Killer's Irony of High MMR

Options
Sluzzy
Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Match after match, the killer wins very easily unless it is somehow a polished coordinated team. A skilled Huntress, Nurse, or Blight if they were honest would say they never ever loses unless it was some kind of pro team comes along. This is never talked about, it is sweeped under the rug.

Killers say all the time that high MMR is not fun, but raising your MMR is based on kills. I know why it is not fun, it is because you have to work hard for your kills. Contrast this with solo survivor in that no matter how hard you try to win, you won't regardless of your skill.

The irony is that killers will do their damnest to get kills and raise their MMR and then complain when someone escapes. Since MMR has been implemented, the amount of sweat has been off the charts. I have never seen a killer not slug the third to capture the last one remaining. If high MMR is so stressful as it is claimed to be, why would a killer wait actual minutes letting someone bleed to death while you find the last one. Your reward is only to increase your MMR. You still won. The gates was not opened.

I hope the devs are looking how easy it is for killers to increase their MMR and hopefully changing the hatch mechanic so it is not so killer sided. Nerfing killers in general or buffing survivors in general in such a way that SWF is not necessarily buffed but so in every match there is an opportunity to win.

If you are so scared about high MMR and waiting in queues for a long time, stop slugging, give survivors a chance. Take off slowdown perks. It's OK if a couple of survivors escapes. It really is OK.

Comments

• Gigante
    Gigante Member Posts: 134
    Options

This is a casual game, killers and survivors should not need to offer your soul to win a match.

SBMM it's all about it.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Merciless monsters make for more interesting play than half-assed effort and handouts

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685
    Options

I agree, the ironing is delicious

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

If that were true, survivors wouldn't run DS. They THINK that it makes play more interesting until they realize it doesn't.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

Imagine having the time to be an 8,000 hour Nurse main and also make 2,100 posts pretending to be an entitled survivor main. This gimmick stopped being funny 2,000 posts ago. The problem is the devs probably read this guy's posts and go "wow, this is some incredibly useful insight into the survivor experience, we could do something with this!" and the game ends up in the state it's in now with ultra fast unlimited boon heals, 3 gens done at 1 hook, and maps the size of Texas with 30+ pallets

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

What is changing the hatch mechanic gonna do?? So you can key escape early before finishing the gens??

• Khelendrose2020
    Khelendrose2020 Member Posts: 207
    Options

OP is missing major parts of the story here. If you are a casual player who does not care to tunnel or camp unless logic calls for it, you can easily find yourself at high MMR and facing sweat crews nonstop.

It used to be that I'd lose a match here and ther. I'd have some great matches that were fun and had 2-3 kills, and could run a variety of builds and addons with various killers. Now, with MMR, I face constant sweat matches, have to run slow down perks or gen control perks, or get bullied every match. I lost over 30 matches in a row, with 0 to 1 kill, and still face this crap.

Every match is vs meta perks, every match affords no mercy on mistakes, and every match lacks any level of enjoyment. I've started playing more survivor for the first time in over 3 years. Even in mid tier solo que, I ha e more fun than playing killer. Last month is the first time in 3.5 years where my survivor "rank" surpassed killer.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    edited October 2021
    Options

I get what you're saying but no amount of playing nice and chill will get you away from pro esport squads.

If you play like, once or twice a night you have no hope of escape. You either play predictably one sided games or you say "frig the survivors" and actually try, which will require playing dirty. There's no time to 8 hook anymore unless you play a killer like hag, trapper or demo. Who can set up webs

• Sluzzy
    Options

That only means camping and tunneling to get a 4K is overpowered tactics where survivors are not strong enough to overcome it. Is it fair if four good survivors all lose because a killer tunnels someone out of the match early? I see this happening too much because DS is not strong enough or because the survivor didn't have it.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    Options

Did you know that texas is larger than france? Thanks to the map we use, that makes ocean navigation easier, sizes of things are distored, Russia is the size, lengthwise, of africa

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685
    Options

I'm not talking about tunneling the first survivor you see. I'm talking about tunneling or camping which is necessary when there are 3 gens left and you've only got 1 hook. This is not uncommon if you are playing against a very good team.

