Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

was the death slinger nerf really needed?

i think not the only people that cried about him where newbies he was in no way top tier

Comments

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

Dude. A better post on the same topic is literally still on the front page of the General discussions: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/290609/a-calm-discussion-on-why-i-feel-deathslingers-nerf-was-too-far#latest

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Yes, it was absolutely necessary. He was too efficient with survivors who wanted to vault against a Slinger despite knowing it was a guaranteed shot. Those 50/50s, man... Brutal.

• botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633

Like i say on all the deathslinger post tge removal of quickscoping kill the killer the other nerf dont matter as much

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

He was not top tier and they nurfed both of his party tricks. Yet another nonsense decision ..... and I don't even play him

• ObjectOfTunnels
    ObjectOfTunnels Applicant Posts: 14

They also change nerf buff killers if they are annoying and unfun. Probably deathslinger was annoying since you can't react to his instant shots on close/medium range. He is less annoying to face now so I appreciate the change not sure how it affects deathslinger mains.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

No, but it makes it a free win for survivors so here it is.

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

Look at the language in the patch notes. They also know it wasn't necessary. They just did it to shut the whiners up.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

I mean, a killer needs to be enjoyable to face. Frustrating, but enjoyable. People hate doctor because he is frustrating, but you can still enjoy yourself against a doctor. Against a slinger? Well, no enjoyment to be had. It was literally just waiting untill Deathslinger closed the gap enough untill he could shoot you.

That's like a Demogorgon always being able to hit you once he is in range. That is like a Bubba always being able to chainsaw you once he is in range. That is like Huntress always being able to hit you once she has vision on you.

Any killer who can pretty much guarantee a hit when using his ability is a boring killer to face. Because what can you do as a survivor? Not much.

"B-b-b-b-but Deathslinger has a super weak 1v4" So? that is assuming survivors are always working as a team, which they are not. Most lobbies are 1+3, 1+1+2 and 2+2.

Yeah, Deathslinger is gonna need a buff elsewhere in his kit(heck, he recieved quite an underrated buff by reducing his cooldown from a succesful chain break to 1.5 seconds rather than 4 seconds, meaning he can very quickly pick up the chase again), but his quickscope needed to be nerfed.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

That’s why mods love to move stuff there for even the slightest hint of criticism that involves a suggestion on how to fix something.

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

You're arguing from subjectivity. I've stopped considering "fun" once I realized there's no consistent principle behind the killers that are complained about. Also, all BHVR did is make Deathslinger less "fun" for the DS players if you will. The problem is not solved.

You also brought up that he needed a buff in another direction, so you kinda agree with me. The NERF was not necessary. A rework was reasonable, but a nerf was not.

• Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 894

Yup and that's why I stopped making posts like that. Literally nobody reads that forum.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

"Yes, it's DBD not COD omg "

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684

they definitely nerfed him a bit too much. It’s really hard to land a shot now

• Predated

Oh, tell me oh wise person, how can you predict when a Slinger is gonna shoot when he can aim at you 3 times per second without losing distance?

That was the issue with Deathslinger, if he does that ######### now, he loses massive distance.

"They also made it so that the 50/50 is now on you. Now it's your responsibility to not only aim, but to also predict if the survivor is gonna twitch to the left or right, if the survivor is gonna run in a straight line, if the survivor is gonna move a little to the left and then stop, etc. Your weapon isn't hitscan. It's not just your aim that counts, but also your ability to predict survivor movement."

Except, it's not a 50/50, the projectile is still very fast to the point that if you aim to the center of the survivor, they would need to use an exhaustion perk or at least need a haste effect to dodge it. Survivors would need to move before you decide to shoot. But predicting the opponents movement to deal a hit must always lie at the person being able to deal damage. Not having that responsibility gives you essentially free hits. Free hits are always a problem, because the opponent's input doesnt matter. When the opponent chooses to put themselves in such a scenario, that's fine, they knew they were gonna give a free hit, but if that choice was forced upon them? That's an issue. Not a single other killer has the 50/50 on the survivor side. Every single ability from the birth of this game has given survivors room to respond. Deathslinger and Spirit were the odd ones out.

