The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Tunneling

I main killer, and I hate tunneling more than anything. It ruins a players experience. Losing, and having no chance in randoms is ridiculous. While all the skins, and new killers (however weak) are nice. The game needs some balance to the most fundamental aspects. I enjoy playing survivor, I've played a lot of it lately. I've put 650hrs into this game.

Tunneling needs to be dealt with hard, especially with these events. Camping, I like where that is. If a killer wants to camp, fine, do gens survivors instead of trying to gang up on the hook. As for tunneling, that is a mess. Instead of rewarding for kills, the the killer needs to be rewarded on number of hooks, and even then it needs to be tweaked. If a survivor can make unsafe unhooks, I know you can make a tunnel stat that doesn't reward full points, and hurts an emblem. It gives the killer a choice, a kill or points.

On another note, I think the game would see less DC's that only hurt the other team because there is ZERO penalty for DC'ing which rewards this behavior. Depiping is NOT a penalty. It's a joke. Something needs to be done, and quickly. The fact that DbD is focused on spitting out skins and killers that "provide a different playstyle" than killing that is supposedly "fun" is frustrating.

Balance your game. Zero excuses. I've played this since infinite loops, and insta flashlights. C'mon now. I personally believe this game is showing signs of devolving in gameplay than growth.

Comments

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

@Tsulan said:
    Uhh yeah we already had that. If you played since infinity loops, then you should know that. Back then killers could rank up without killing. Survivors complained that killers should kill to rank up (ignoring the fact that they don't need to survive to rank up).
    This led to the Victory Cube. Which teached killers that it's important to secure a kill. 

Cause and consequence.

Thanks mate. That's what I say each time someone complains about not doing 4 k or that kind of stuff, yet they laugh at my opinion when I say I play for the fun of chasing or being better with huntress hatchets and at the game in general...

Some people are just not mature, unsecure, driven my some lowkey toxic killer ... Stuck'd in the past :'D

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

So you're saying that if a Survivor majorly ######### up, the Killer should be punished for capitalizing on that? When can we expect penalties for repairing generators then?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Nood said:
    I main killer, and I hate tunneling more than anything. It ruins a players experience. Losing, and having no chance in randoms is ridiculous. While all the skins, and new killers (however weak) are nice. The game needs some balance to the most fundamental aspects. I enjoy playing survivor, I've played a lot of it lately. I've put 650hrs into this game.

Tunneling needs to be dealt with hard, especially with these events. Camping, I like where that is. If a killer wants to camp, fine, do gens survivors instead of trying to gang up on the hook. As for tunneling, that is a mess. Instead of rewarding for kills, the the killer needs to be rewarded on number of hooks, and even then it needs to be tweaked. If a survivor can make unsafe unhooks, I know you can make a tunnel stat that doesn't reward full points, and hurts an emblem. It gives the killer a choice, a kill or points.

On another note, I think the game would see less DC's that only hurt the other team because there is ZERO penalty for DC'ing which rewards this behavior. Depiping is NOT a penalty. It's a joke. Something needs to be done, and quickly. The fact that DbD is focused on spitting out skins and killers that "provide a different playstyle" than killing that is supposedly "fun" is frustrating.

Balance your game. Zero excuses. I've played this since infinite loops, and insta flashlights. C'mon now. I personally believe this game is showing signs of devolving in gameplay than growth.

Its been suggested several times. THere needs to be a benefit for hooking other survivors, some kind of genspeed debuff for example.

Right now, the game is balanced that way that you need to get rid of one survivor ASAP to be time efficient.

And btw, tunneling is just HOW you choose your target, the number of hooks doesnt change (that woud be camping)

And I really hope that BHVR finally gets their shizzle together and figures out a plan how to punish DCing once they have dedicated servers.

• Grim
    Grim Member Posts: 250

This is just silly. A killer shouldn't be punished for capitalizing on a survivor's mistake... This sort of backwards mentality really needs to stop.

• TestDStrike
    TestDStrike Member Posts: 71

Here we go, another moaning player

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Killer suffers point loss if the unhook clears as safe. Its not ideal for the fun aspect, but most often to protect and secure emblems for pipping. If we want tunneling changed for survivor favor then killer scoring needs to be reworked as well. Currently most complainants would rather the killer pick a new target, even though the switch comes with no benefit and at the cost of the killer. 
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Jago said:

@Tsulan said:
    Uhh yeah we already had that. If you played since infinity loops, then you should know that. Back then killers could rank up without killing. Survivors complained that killers should kill to rank up (ignoring the fact that they don't need to survive to rank up).
    This led to the Victory Cube. Which teached killers that it's important to secure a kill. 

Cause and consequence.

Thanks mate. That's what I say each time someone complains about not doing 4 k or that kind of stuff, yet they laugh at my opinion when I say I play for the fun of chasing or being better with huntress hatchets and at the game in general...

Some people are just not mature, unsecure, driven my some lowkey toxic killer ... Stuck'd in the past :'D

Doesn't matter what you do. If you played good or bad. If you killed them all or let them escape. 
    I had people complain because I let them farm, after 2 disconnected. I had people complain when I didn't let then farm after 2 people disconnected.
    Some people will always insult. No matter what. 
  • Mullato
    Mullato Member Posts: 104
    Tsulan said:
    Jago said:

@Tsulan said:

Cause and consequence.

Doesn't matter what you do. If you played good or bad. If you killed them all or let them escape. 
    I had people complain because I let them farm, after 2 disconnected. I had people complain when I didn't let then farm after 2 people disconnected.
    Some people will always insult. No matter what. 

TIL: Not every person reacts the same way.
  • Massacher
    Massacher Member Posts: 18

What is tunneling?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

This is a PvP game. Your opponent is not responsible for your fun.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited December 2018

The only form of "tunneling" I disagree with is when a Killer ignores every survivor except for one. They'll run by them, and not attack them, and just chase one Survivor and not attempt to down anyone but them.

Its important for Killers to get the first kill but you can do that without completely ignoring 3/4 of the Survivors and making the trial hell for one.

@Nood said:
    If a survivor can make unsafe unhooks, I know you can make a tunnel stat that doesn't reward full points, and hurts an emblem. It gives the killer a choice, a kill or points.

Why should a Killer be punished at all in this situation? You literally said "Unsafe" like, are you kidding that Survivors shouldn't be punished for unhooking in front of the Killer?

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Massacher said:

What is tunneling?

Definitions vary from person to person, but it generally means going after one person until they're dead while ignoring everyone/thing else.
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Grim said:
    This is just silly. A killer shouldn't be punished for capitalizing on a survivor's mistake... This sort of backwards mentality really needs to stop.

This thread needs that "Killer Main btw" meme.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

the only thing that i can see to change tunneling or camping its just make more objective for survivor since the only thing they can do its doing gens to finish or destroy totems if they make a new thing for survivor like finding a part to start the gen it will be ok then they could change the tunneling and camping its kinda fair