Your argument "is it fair if four good survivors because a Killer tunnels someone out of the match early" can be very easily reversed...

Is it fair if a good Killer loses a match because he didn't play Nurse, wasn't on a favourable map, or simply got gen-rushed or had bad RNG with gen placement or loops?

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    Options

Body is 1 character too short

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709
    edited October 2021
    Options

Funny the person complaining about not winning is telling others to not care about winning... the irony.

Doubt I am at high MMR, yet if you don't play the game as it is supposed to be played as a killer by being merciless the survivors will walk all over you. Just face it Sluzzy, you are just not that good of a survivor... the hatch mechanic, if you rely on that mechanic to get escapes is very telling. If you get tunneled out of the game at the start, your team isn't doing a good job of protecting each other and that is why high MMR is difficult.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Some survivors can't play without devoting their entire loadout to counter mistakes.

Personally I don't see the appeal of DS, I prefer to play with a one chance mindset. The less danger the killer poses, the more boring things get.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,810
    Options

Last time I tried a different build I ran a spirit for two gens and she proceeded to camp me in the next two games. Decisive is a permanent part of my build now.

• Sluzzy
    Options

The killer does get more pressure after they hook someone. So it's only smart for survivors to get some gens done quickly while they can because killers can snowball fast. Killers don't show mercy. Always slugging even with 5 gens still up. Why should survivors not try to get the objective done as soon as they can?

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Fun fact, sluzzy has been banned a few months ago for one month.

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886
    Options

Thanks Sluzzy, very cool.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024
    Options

Surv rush gens I rush kills seems fair trade despite surv can easily escape by doing all gens and I have a chance to get 2k

• MikaKim
    MikaKim Member Posts: 334
    Options

Welcome to the killer dominated forum.

Where any killer push back gets insta downvoted (oh the good old reddit dbd days).

• JohnWeak
    JohnWeak Member Posts: 854
    Options

If that's your experience, you clearly don't play at high MMR, sorry if i have opened your eyes...

I personally play both sides equally and when i play survivor, at High MMR, duoQ mostly, i win 80/90% of the trials : 3 escapes +.

If i play in SWF, it's above 95% win rate.

That's the way it is, survivors can't loose anymore unless they are inexperienced.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981
    Options

And where is the problem?

Sweaty Killers meet sweaty survivors. SWFs go against Nurse with Ruin, Undying, Pop while bringing along Styptics and Brand New Parts...seems fair to me.

Killers who play less sweaty get letts sweaty survivors, running fun builds or less powerful Killers while facing survivor with memes and Mettle of Men or uncoordinated teams.

Now...where is the problem? You can either say that you are going against sweaty Killers all the time but then you are maybe a weaty survivor and should be proud of your level or you can complain that your MMR is too high. In the latter case maybe I am right and the decay of MMR should be harder on both sides to adjust them better.

Why buff or nerf a side just because they are trying their best?

Well, as I said: Play sweaty, get sweaty opponents. Both sides trying their hardest...

So where is the problem?

Why? I am all in for some balance changes like a good nerf to Hex: Ruin. However I am not in for general Killer bashing where you throw all Killers in the same batch. Its clear as day that Nurse is gamebreaking and that Legion is underperforming, so why talk about them that way when they are different matter.

Balancing is more complicated that "Muh Killer OP, SWF unbeatable".

• Artick
    Artick Member Posts: 623
    edited October 2021
    Options

How do any of you know you are high mmr killer/survivor? You don't.

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649
    Options

The funniest thing about this is the fact some people actually take sluzzy seriously

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848
    Options

Classic Sluzzy. Such a classic Sluzzy.

• MikaKim
    MikaKim Member Posts: 334
    Options

Well your the rarity in this forum.

The fact you admit nurse is a fundamentally broken killer already puts you in a higher tier than the majority here.

However, my point about killer tribalism is on point in how this forum operates. As you would well know with your statements.

All you have to do is post some variant on the 'poor killer' meme and the sheep will just largely nod their heads in unison.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Man I thought we would’ve all realised by this point he’s trolling. Guess some people never learn

• kingbojenbo
    kingbojenbo Member Posts: 130
    Options

Agreed. If anyone says anything positive about survivor then the killer mains get angry and group up together.