So yes, the nerf was needed. It's not done properly(yet), but it was absolutely essential. Killers need to be enjoyable to face, Deathslinger wasnt fun to face unless you were a premade 4. Desicive Strike literally recieved a nerf that was, in terms of in-game effect, unimpactful on escape results(I think it even increased). The biggest impact the nerf had, was removing the annoyance of having to deal with DS early game, but in return, DS survives untill late game a lot more often. Yeah, you read that correctly, the DS nerf didnt change the outcome of the match, 99% of it was changing the experience for the killer.

Deathslingers numbers, well, we'll see that in 6-8 weeks from now. If they dropped or stayed the same, he's gonna recieve adjustments in other portions of his kit. If it increased, well, nothing is gonna change since he would be an objectively better killer that now plays differently.

Personally, I do agree with his TR being 32 meters while he is 110% is a bit of an odd decision, and I dont understand why his ADS movementspeed addons were altered that much from the PTB, but I do know why they were changed(the 10% wasnt really 10% increase of his movementspeed, but 10% of the movementspeed multiplier, meaning he went from 0.85x to 0.95x, while in % thats going from 93.5% to 104.5% and when combined with the other addon it would be 110%, also, its the 10% addon+cold creek whiskey+monitor and abuse that made them change it the ADS speed addon, which is still weird, but whatever)

• Predated

"I've stopped considering "fun" once I realized there's no consistent principle behind the killers that are complained about."

There is: coinflip mechanics.

"Also, all BHVR did is make Deathslinger less "fun" for the DS players if you will. The problem is not solved."

Yeah, agreed, it's not solved, but there have been plenty of examples where the devs nerf things too hard or buff them too hard when they buff or nerf another aspect and essentially revert those changes before the PTB even releases. Them taking a safer route and only going for the nerf first, checking for results and then going for buffs if needed is kinda logical. You cant really gain data from a PTB where people are screwing around with new addons, perks and other mechanics more than they are actually playing. Nor can they gain data from just numbers, since a 1% change in quite a lot of cases can be the difference between OP and useless.

You also brought up that he needed a buff in another direction, so you kinda agree with me. The NERF was not necessary. A rework was reasonable, but a nerf was not."

Oh, the nerf was absolutely necessary, as he wouldnt really recieve a rework. His addons wouldnt really change, he would just recieve a nerf in one aspect and a buff in another one. Besides, he has already recieved a lot of underrated buffs that people still need to start using regularly. Having a 1.5 second cooldown on succesful hits rather than a 4 second one is quite a massive buff, being able to move faster in ADS is really good for chase potential. The TR change is fine for now, as his TR is already quite silent the first 8 meters, 14 meters if you have a generator around you. I do hope they either give him a lullaby or make him 115% tho. Having a 32m TR on a 110% killer when they changed Pig's 28 meter TR to be consistent with other killers(even though Pig is off much better with 28 meters), is an odd decision. Heck, I wouldnt even mind giving Deathslinger 0 Terror Radius and just 24 meters Lullaby, then change his ADS addons to reduce his Lullaby, because M&A was by far the biggest reason why his TR got increased to 32 meters.

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

Except, it's not a 50/50, the projectile is still very fast to the point that if you aim to the center of the survivor, they would need to use an exhaustion perk or at least need a haste effect to dodge it. Survivors would need to move before you decide to shoot. But predicting the opponents movement to deal a hit must always lie at the person being able to deal damage.

If you ever actually legit played slinger. shots were 50 / 50 if they could dodge or not.. Ex slinger main here and can confirmed i had ZERO issues facing slinger,

Oh, the nerf was absolutely necessary, as he wouldnt really recieve a rework. His addons wouldnt really change, he would just recieve a nerf in one aspect and a buff in another one.

