The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I feel like Corrupt Intervention is a must.

Super_J
Super_J Applicant Posts: 18

Early game can go really bad for killer. While you are chasing and downing the first survivor you see 2 gens pop and you're wondering where you went wrong. When survivors spawn together and you get 2 or 3 on one gen the game speeds up quickly before you know it. Ofcourse this isn't the case for all maps, but unless the map is indoors (exception RPD) a killer will find the gen count sitting at 3 really fast. With Corrupt you at least get to buy some time to creat some pressure.

When I play survivor, I almost always spawn next to or very close to a generator. If I am with other survivors we immediately get to work. If killer comes and chases someone off, the rest of the team resume getting back on gen. This almost always results in a gen at or before first survivor is hooked.

I would like to hear other players take on this. Keep it cordial please :)

Comments

• AiresBattleblade
    AiresBattleblade Member Posts: 25

I actually had an idea to buff several killer perks to make them closer to the meta, a "Its not overpowered if its all overpowered" approach. Anyway my idea was either the first 4/5/6 gens survivors touch or just all generators the survivors touch are initially blocked for say, 40/50/60 seconds. That way you don't have to worry about the time being wasted. Yeah survivors can just tap the gen and go to the next one, but that still takes more time.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

You sir, have helped me understand it's not my fault and have changed my mind.

I always had this in the back of my head, with it just causing a slower start almost nothing out of it. (trap killers, can benefit from this either way tho)

Maybe it's just a bit of a feel good perk for most without realizing it, just making it not so stressful right off the bat.

• blue4zion

That not only will take more time at the minimum, but also point you to where to go when the aura changes, I love this idea!

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Corrupt, ruin, pgtw. Some form of gen slowdown is needed unless your playing nurse or fighting brain dead survivors.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

I think Corrupt is extremely overrated. At high MMR, even if I get in a chase with a survivor quickly, they'll still pop two gens when I get him down even when Corrupt is active. It's pointless to run. I'd rather run something that I can use the whole match.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Run what you want to run. Corrupt is a very good perk and if you are running into survivors that just wait it out run this Corrupt, Lethal, Ruin, undying or Corrupt, Lethal, pop, deadlock/another slowdown. Lethal is Corrupt best friend they go together like ASS and TP.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

I used to think Corrupt was an overrated perk, but I've come around to it of late. With gens that fly so fast (especially when you're staring at multiple Commodious/BNP toolboxes at the end game screen), having 2 minutes of limiting where survivors can work is incredibly useful.

I used to run it only on Trapper, and I usually relied on a Ruin/Undying combo to try to get gen regression, but with totems spawns being continuously terrible (even on reworked maps) with a few notable exceptions, I found I was losing half my perks and all of my slowdown within the first minute to two of the game more often than not anyway, so Corrupt started looking better on many of my killer builds. (And that's only going to be worse with the Boon totems introduced). Now, instead of the totem builds, I'm running Corrupt with PGTW instead and getting solid value out of it.

I'm getting games where I secure one or two hooks before Corrupt can run out, and using that map knowledge of what could have been worked on, I'm able to Pop the gen that survivors have inevitably moved towards, giving me a solid start with, at best, one gen done somewhere and nothing else with work on it (or if things work out even better, no gens having popped and multiple downs). It's also been useful in helping me to identify 3-4 gens in an area that I know will be where I'll end up trying to defending the map if/when the game gets to that point towards the middle/end.

It's may not be a "must-run" perk, but it's definitely better than I thought initially.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

Personally I like bringing Discordance over Corrupt because it's a great deterrent to survivors working on a generator together. Not to mention it also lasts throughout the entire game.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

I never use it, and I agree with some of the others here in that it's by far the most overrated perk in the game.

First. It is spawn dependant. Whenever I see people discuss it or youtubers try to praise it, they show graphics which are basically "Oh look, you spawned on Azarov's Resting Place and one whole side of the map is blocked." Sure in that 1% fringe case of a long narrow map, it zones out the map. In reality most maps are more square, and your spawn point isn't reliably at a far edge or corner. When it blocks the three most distant gens you COULD get a nice side of the map blocked off, or more likely you get 3 distant gens blocked with 4 still pretty spread out and scattered between them.

Second. People like to say "it's great for setting up!" Ok sure. Who likes to set up? Trapper and Hag. So this is you, you just spawned.

