Which Killer was the greatest failure?

Options
Wraff
Wraff Member Posts: 139

Legion? Wraith? Twins? Trickster?

Which Killer do you feel was the greatest failure in terms of design and why?

Comments

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 864
    Options

Released Legion and old Hex: Ruin

Currently I say IMO

DeathSlinger, Twins, Legion.

Cowboy got hit to hard with the nerfs and might never been seen again. Twins and Legion got some changes to make them a somewhat better, but they still need overhauls.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285
    Options

Also Legion. Let's be real people only play them to express their inner edgy teenager.

• MrOogieboogie
    MrOogieboogie Member Posts: 70
    Options

Dang the Trickster hate...I will agree he isn't a good fit merely from an aesthetic stance, but I think he is just fine as a killer. His buffs made him decent enough imo...I like using him, but he COULD use some grittier/creepier cosmetics.

Twins is definitely the big failure. Charlotte isn't the LEAST bit intimidating and victor is just annoying. The dude above me basically already said it best.

• BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968
    Options

I like Legion because their anniversary crowns are the least intrusive to other cosmetics of any killer.

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 593
    Options

Trickster - why we even got a normal K-Pop Singer as a Killer 🤷🏻‍♀️

Also as a Twins Main who love Charlottes Design it makes me sad to see so many Twins hate :(

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,960
    Options

Twins, easily.

They launched with an abysmal amount of bugs, they require playing like a scumbag for them to be playable, yet they're such an interesting concept executed poorly.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

Not sure why Wraith is mentioned. He’s one of the better designed killer.

Anyway I think it’s the Twins. So boring for both sides and encourages unhealthy gameplay.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

Trickster. The uncollected guy whose trademark was his sloppy kills is, for some reason, an expert in knife throwing - on top of being in one of the most scrutinized fields of media on the planet and somehow slipping away for kills which very few noticed were being slipped into his songs.

His lore, his power, and his gameplay are at odds.

• ClumsyTrapper
    ClumsyTrapper Member Posts: 544
    Options

Reworked Freddy old Freddy was original and fun new Freddy is generic and bland wish the wouldn't have caved to the pressure to change him

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 2,994
    Options

Legion's initial release was... to say bad would be an understatement. Right now, I think they're in a better spot, and I'm hoping they change Legion for the better with the update, so atm I would actually say that Trickster is a disaster. A terrible ability, that not only is annoying to play against, but also mimics a lot of the design of release Legion. Trickster has very little counterplay, and is not fun to play imo. It takes too long to down people at most tiles, and at the few where he can down survivors fast, it feels incredibly op, even though it isn't.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

The Twins by far. The whole chapter was a mess, no one likes playing against them, they are a camp/slugfest. people dont like playing as them, no one likes having their power being quite literally murdered out of play or having to play in a scummy way to win effectively.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,279
    Options

Legion

There is nothing you can do to make this killer balanced unless you massively overhaul their power, theyre either incredibly weak or incredibly strong.

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510
    Options

They've been hitting fouls for years now...but I'd have to say original Legion that countered every measure you could take to defend yourself, the moonwalk chase while you had no choice to bleed out, and the infinite mend bug that came out later.

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508
    Options

The Twins, and it's not even a contest. At the end of the day, a game is meant to be enjoyable. A killer that is notorious for being unfun to play as and against is a failure. BHVR somehow had the magic recipe for negative appeal for the Twins.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

Twins is so close to being ok if BHVR would just put in some elbow grease

Imma say Freddy because he is somehow more boring than Legion even though legion barely has a killer power

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

Legion.

• Rancid_Discharge
    Rancid_Discharge Applicant Posts: 193
    Options

Twins, trickster, and nemesis were the most disappointing killers ever released in my opinion.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,604
    Options

Twins.

I only faced them four times since they were released without considering the first two weeks in which everybody are trying them.

• shelobster
    shelobster Member Posts: 272
    Options

Pinhead. They should never have started on the path they're now on.

But yeah, Trickster is a clusterfuck.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Pig. So much potential for a 'Saw' themed killer. Blah execution.

Freddy. See above. At least his former incarnation was powerful and fun to use.

Pinhead. My second favorite horror film(s), and it feels like my toolkit is so niche that in many games, I barely get to use it.

Trickster. Not only does he feel like he's from a totally different franchise thematically, but...yup. That's going to be our 'Joker', everyone. Enjoy.

Deathslinger. As cool as it is conceptually, he was just never going to work mechanically in DbD and is now borderline unplayable. He needs a total rework.

Nemesis. Really...that's what you got from the character? 2 buggy zombies and a tentacle?

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,505
    Options

It's always going to be Legion

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,638
    Options

twins and trickster

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

Trickster in terms of his power was pretty lame. The twins had the worst chapter, but Legion? Legion hardly has a power and are literally BHVR's dress up doll nothing else. Legion's addons still haven't even been updated to match their current "power".

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    edited October 2021
    Options

I see a lot of Trickster here, but the bulk of the complaints boil down to 'doesn't look like a killer in this genre' and 'uncreative gameplay.' The first is at least somewhat subjective, even if I see the point, and the second is true for a lot of killers.