You and the types of survivors that complain about the killer shows the lack of knowledge you REALLY have with him, He's 110% with a 24 meter terror radius (Before nerf) and without monitor. he was decent in a hands of a average killer main, and a Semi-better huntress in a hands of a Actual slinger main.. Hell i even rated him higher than huntress at one point,

The ONLY nerf he really Needed in terms of nerfs was a terror radius, THAT'S it. no other changes needed, his quickscope was fine as it stands.. People just don't like to Verse killers that can punish them like slinger can..

Heck, I wouldnt even mind giving Deathslinger 0 Terror Radius and just 24 meters Lullaby, then change his ADS addons to reduce his Lullaby, because M&A was by far the biggest reason why his TR got increased to 32 meters.

Technically. you can Argue that michael has the Lowest TR of all the killers, But people don't complain about him due to the fact he can Only m1..

Huntress also has the lowest when it comes down to TR, 12 meters with Monitor but even then she has a 40m Lullaby.. Again.. if they wanted to nerf him, shoulda only been a TR nerf.. this nerf was in no way shape or form, I stopped playing him due to the fact that i have to pre-aim all my shots against survivors in which case they can just flare out,

Still mad that they nerfed him for Zero reason whatsoever to please survivors...

• Predated

Ah yes, because you need to play every single killer for 50 hours or more if you want to play survivor. You dont choose the killers you face.

Besides that, 50/50's are literal coinflips, and thus bad, and those already happen at 10 meters distance. Let alone that I am not even talking about latency and hitboxes here. Because survivors could have dodged from their perspective, while still being hit(case in point: https://www.twitch.tv/predated1/clip/BlatantHealthyNikudonPJSugar ignore the RNN filter issues, yeah, I know I didnt actively dodge, nor used DH, but again, from my perspective, it was gonna be a MISS since he wasnt aiming at where I was going, but where I was)

"You and the types of survivors that complain about the killer shows the lack of knowledge you REALLY have with him, He's 110% with a 24 meter terror radius (Before nerf) and without monitor. he was decent in a hands of a average killer main, and a Semi-better huntress in a hands of a Actual slinger main.. Hell i even rated him higher than huntress at one point,"

Killer main, actually(I tend to play survivor with friends or when I want to try some ######### out, but mostly play killer), and no, I have the knowledge of Slinger. Thing is, that doesnt excuse coinflips. Huntress is quite a lot slower considering she needs lockers to reload, and doesnt have coinflip mechanics. Let alone that Slinger could fake and then coinflip. Survivors wont know the difference. Just because a killer isnt strong, doesnt excuse coinflips.

"The ONLY nerf he really Needed in terms of nerfs was a terror radius, THAT'S it. no other changes needed, his quickscope was fine as it stands.. People just don't like to Verse killers that can punish them like slinger can.."

Coinflips arent punishing mechanics. Heck, often there wasnt even anything to punish. You were literally being "punished" for nothing. Doctor is a punishing killer, if you stay at a loop too long, he's gonna predict your pathing and shock you optimally, that's punishing. If you dont go to the nearest loop and keep running in front of a Trickster, that is punishing. Not being able to do ######### when you're 8 meters away? That's not punishing, that's bad design.

"Technically. you can Argue that michael has the Lowest TR of all the killers, But people don't complain about him due to the fact he can Only m1.."

Except Michael literally has the biggest punishing addon in the entire game, which even recieved a buff, yet, not a lot of people complaining about that one either(tombstone piece deserves complaints, but that one is indeed a bit too strong for an addon). So its not punishing mechanics that people complain about.

"Huntress also has the lowest when it comes down to TR, 12 meters with Monitor but even then she has a 40m Lullaby.. Again.. if they wanted to nerf him, shoulda only been a TR nerf.. this nerf was in no way shape or form, I stopped playing him due to the fact that i have to pre-aim all my shots against survivors in which case they can just flare out, Still mad that they nerfed him for Zero reason whatsoever to please survivors..."