Now it's wonderful, you get to place your traps around the shack at the center there, and around some of the jungle gyms with unblocked gens because they want to do them right now as they're the only ones available. You know what happens later in the match? Your game goes to absolute #########. Because the same killers that want to "set up" want to do so because their power needs placing and they want to control a specific area or web of traps. Now because you used corrupt, you got into a chase eventually, and the other survivors had to do 3 of the 4 gens that weren't blocked because that's their only choice other than doing nothing. What do you have left? 3 of your last 4 gens are in distant corners of the map because they were the most distant at the start, and your power absolutely hates split up gens. Sure, you COULD play around an area like the basement, but that is completely independent of corrupt.

Third. In realistic practice, it doesn't "slow things down" for more than 5-10 seconds. You physically can only chase one survivor. I know the gigachads of the forums like to talk about how they keep all 4 survivors off gens while simultanously injuring all of them AND pleasure their girlfriend with the other hand, but we're talking reality here. One survivor will be in a chase, the other 3 will be on gens. Corrupt simply moves which gens they're doing.

Fourth. I hate temporary perks. 2 minutes into a game, no matter how wonderful you think it is, corrupt is gone. Granted that's a longer lifespan than most hexes, but even if it were a great perk, it's time-limited. I know it's personal preference, and I can see from the hoardes of people running Ruin Undying only to see both break in the first 30 seconds that people still overvalue temporary perks, but I would much rather a perk that provides me a tangible benefit for the entire match, over a perk which is guaranteed going to be a dead-weight empty slot in the match. It's the same reason I don't run noed. Yes, it's strong, but I'm going to have more better games by running a reliable perk before endgame than I am going to have running 3 perks and hoping I get the 4th at a good time to secure something with it.

Fifth, and I know this is a very minor benefit, but it still is one. Survivors work out your perks. There are some like Devour Hope, NOED, Spirit Fury, and countless others that come out at an unexpected time and catch them off guard. From the word go, any half-decent survivor is already working out your perks (and probably calling them out to SWF.) It's only a small downside, but there's no question in Corrupt. You can see it, it can't be something that happened by chance like aura reading, and it can't be mistaken for another perk. Once it's seen, 25% of your build is known and there's less to be careful about.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

That's absolutely a depressing sight early game, when you get a quick down and see everyone else on multiple gens and realize one or two are going to pop, no matter what you do at that point. And while I think Discordance is useful on certain killers, smart survivors (especially SWF groups of any number) will figure out you have it when you keep showing up the moment a 2nd person hops onto a gen with someone, and they'll start splitting up on gens to avoid triggering it.

My most depressing Discordance moment was spawning in the main building of Ormond and having it go off on gens on the complete opposite corners of the map and knowing, no matter what I did, one gen was already lost the middle I loaded in, and a 2nd and 3rd was likely going to be gone before I could get a 2nd hook (or even a 1st, depending on how bad a chase I ended up starting with). Good times, lol. 🤣

• chargernick85

You have your preference I have mine. Applying massive pressure, knowing where all 4 are at instantly, not being able to hop on the first gen they see results in rescues and healing before any gens get anywhere. It's up to you to apply the pressure if you can't than don't run them. If enough pressure is applied only having 2 perks rest of match won't matter.

• blue4zion

Oh yeah it's still good with certain killers and combos, but by itself (which I did do often) I could feel what they were talking about.

• chargernick85

Same. Some killer it don't bother me to run Corrupt by itself but majority if I am running corrupt it will be with Lethal.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

On the flip side of that, there's nothing scarier than seeing generators fly because two or three survivors were all working on the same gen with prove thyself and tool boxes / brand new parts. For me discordance is the greatest counter to prove thyself, as it forces survivors to work on gens individually.

• dallasmedicbag
    dallasmedicbag Member Posts: 571

corrupt imo is a waste of a perk slot.. i prefer discordance

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I like corrupt. But not for the early game stall. That's not what makes corrupt good.

I like corrupt cause it ensures (most of the time, sometimes the spawns suck) that there is a cluster of gens untouched for 3 minutes. It means that you ensure to have atleast somewhat of a 3 gen.

I like lethal and corrupt cause lethal gives me a strong start and corrupt gives me a decent defence for the end game.

A lot of people dismis this combo cause they believe that once the timer is up these perks and everything they did cease to excist but the effects these perks had are still in the game.

You don't lose the snowball you had with lethal and the gens blocked by corrupt are usually close together and very often stay as last for a good 3 gen.

The value of these perks stays for the entire match if you play well

• Rancid_Discharge
    Rancid_Discharge Applicant Posts: 193

I have VERY mixed feelings about corrupt. Sometimes it just wins me games and sometimes it does literally nothing. The one perk in the game I can't reliably rate.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059

That's true - it's very spawn-dependent as well as survivor-dependent. If you spawn on a side of the map, you'll get the seeds of a nice 3-gen; if you spawn in the middle, the blocked gens end up scattered. And there's always the risk of survivors waiting it out or spawning next to unblocked gens anyway.