The Twins, on the other hand, have all of those issues and more. They're terrible to play and they're terrible to play against, which is a sort of fascinating magic bullet because usually frustration in an asymmetrical game ends up being at one side's expense and the other's gain. But nope - the only creative way you could use their power, using Charlotte as a wall and using Victor to herd, is no longer possible, and it's hard to tell who's being punished more; Victor, who now gets stunned and yeeted no matter how well he aims, or the survivors, who spend half the game on the floor and are allowed to move exactly three steps away from the hook before Charlotte wakes up and slaps them back down.

Trickster has dedicated fans and is more than viable nowadays, so you see a lot of him. Even if there's people that love him because he's sleek and conventionally attractive, which isn't exactly genre ground... they still love him, and, well, that doesn't work in reverse. I've yet to meet anyone who thinks the Twins are a cool or scary kind of ugly; the consensus is just sad ugly. I don't think any killer was more dead on arrival than Twins. Ambitious idea, terrible execution. The crippling number of bugs they were released with is just the nail in their coffin.

My second pick would be Legion, mostly because it feels like BHVR didn't know what to do with them when the initial power turned out to be such a horrible idea and they gave up as soon as they'd managed to staunch the bleeding. They're pretty far down the totem pole in terms of killer design, but I'd still rate them over Twins.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Options

Legion. Wraith, Twins, and Trickster have fun powers. legion's power is kind of just disappointing.

also, why wasn't this a poll?

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508
    Options

Legion has a sizeable fanbase. Twins do not. A character meant to entertain people entertains practically no one. Legion might have sucked for survivors, but was at least entertaining for those that played them. That automatically makes Legion a more successful killer design than Twins, whom appeal to no one.

• Frontdoor6
    Frontdoor6 Member Posts: 609
    Options

I liked the Twins. The character had creativity that none of us thought of

Unless your talking about the bugs that come with the chapter. I don't remember them, but i heard they were a bother

• throwaway79465468797
    Options

Definitely Wraith for me... hard for them to balance so they just buff him beyond repair.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

Trickster has to be their greatest failure. He doesn't fit in design wise, his power is just a weaker Huntress that somehow got nerfed, his name doesn't fit with his power or even lore and his lore, for a Kpop idol going mad, is really bland

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 885
    Options

It seems like some people are only considering how well they currently function, rather than how well they could function if the devs actually spent some real effort figuring out their flaws and reworking them. All they seem interested in doing is changing some numbers around, as minimally as possible. I don't think any of them is a failure, but some are just not good...but could be fixed if the devs gave a #########.

• ryseterion
    ryseterion Member Posts: 445
    Options

Twins by far

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,423
    Options

Trickster.

For me he does not fit in this game. Looks too much like a survivor and also his power was not very well thought out IMO.

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667
    Options

Nemesis.

Unbelievably unfaithful to the source material for the most part and quite possibly the least fun Killer to go against, but still manages to feel weak and reliant on certain things such as Marvin's Blood and Save The Best For Last (which is ironically the opposite of what Nemesis does to his "obsessions" in the lore).

His zombies are incredibly stupid too. You should never be able to win a chase without doing anything whatsoever. Don't say that you're herding the Survivor into your zombies when the zombie goes one of two directions, while you go to the other. They create lose/lose situations in chase and are additionally incredibly frustrating when you're just on a chase.

His addons are pathetic as well, apart from a few cases, like the aforementioned Marvin's Blood.

They built all of the Resident Evil Chapter up for the 5th Anniversary Celebration, and yet we received a horrendous map which spent most of the chapter's release disabled, a Killer who suffers from the BHVR design syndrome of "good 1v1, terrible 1v4" and Perks as a whole that are too specific, undermined by better perks, or just generally not a strong effect.

Every aspect of the Resident Evil Chapter, apart from Eruption and Lethal Pursuer, is a complete and utter failure. Nemesis is the forefront of it.

• Wraff
    Wraff Member Posts: 139
    Options

I mean they were not exactly gonna give Nemesis a rocket launcher or flame thrower.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Legion. They've been nerfed a lot and their current power is useless.

• Sandwich_Jesus
    Sandwich_Jesus Member Posts: 266
    Options

hmmm, gonna go with Legion.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Trickster.

All the hullabaloo. All the cosplays. All the fanart. All the winking. All that crap.

Soon went awfully quiet.

Still laughing. 😂

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

Twins, the best way to play them is the most boring and uninteractive one

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

Legion on release was by far the worst addition ever made to this game.

currently it has to be Twins though.

amazing and creative concept, but incredibly horrible execution - and honestly, i doubt a couple of small buffs / changes are enough to fix that mess.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Legion should have been a 4 man twins. But trickster is the worst imo. Doesn't fit and looks well out of place now that the kpop train has left.

• Miles
    Miles Member Posts: 461
    Options

Until last patch, yeah he was perfect. Rn, it hurts my soul

• slendermansmoom
    slendermansmoom Member Posts: 544
    Options

twins

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

“The last buff made Wraith a weeee bit overpowered”

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Hag. Nothing about Hag is enjoyable. Nothing about Hag and her playstyle supports the game she is supposed to be played in, and her only redeeming quality is her perks.