Guess we should get old Decisive Strike back then, because they only nerfed it to please killers. Guess we should bring back old BNP, because it was only nerfed to please killers. Guess we should bring back old window mechanics, because window blockers were only placed in to please killers. 'GoOd PlAyErS cOuLd DeAl WiTh OlD wInDoWs' is not really a good argument for the old window mechanics, right? So why do you think its a good argument for coinflip mechanics?

• foxsansbox

You can cry coinflip until the cows come home. People who actually play Deathslinger aren't gong to fall for that disingenuous branding.

• Verconissp

Saw the clip. that's latency, Not a slinger issue..

If the killer ain't from where you from, or even remotely in the US (Or Eu. i don't judge) Then you will receive what we call. Pokos

If you don't know what pokos is, it's a hit that doesn't connect. But connects reguardless, (It's worse in Custom Games than Pubs per say)

This patch has a bad desync issue again (Just like the Trickster patch. ...or a previous patch beforehand..)

• Predated

Except, it literally is. Just because you dont think so because "He Is WeAkEr In OtHeR aSpEcTs" doesnt make it not a coinflip. If your input doesnt matter, its chance. Any chance where survivor input doesnt matter that ends up removing a healthstate being lost is an issue.

"But lots of people didnt get hit" No, they didnt, and that is because you missed, not because their input mattered. So its a coinflip for the survivor. This is like Survivors vaulting a window, and your input doesnt matter whether it is a hit or not even if you are in range of an M1. You would complain for days if that was the case.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

It'll be interesting to see the official kill rate stats for Deathslinger in a month or two and see if there's a noticeable dip. The last stats they released for Q3 2021 had Deathslinger basically in a little below the middle of the pack with most of the others around 53% kill rate. (It's actually more like most of the killers are in the 52% - 57% kill rate range, including Deathslinger, and there a few outliers at either end beyond that.)

My off the cuff guess is Deathslinger's going to end up in that 50% kill rate category, a bit below Huntress. There's a few reasons I'm guessing that'll be the case:

• Deathslinger and Huntress have kind of similar aim times now. They both have to draw their weapon and take a bit to aim before firing. (They're not identical but they both have a delay.) So neither can instantly shoot.
    • Huntress is better at dropped pallets, she has a really good chance of downing an injured person from across a pallet. Deathslinger is more of a coin toss, sometimes he can drag a survivor around a short loop at a pallet but other times he can't in which case he's out of luck and has to break it.
    • Huntress is slightly better at getting one-two downs on healthy survivors by hitting them with a thrown axe at close range then moving in for a follow-up after. Deathslinger can do something similar by hitting with a melee attack up close then trying for a follow up shot after but (I think) Huntress has a slightly better chance of pulling it off, in part because of the pallet weakness.
    • Deathslinger does have a small benefit of his projectile being able to shoot throw smaller gaps which people with exceptional aim can maybe capitalize on. But then again people with aim that good can also maybe capitalize on Huntress' longer range so that might be a wash. 🤷‍♂️

It's all speculation though. If down the road it turns out they do need to buff Deathslinger slightly, though, a couple of thoughts might be:

• Make him able to turn to aim his rifle freely. Removing that delay would make him feel better to play and make up a bit of the difference against Huntress above.
    • Make him a 115% killer like Pyramid Head. Pyramid Head has a ranged attack that requires a bit to wind up, and unlike Deathslinger it can down people from across pallets or even through walls. But they still managed to keep him at 115%, so maybe make Deathslinger move at normal speed as well? Or make him 115% but slow down his wind up to shoot or his reload speed to compensate?
    • A wilder idea would be, since he has a bayonette on his rifle, increase his attack range while he's reeling someone in to be just long enough that, if he has them hooked from directly across a dropped pallet, he can potentially stab them. It would give him at least similar potential to down a survivor from across a pallet as Huntress. Then you could keep him at 110% movement, same as Huntress, and if the pallet change was slightly too much tweak his reload speed or aiming wind up to compensate.

