Self Care Needs Buff

Self-Care should be buffed. The weather is very long and not worth much, though. It's a good perk if you play alone. Because many survivors do not want to help. I get quite sad even with self care an hour the chase is inevitable and I think nerf in that perk is additional. The killer is always full of benefits, even the majority is adept at tunneling. So I think a perk should be more valued.

Comments

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

I don't think it should be buffed. They said they're actively looking for alternative ways for survivors to heal. It's just right now, they're doing a pretty crappy job XD

Aftercare could have been the final downfall of SC being used, if it you know, didn't reset upon getting hooked. Hoping they'll live up to their idea of finding alternative solutions to healing instead of just nerfing survivor over and over like this

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

tbh i would actually prefer if they nerfed it a bit more, but introduced some kind of "first aid stations," similar to how jigsaw boxes spawn around the map, and likewise giving the killer their aura but not survivors. They could have limited uses (cooldown period, only once per survivor per box, limited charges, small number per map, something of the sort.) This would give a big risk/reward by immobilizing the survivor and combating gen rush a bit, while also making self care less "obligatory" (I never run it, but I understand why such an absurd number of survivors do.)

Granted if such an idea wasn't balanced properly, it could become either worthless or too good, so they would definitely need some time working out advantages and disadvantages of them...

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

@ShyN3ko said:
    You know its a strong meta perk?
    Meta Build:
    -Self Care
    -DS
    -Adrenalin
    -Sprintboost

And 60% from the survivors use this perk always.

Lol at this, what a lie.

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

@Vietfox said:

@ShyN3ko said:
    Meta Build:
    -Self Care
    -DS
    -Adrenalin
    -Sprintboost

Lol at this, what a lie.

Why a lie?
    This is/was a meta build for survivors, because all perks are pretty strong.

• Ryuhi

@ShyN3ko said:

@Vietfox said:

@ShyN3ko said:
    Meta Build:
    -Self Care
    -DS
    -Adrenalin
    -Sprintboost

Lol at this, what a lie.

Why a lie?
    This is/was a meta build for survivors, because all perks are pretty strong.

They're all good perks in the meta, but its not really a meta build. one or more would usually be substituted for something like Urban/Balanced Landing/We'll Make It/Bond/Empathy/Alert, especially with solo players.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

75%+ of survivors run self care...

That means it is fine the way it is.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

It's fine the way it is honestly, imo this perk is a huge waste of time and works against you more than you think nowadays.

• Ryuhi

@Plu said:
    It's fine the way it is honestly, imo this perk is a huge waste of time and works against you more than you think nowadays.

depends on the killer. Vs the wraith it is 100% free if you can sit under a pallet while doing it, since he cant even bodyblock the pallet activation while cloaked. And it can wake you up vs freddy. It can even be used to distract killers when you know they have nurses. Above all else, it forces killers to have to commit to chases all the way to a down rather than spreading pressure around, which opens them up to gen rushing.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Self Care is fine. Actually it is used a lot and some players still consider it to be the best perk in the game. I dunno why but they do.

I don't run it personally but it isn't because its weak.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Tsulan said:
    A buff for SC...
    What's next, a buff for DS? Multiple uses?

Lol

• Dilophomos
    Dilophomos Member Posts: 21

I think it's fine the way it is.
    If you want to get healed fast, try looking for other survivors!
    Ain't that the whole point of healing?

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    edited December 2018
    Doesn't really need it. Its one of the highest used perks and is practically a cure all for most statuses. As it is now there is little to no reason to rely on teammate other than speeding up the process, which most dont even waste the time to find someone. And didn't they just increase the time to help balance match length. Buffing it up seems to be counter productive to why it was changed to begin with.
    Post edited by DemonDaddy on
  • Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Wher is my LOL buton when i need this.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Master said:

@Tsulan said:
    A buff for SC...

Pls dont give them ideas.....

Let's make the skill check slightly harder, but survivors can use DS every time they get picked up.

*we think this would result a more enjoyable chase mechanic. Make it more rewarding. A once missed skill check shouldn't remove the perk.
    Signed: DbD devs
  • HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Self care needs to be built in
  • BuffKillers
    BuffKillers Member Posts: 6

They should remove Self Care, not buff! IMHO survivors should heal them self only with medkit.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Tsulan said:
    A buff for SC...

Yes didn't you hear it's being buffed on April Fool's to have unlimited uses and each time you use it you're fully healed and one gen is completed. At 5 gens the gates are automatically opened, you get 50k BP and 100 shards for using it so well.

The killer meanwhile gets sent to the Entity's school for unhappy killers affected by the new and improved DS where they get cookies and milk.

In all seriousness SC is fine now as it is after the changes to healing in general and that meta isn't actually very accurate usually.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@Faceless said:
    Self-Care should be buffed. The weather is very long and not worth much, though. It's a good perk if you play alone. Because many survivors do not want to help. I get quite sad even with self care an hour the chase is inevitable and I think nerf in that perk is additional. The killer is always full of benefits, even the majority is adept at tunneling. So I think a perk should be more valued.

you can always pick pharmacy or bond...

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    HeroLives said:
    Along with ruin
  • Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    If you want to increase your speed at self caring hit great skill checks the progression bonus will help a lot. 
  • Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570

Buffing Self-Care...
    What is next? A nerf for Surveillance?
    Or a buff to NOED?

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Weak bait
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Faceless said:

Are you new to survivor? They actually tweaked SC to make it more fair for killers. I would say practice your other skills and as you play the game more, you'll find perks you really like to use. SC can be quite nice when you're solo and not sure how competent your team is or even where they are. If your aren't sure on what to do or how to do it, there are many tutorials on YouTube. IMO SC is best when solo or playing solo, though I usually go with bond and iron will as one gives information and the other keeps you quiet. 
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    There is a buff to Self Care. Use Botany Knowledge :)
  • HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Zarathos said:
    HeroLives said:
    Along with ruin
     Amen to that
  • TheWraith883
    TheWraith883 Member Posts: 66

How about making the survivors unbeatable and make you run on the map alone without a killer? What's wrong with your survivors? You keep complaining and wanting everything to be at your advantage. This is so stupid if you don't know how to play don't play, please.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    The devs themselves put self-care in that state, because they want some cooperation and team play from the survivors, like intended. DBD is a team play!