Why is noed toxic?

Why? I think It's just a powerful perk like dead hard or adrenaline or BT or DS or BBQ or Pop goes the whissle

Comments

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

It's not. Stop creating these wasteful threads.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,617

It's not; it's just an annoying perk for survivors to play around if they didn't do bones in anticipation of it, so they get annoyed by it.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

It prevents survivors from escaping.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Not even bleeding them out for 4 minutes while you headbang to #IceNineKills ?

• Powder_Kegs
    Powder_Kegs Member Posts: 66

Toxicity comes from those that complain

• AgustinPichi2
    AgustinPichi2 Member Posts: 34

I wish I got responses from the ppl that thought that is toxic, because just because they didn't do bones, It's my fault :D

• TheDuhJ
    TheDuhJ Member Posts: 475

Noed is only toxic if the plague, clown, or nemesis use it.

Vote up if you get it

• notlonely
    notlonely Member Posts: 391

I don't think it's toxic, it is simply annoying to go against if you have had bad teammates throughout the match or if the killer turned out to be a tunneler or facecamper- If the match went fine until NOED showed up, its very easy to find it and cleanse it even if one or two people lose their lives to it

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

While obnoxious its not really toxic. Getting upset about it and engaging in post game abuse is toxic.

I reckon bleeding out is thematic so it doesn't bother me at all.

• ThiccBudhha

Can you believe that someone named "SlugMeX" (the x replaces the real word because I ain't Finna witchunt) got mad at me for slugging them? They actually sent me half a dozen hateful messages just because I honored the request of their user name. How absurd is that? I was trying to be friendly...

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,696

When people ready up, they're committing to any non-bannable outcome.

• ThiccBudhha

Committing is a really strong word when they DC if they do not like your killer, or if they are first downed, or if people do not save them in the first 10 seconds on hook, or if you tunnel them, or if you face camp them, or if you take them to the basement, or if you actually manage to hit validate them, or, you know what, I will stop here. Not because I can't think of more, but because that sentence was getting absurdly long and I think the point was made at the third example all while I was avoiding bringing up slugging because it would have been redundant.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

It's not toxic. As a newer player, I don't think it's that helpful for newer killers in the long run since it's better to improve your chasing skills overall. My opinion is that it's better paired with Blood Warden, No Way Out for a full end game build. I don't think that's toxic either as the devs have stated that their intent is, ideally, 2 kills and 2 escapes. As such, planning to delay things in the end-game just replaces the slow down the mid-game strategy

• Pukenplag
    Pukenplag Member Posts: 1,454

It's either because of its high concentration of ethylene glycol or because you haven't drank enough dihydrogen monoxide.

• LeonxJiwoon
    LeonxJiwoon Member Posts: 455
    edited October 2021

its a hold your kid by the hand perk that awards bad killers who failed at catching good loopers, but my god there like 1000 topics on this same thing, so here is my jist of noed

Its not a bad perk if at least the killer was doing some effort like even if it met they only caught and kill 1 person the whole game and downs the 3 ok fine no problem. When the killer got 0 hooks the whole game then downs people with it and have the nerves to t bag and things like that ofc its urking as a survivor, cause they were not even good to begin with.

Ofc the usual do bones things, I mean I do bones with full swf so noed is never an issue for me anymore cause we totem rush over gens. Noed honestly is more an issue in SOLO queue, even with mikaela being out you think randoms learn to focus more on totems, if noed pops as soon as gates open and am in random queue i pull them gates and leave immediately. Only time I risk noed pop is with swf and will die for my swf at that point.

Devour hope honestly gets a pass because you got to work and hook a few for it to activate and it happens early or mid game, I feel survivors or least me do not even poo on devour hope simply cause it takes hard work and because its early to mid game you can fix it or you can just meh lose early when the game is already been bad. End game collapse is just urking for any survivor vs a early or middle game one. Also I gotta wonder what sense it makes when a kill who has a instant down ability still brings noed? So far got myers/bubbas mostly guilty of it lol like whoa nelly.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 943

is not toxic

• Karma_Susui
    Karma_Susui Member Posts: 17

It's not toxic but it isn't powerful. I'm a survivor main and I find it funny when someone gets hit with noed. But it's very easily countered and really only good for a late game kill. That's it.

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118

Unless the Killer/perk build is centered around endgame plays. Plenty of Killers out there like DeathSlinger and Clown who have terrible map pressure who's designed around better 1v1's or endgame builds. You even have content creators and youtubers who do plays by pretending to suck or not play until the last gen pops before decimating the entire team.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

I don't know why people think a perk is toxic.

Toxicity comes from behaviour/words IMO. Using a perk? You play the game with its own rule. I don't play NOED, I don't like it, but if the player has it, I'm trying to find the totem/I leave if everyone who's still alive leave too.

If the Killer got 4K from NOED, then they got a good use of it.

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

Its not, add in No Way Out. Survivors can have perks to open the door faster and body block even, they are just mad because bad

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

NOED isn't toxic - perks, survivor items, et al. can't be inherently.

How you use them, and how you let them influence your function, those can be toxic. NOED lends itself to a particular lazy toxicity, which is bad both for killer players in their inevitable stagnation, and for survivor players because that laziness in a killer will allow them to bang out gens and get surprised by NOED's stealth exposure.

• Danielgdp3
    Danielgdp3 Member Posts: 452

It's not toxic, players just seem to think alot is toxic.

It can only be annoying like in situations where you are up against a strong killer and you have absolutely no time to not be doing gens to get out alive, but so much in this game can be annoying so it doesn't even matter haha.

If you run it cause you are doing an endgame build that's all good, if you run it cause you don't have any gen slowing perks that's all good, if you run it cause you are new and need some help that's all good.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 778

NOED is not toxic whatsoever. If you wanna use it, just do it. It gives you a significant power boost at the end of the game. Pretty useful considering how fast gens can go.

The problem is that NOED is a poorly designed perk. It gives you a second chance at the match and a massive boost for no requirement on your part whatsoever. You don't have to outplay survivors at all, you don't have to meet any requirement, put any effort whatsoever. If survivors don't do bones, NOED is there to save you at the end.

I don't like this design philosophy. It's the same "second chance" design philosophy that brings about the worst things survivors have in their meta.

However, it's not your responsibility to police yourself. It's the devs responsibility to fix their poorly designed garbage.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I’ll go with loss aversion and survivors thinking they’ve “earned a win” once the gens are done. Studies show people hate losing something they have more than not winning something they don’t have. Haunted Grounds, for instance, gives killers 1-2 early downs but survivors don’t feel at that point like they already won. But with NOED the survivors feel like they’ve already essentially survived once the gens are done so an Exposed down is “robbing them” on that victory and they feel much worse about it.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

Thing is they probably won't ever nerf NOED because of the tools survivors have to counter it.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380

I guess its because some people view it as a crutch that bad players use to make up for their inability to win games before the endgame. I would definitely says its a crutch, but the toxic mentality that the people who use it are completely skilless definitely needs to go.