Like I said, though, that's all rampant guessing, I have no idea if Deathslinger's actually significantly statistically worse or not after this patch. (I don't think anybody claims he's "better" now, but the degree to which he may or may not be worse is yet to be determined probably.) It'll certainly be interesting to see where the data lands though.

• Predated

"Let alone that I am not even talking about latency and hitboxes here." Literally what I said before the clip. I was calling out the issues of Slinger without even addressing the issues with latency and hitboxes. Having latency and hitboxes being on top of coinflips is a bit too much.

Im not saying Slinger is fine right now, but his quickscoping needed to be changed. DBD isnt really a game where quickscoping fits into. Survivors need to be able to dodge abilities unless they are in a position where there is absolutely nothing to be done anymore, and the range of absolutely nothing to be done anymore isnt "be within 6 meters of the killer". It's essentially "animation locked or bodyblocked into a corner". Not that things they can do is to gain distance, but avoid hits as long as possible.

There is 1 other killer right now that has a similar issues where survivors cant really do much to avoid hits, which is Clown, but at least Clown's vision also gets reduced a bit and a survivor could still make a play by going to a pallet and fast vaulting the pallet, let alone that Clown needs to be closer than 6 meters to get a hit.

I mean, it was either the quickscope being nerfed, or the chain breaking mechanics for survivors getting buffed so they can break it after being pulled for 3 meters. And personally, I rather have the quickscope being nerfed, since that would validate Slinger hitting a survivor with his ability more, while nerfing the breaking time would lead to Slingers not being able to down survivors if they are further than 7 meters away, effectively halving his range.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 778
    edited October 2021

Slinger used to take 0.25 seconds to aim and the same amount of time to stop aiming, meaning it takes him half a second to do the whole action. When he's ADSing he moves at 60 something % movement speed, i forget the actual number. He does lose distance even when doing this, and he cannot aim 3 times per second, which would be inefficient anyway. That's just not how Deathslinger players play. Could he zone you by ADSing? yes, you'd need to make a read depending on your situation. Can he still do it? Yes, he can but now he doesn't even need to stop ADSing to zone you. You, as a survivor are left in almost the exact same position as before. This change has fixed nothing, and I'd argue there wasn't even anything to be fixed.

Outside of this ridiculous scenario which barely happens and isn't effective anyway: In the open, you should get hit anyways, but you can still be tricky with your movement to throw the slinger off. Generally speaking you should know slinger will try to shoot you as you'll make a corner, but that also depends on your distance from him. On tiles, he might fake his shot or he might commit to the shot as you're making the corner and you can use that info + your own understanding of how slinger plays to make a read.

Because Slinger's projectile is so thin, minor movements from the survivor at medium range can absolutely evade your shot. At short range, like 5m or less. sure. past that and you really have to make a read on whether or not the survivor is gonna have a twitchy finger. I completely disagree with what you said about the attacker needing to have the responsibility of predicting their opponent, this literally gives "free evasion". Both roles should have to predict what the other is going to do, period. Putting that all on the attacker is hypocritical.

There was never such a thing as "free hits" with Slinger. This garbage of "the opponent's input doesn't matter" is complete and utter bullshit. Any Slinger player, could tell you 100% that a survivor that knows what they are doing is way harder to hit and can lead you on a way longer chase consistently compared to a survivor that doesn't know what they're doing. The problem is that if you can't run a killer for 5000 billion minutes while the killer's skill is completely useless against you then survivors scream that there's "nO cOuNTeRpLay!!!!".

I absolutely disagree with you that the nerf was needed. it addressed nothing. it accomplished nothing. it made the killer a drag to play. And it only ever tried to cater to survivors that don't know what the ######### they're doing, as so many ######### things in this pile of trash of a game do.

If i hear someone arguing from "FUN" when the discussion is about balance I'm gonna flip every single table in the universe with fury. How can you not get it through your skulls already that fun is subjective. I had a lot of fun facing Deathslinger precisely because, if I was constantly and consistently avoiding his shots, that that meant that I was 100% in the slinger player's head and I understood what he was going to do. This is the most advanced for of counterplay that exists.