Aside from Trapper and Hag, I like it on Plague because I can keep the other four gens infected and either stall survivors or get info on whenever somebody touches a gen as well as free sickness. I don't run it on anyone else, though.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

It's a gamble on Hag but for the rest pretty solid perk but not always. As others said how gens spawn and what map it is can make this perk have very mixed results.

• Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399

Lethal or Whispers is better, hell even Bitter can help if you feel like taking a risky play.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,117
    edited October 2021

Most killer players memorize survivor spawn locations on every map. so they know where to search at the start of the game. On average, I get about 2-3 hooks before corrupt intervention comes out (Vary based off strength of the killer).

Optimized survivor teams can complete the game in roughly 5-6 minutes even under constant hook pressure and less if you fail chases. 5 minutes is not enough to get 6 hooks vs these type of teams, in general, they tend to finish gens in < 3 hooks than you have to play Borrow time facecamping game with opened exit gates.

The way I see corrupt intervention+Deadlock is that against these teams, they tend to finish 3 gens in 1 chase and than they will do 1-2 gens between your 2nd-4th hook. Corrupt intervention will make 2 gens pop instead of 3 in a chase(it slowdown generators by 80 seconds at the start), so you can picture corrupt intervention like 4 pop goes weasels at the start of the game. Deadlock prevents survivors from completing two generators back to back.

Deadlock has counter though, the counter is 99% generators on edge of the map so that least important generator gets blocked. it slows the game down 2-3 times for total of roughly 60~ seconds.

Corrupt intervention and Deadlock in my opinion are tunneling perks because they disrupt the survivor's ability to complete generators in efficient matter(by sabotaging their objective) and once you've killed one survivor out of 4. you get best slowdown in the game which is 3vs1 for killer.

The time that these two perks give you effectively removes the cost of eating Decisive strike and reduces potency of Dead hard/Other exhaustion perks. Corrupt+Deadlock indirectly counter Dead hard and Decisive strike assuming your killer is able to win chases.

Ruin & Undying is better... but survivors tend spawn on totems and many killers have weak chases & map mobility such that Ruin is difficult to take advantage on many killers against efficient survivors.

• Super_J
    Super_J Applicant Posts: 18

Alot of valuable input gals and gents. I appreciate it.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,117

if your losing 3 gens by first chase on any killer with corrupt, than your not playing killer correctly. the size of map and type of map will vary how effective stealthing is though in my experience, very few survivors actually stealth corrupt due to lack of solo-queue coordination.

Only swf can really stealth out corrupt however swf can also destroy ruin in record time.

There are some killers where Ruin & Undying outclasses CI&Deadlock. Its mainly on killers where they use totems as bait and traveling from gen to gen is really easy. Blight is best user of this strategy. Billy and Freddy are alternatives to this. Wraith is another alternative to the strategy. Contrary to popular belief, I actually think Run and Devour hope are best used on Trapper & Hag. The reason being is that these killers tend to 3 generator a lot because their ability is ineffective at large distances and what better way to ensure your totem stays alive than to just trap it around a 3 gen.

when it comes to killers like Huntress for example, She's just too slow to capitalize off Ruin. She needs something that is automatic and CI is exactly what doctor ordered. The same can be said for a lot of other slow 1vs1 killers like clown, deathslinger, Pyramid head,demo etc. though most of these 1vs1 killers are ass at 1vs1 if survivor is good so hardly anyone really plays them anyway.

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331

Corrupt + Trapper makes it really easy to set up the final 3 Gen trap maze of Doom!

• lkalin91
    lkalin91 Member Posts: 150

Corrupt is a must for me on any slow early game killer, trapper, hag, myers, ghostie

Other than that, I don't think it's that amazing of a perk, rarely as a survivor I'll go 'oh no it's corrupt' unlike ruin /undying tinkerer combo I see lot of ppl running which has gotten so stale by now

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

I think it's pretty solid. Some maps like Mother's Dwelling you have a gen popping before you're even physically able to traverse the map. The problem is you need something to find survivors in early game with it, like Lethal Pursuer (goes away in 9 seconds) or Whispers (not the most reliable).

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I tend to use it on most Killers that have it unlocked... LOL

It feels useful even though I've had matches that 2 gens popped while Corrupt was active

• ClumsyTrapper
    ClumsyTrapper Member Posts: 544

Corrupt is a great perk but you can have great games without it really depends on your style

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

It is probably the best perk in the game currently, after they nerfed hex perks by proxy.