About SWF's SBMM

Options

Hello from JP Forum. Sorry if the same topic already exists.

Does anyone know how the rate calculation works when SWF does the matching?

I'm a killer who is at a very low rate. (Kill count is 11 in the last 200 games. Do you think I'm not suited for this game?)

However, I was matched with famous streamers and high-tier tournament players.

And in that case, the friend looks like a very low rate in SWF for the most part.

If it were possible for a higher rated player to intentionally join a lower rated player by SWFing with a lower rated friend, this would be a very big problem.

Comments

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,810
    Options

Yes and you get the average lowered.

• Shadowstoast
    Shadowstoast Member Posts: 26
    Options

It can happen but its rare but sometimes SWF is needed because of braindead randoms

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Hi there. Spent a long time in Japan, so I'll help you out.

• No, nobody knows that. However, as far as we know, survivor MMR in SWF groups is based either on the average of the members, or the highest member.
    • There are a lot of streamers that 'smurf'. In Dead by Daylight, smurfing means that you lose a lot of games on purpose, either by AFKing, dying intentionally or DCing. They do this to drop their MMR really low so that they look good on stream. It's a scummy thing to do, but unfortunately not against the rules.
    • Recently, the DC penalty was removed, meaning they were free to do this over and over again, now having very low MMRs.
    • -Or- Something about matchmaking has been disabled or broken on the killer side.

While my kill rate isn't as low as yours, it's also probably not very good. I'm also running into a lot of SWF groups with 2000-4000 hour players in them.

Solutions:

• If you see anyone with 'TTV' in their name, leave the lobby immediately.
    • If you can check someone's Steam profile and see a lot of hours, do the same.
  • nanasi_K9
    nanasi_K9 Member Posts: 501
    Options

Thanks for the very detailed explanation! It was helpful.

As long as it's not against the rules of the game, it's probably wrong to complain.

I do feel a little bad about being played for their videos though...

I'll try to play more careful with streamers, pros and veterans in the future.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Yes. Just drop those lobbies, or any lobby with survivors in a 'blighted' skin - these are usually hackers.

It seems like SBMM is working properly again this game, so hopefully you have better matches now.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,485
    Options

It is also possible for any killer regardless of their smmr or waiting time to be given a group of survivors who have been waiting too long (like over 25min or more or something). Basically the matchmaking opens up the acceptable smmr range, the longer the wait the wider the range, and if way way too long it tosses in the next available killer no matter their skill.