The nerf to DS was massively impactful, what the ######### are you on about?! It literally means you can no longer save your teammate in the killer's face cuz you have a shield?! It was not about annoyance. It was about the survivors being able to do pretty much everything to advance their objective and still have a safeguard. it's a balance issue, not an annoyance issue.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Verconissp

It wouldn't make sense to nerf his chains, You tryna make him a Useless Killer?

He's 110% and a ranged killer for a reason, He needed the Quickscope to handle the actual survivors,

like.. my point will stand, Slinger shouldn't have been touched, Period..

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Yeah, it had nothing to do with the constant faking of his power. Slinger was just a bad design from the beginning.

• foxsansbox

"If i hear a single [BAD WORD] arguing from "FUN" when the discussion is about balance I'm gonna flip every single table in the universe with fury. How can you not get it through your skulls already that fun is subjective. I had a lot of fun facing Deathslinger precisely because, if I was constantly and consistently avoiding his shots, that that meant that I was 100% in the slinger player's head and I understood what he was going to do. This is the most advanced for of counterplay that exists."

He doesn't get it man, and I don't think he will.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    edited October 2021

In my opinion, yes. But not because he was any good (because he wasn't), but because he sucked to play against and there was literally nothing you could do against him but guess and pray that he misses his shots.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

His nerf came out of nowhere. He soooooo did not need that. Once again, survivors are given a 5 course meal and killers are thrown crumbs from the devs' ivory tower. The worst part about it is there's no going back. Old Deathslinger is lost forever. If he ever gets a buff, he will only ever be a fraction as strong as he was originally. They'll "meet us halfway" aka not reverting these laughably unjust changes but instead giving him something in between the old version and the current version. And if that's too OP for crybaby survivors, they'll revert that back too, no questions asked!

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

And now he seemingly sucks to be played as.

A great way to handle things. First make them unfun out of nowhere and then take probably ages to never to give something in return to make it fun again.

• Miles
    Miles Member Posts: 461

his quick scope is what DIDNT need to be nerfed. what needed to go is the spamming of it.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

Survivors: “Killers need to be enjoyable to face”

Also Survivors: Run Dead Hard, Decisive Strike, Borrowed Time, Iron Will, have access to completely safe pallets, pump out gens in 4 minutes unless the killer runs some kind of slowdown build and pressures gens.

• Predated

Since you dont seem to understand, ill keep things short by replying short:

"He does lose distance even when doing this" Assuming survivors still run in a perfectly straight line, otherwise you gain distance, do the maths You're zoning, so they are obviously adjusting their path.

"You, as a survivor are left in almost the exact same position as before." No, because constantly ADS'ing in a means to zone a survivor actually makes you lose distance, while ADS'ing around corners give you an unexpected shot.

"In the open, you should be Fd anyways" Even against a Bubba, you can do something to avoid getting instadowned as it takes 1 second with gained distance to find the nearest tree, locker or pallet. Even against a Trickster, who thrives out in the open, you could still last long enough to force Trickster out of knives. Against a Nurse you could run back into her. Against a Spirit, you could walk, crouch or run in the opposite direction to confuse the killer enough to make an escape. Literally any killer on the roster, there is something you can do to avoid being hit or downed even out in the open. It might not gain you distance, but it gains you quite a lot of extra time if you can pull it off. Deathslinger is the odd one out here.

"Because Slinger's projectile is so thin, minor movements from the survivor at medium range can absolutely evade your shot." But with a projectile so thin, you also dont see which direction it's going untill it's already too late. You can dodge a huntress hatchet because you can see it and see where it goes. Cant do that with slinger. So again, Slinger missed, survivors didnt evade. Let alone that hit verification isnt a thing on projectiles yet.

