Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Finally a step in the right direction (DH hit validation)

I must admit that i gave crap to BHVR for their bad P2P system but finally something exciting has happend: Dead Hard hit validation. This finally should fix most instances of "being exhausted on the ground". It also removes 1 instance where high ping killers have a massive advantage.

Imo it feels very good for now.

So very good job BHVR with this update! Although we shouldn't forget that everything should be server-side.

I would also like to hear some thoughts from the community.

Comments

• IrishRedCap
    IrishRedCap Member Posts: 153

Its garbage. My ping averages 40-52ms and ever game I played last night had validated dead hards throughout the game where it should not have ever given it to survivors.

Its more of BHVRs trashy coding where the devs only play survivors and rather than fix the issue of hitching and exhausting on the ground they just threw all the downside to killers because they flunked out basic game designs.

• snek
    snek Member Posts: 180

now it's reversed: you hit the survivor, you hear the punch, their screams, and they're fine, hardly a fix

• DarkIce
    DarkIce Member Posts: 9

Killer mains are actually unreal. I really love the irony in your post. You are saying that your hits got denied and that it isn't fair. Is it fair in your opinion if the survivor gets downed even though the killer is on his screen far behind? This DH change just leveled the playing field. Now if survivor and killer have almost the same ping only reaction time counts (if killer presses M1 first or survivor presses E first). Isn't that like it should be? And well if your ping is alot worse why should it punish the survivor? Before that as a survivor you had to account for your own ping and for the killer ping so let's say you as the killer have a ping of 40 and the survivor has a ping of 40 then in the best case scenario the survivor has to DH 80 ms earlier than the killer presses M1 was that fair?

For the second part of your answer: It isn't really BHVRs trashy coding what you are experiencing it's the lack of lag compensation. And i agree that it's missing and should get implemented. If you want to read more about lag compensation read this: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Latency_Compensating_Methods_in_Client/Server_In-game_Protocol_Design_and_Optimization

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

It's Bullshit.

• IrishRedCap

I ######### because you do a good dead hard, ill acknowledge it. You get that extra range for the pallet stun or the window ill acknowledge it as a good play. When you ######### suck and dead hard at a killer early expecting a swing, they bait your DH out and hit you at the end, the killer is now punished for the survivors ######### up. Its not lag compensatio, it's hand holding survivors who whine incessantly about how something is broken and when its 'fixed its not enough they need more.

I wouldn't complain so much except survivors get to abuse the mechanic regardless of ping. The killer is negatively affected by what should be survival perk for the survivor. The validation results in power burns, blood wipes, missed attack fatigues, etc.

want it balanced? when a survivor DH is validated they need to be held in place for 2-3 seconds while BHVR shite servers catch up on killer animations. Its laughable that survivor mains literally get their hand held by devs and now say its working as intended.

• IrishRedCap

To address your question of ping comparison being fair originally. Yes it was fair. Time spent in this game creates a skill floor/ceiling. I used to rely entirely on sound because killers make sounds when they start a lunge, their red stain is noticeably close even if you don't look behind you. Im not saying dont fix DH hitches where you hit it, fall to ground exhausted and you know you.pressed the active button 1-2 seconds prior to the actual hit.

Not fixing the core issue and instead throwing all downsides of the perk being miscoded onto the killers by forcing animations and sound cues because BHVR is lazy is inexcusable. Just do what they did with CoH and disable the fking thing until they can work out the bugs. Its not like survivors are lacking in exhaustion perks. BHVR is slowly killing their own game because they have no competition atm. I can queue up killer and find a lobby in 10-25 seconds. I queue up survivor and wait 4-10 minutes. Get rid of killers and survivors will play bots and the game will die.

• Sustina
    Sustina Member Posts: 46

Yeah this validation is awesome i just hit someone on the stairs and heard the scream plus saw blood on the screen but they ran away.