx
    Ikalx Member Posts: 125
    Options

Honestly, with nearly 600 hours in the game I do not reliably hit great skill checks. Ruin was unfortunately strong enough to be pretty oppressive in the state we had things before, especially because you couldn't really counter it. That meant that you could be in a match where it was quickly a non-issue and the hex was found, or in matches where you spent 5-10 minutes searching for the hex, or in matches where simply no generators got done.

I'm glad they changed it. Yes, it was actually a pretty interesting perk before, and sometimes led to really good games, but when it became the meta it just made most games a slog.

And let's be real, the majority of players in any game are never the highly skilled ones. We're somewhere in the mediocre to pretty decent bracket where this kind of thing has real weight. Too much weight, really, for a single perk.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

Explain that to all the survivors being camped, tunneled, and slugged to death. Game is so much easier as a killer.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,870
    Options

See, your problem is that you play killer all the time. More and more survivors have picked up killers and thus understand them better. Meaning no matter the situation, you're going to be outplayed simply because you're facing opponents who know how to counter your killer and how to use their mechanics in their benefit, while you barely know how to use survivor mechanics against themselves. Essentially, survivors know your killer better, than you do.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself, but not the enemy, for every victory gained, you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu

You're clearly suffering from the last portion of this statement.