"I completely disagree with what you said about the attacker needing to have the responsibility of predicting their opponent, this literally gives "free evasion". Both roles should have to predict what the other is going to do, period. Putting that all on the attacker is hypocritical." Not what I said. I said "predicting the opponents movement TO DEAL A HIT must always lie at the person being able to deal damage". Context matters. Predicting when your opponent attacks is a different thing, but acting to avoid a hit requires the person dealing a hit needing to predict. If there is no prediction from the attackers point, there is no counterplay from the defendants point. No counterplay from hits in a game where hits matter quite a lot is a problem on its own.

"This garbage of "the opponent's input doesn't matter" is complete and utter bullshit. Any Slinger player, could tell you 100% that a survivor that knows what they are doing is way harder to hit and can lead you on a way longer chase consistently compared to a survivor that doesn't know what they're doing."

I'd like to point out that you stated that they are harder to hit and lead you on longer chases consistently, which is a common thing against 110% killers in general, rather than saying their input mattered against Slinger's power. No, there is no counterplay against Slingers power, there was only counterplay against Slinger being a 110% killer. And there lies the issue, your input doesnt matter as a survivor, Slingers input does.

"It only ever tried to cater to survivors that don't know what the [BAD WORD] they're doing, as so many [BAD WORD] things in this pile of trash of a game do."

Want me to give a list of things that were changed to cater to killers who didnt know what they were doing? Window blockers were added 1 year before bodyblocking an unhook was changed. Pallets were changed 2 years before Dying Light was. Killers recieved consistent buffs the first 2.5 years of the game, where survivors were consistently nerfed. And now there is a position where you cant really nerf survivors anymore without creating a powercreep. And killers cannot really recieve consistent buffs anymore without a powercreep.

"If i hear a single [BAD WORD] arguing from "FUN" when the discussion is about balance I'm gonna flip every single table in the universe with fury. How can you not get it through your skulls already that fun is subjective. I had a lot of fun facing Deathslinger precisely because, if I was constantly and consistently avoiding his shots, that that meant that I was 100% in the slinger player's head and I understood what he was going to do. This is the most advanced form of counterplay that exists."

DBD is a party game, fun matters. You cant expect every player to master every single killer just so they can play survivor. Doesnt work like that.

"The nerf to DS was massively impactful, what the [BAD WORD] are you on about?! It literally means you can no longer save your teammate in the killer's face cuz you have a shield?! It was not about annoyance. It was about the survivors being able to do pretty much everything to advance their objective and still have a safeguard. it's a balance issue, not an annoyance issue."

Impactful? In the highest ranks, the DS escape rate was 47% when it was 48% before, that isnt impactful. If it was a balance issue, you would see the escape rate of DS drop very significantly. 1% change isnt that significant. Why do you think DS didnt recieve changes for 2 years? Because from a balancing perspective, it was slightly below 50% escape rate across all tiers(both cumulatively and seperately). That's literally the definition of balanced. It was 100% an issue of annoyance. Because if you slugged someone with DS, even if they used unbreakable, they wasted time. If they did gens and you slugged them from there, they lost time. If they hopped into a locker, sure, they would gain some time, but that was the only way to gain time with DS, and people still do this. If it was a balancing issue, you would see DS have an escape rate of 60% before it's changes and an escape rate of 48-52% after it's changes.

• foxsansbox

You need to format your nonsense better or you need to actually keep it short when you say it's going to be short.

But much like your arguments, you're disingenuous through and through :(

• botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633

Deathslinger became unplayable the only thing he had over huntress was his quickscope now its gone he is just a worse huntress you could even say he his a worse trickster

• Yankus
    Yankus Member Posts: 638

I legit haven't seen him once since the patch...I love playing more nurses and blights

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 598

He was 1 of the Killers who was able to do something against decent Survivor so yeah he needed a nerf Survivors want to have fun not the Killer

The Game finally should be renamed at Dead by Survivors because as a Killer u are only a Plaything for Survivor

• foxsansbox

Sometimes you can tell when others are no longer arguing in good faith and you move past the pleasantries, but I thought that was obvious as my ad hominem /shrug.