SIMPLE QUESTION REDUX - YES OR NO - DO YOU THINK NOED IS FINE?

Raccoon
Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Previous topic had the vast majority of players saying it was fine.

Interested to see if opinions have changed.

My answer - Yes

Comments

• Powder_Kegs
    Powder_Kegs Member Posts: 66

Yes

In the game of "do gens or die" you have to do bones at the same time as gens or dying

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

Yes. It has a solid counter.

• zombitehdeath
    zombitehdeath Member Posts: 587

No- it could be better and more rewarding then it is in the state its in.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    edited October 2021

No it's not. First of all that's not even a strong perk. It will give you 1 or 2 pity kills so your mmr goes higher. Why would you ever want high mmr?

Getting downed and camped to death on your first hook is also fun. Perk is bad for both sides

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

Yes - I mostly play survivor, do bones.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

By itself yes.

Camping with noed. I'm going to have to argue no

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Sure, if solo Q had a basekit totem counter, otherwise, no.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

No

It should be stronger, right now, good survivor teams couldn't care less about NOED while babies get all murdered because of it.

Give it new effect that's worthy of beiing endgame hex and make it work like No way out but much stronger once fully stacked and active.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

NOED is fine.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 709

Yes, I think it's ok.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

No.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015
    edited October 2021

Alone or with an endgame build? Sure. Stacked with slowdown perks? No, not at all.

It makes solo queue even more painful to play. Honestly I would gladly throw away NOED and Dead Hard.

Okay not exactly thrown away, just reworked.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

No.

the concept of NOED is a very fine one, but it lacks severely in its execution.

NOED shouldnt punish teams that did 4 totems the same as teams that did 0.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

No

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,700

Yes

• BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968

NOED is fine, its a reasonable second chance perk against genrushing.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380

No, i think the perk itself is fine but i think it needs a more reasonable method of announcing its presence before somebody gets hit, so it doesn't feel so terrible when you get backhanded by it.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

Its fine yes.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

I think its fine. Easily prevented.

The only issue I have with it is that it rewards facecamping where the only counter is to rush gens. Then the survivors dont have enough time to do bones. But thats more an issue with facecamping. Extend time on hook a bit to allow for bones and gen rushing to counter facecamping and its all Gucci. I just cant think of a way to do this that isnt abusable by either side...

• getuy45u4iu
    getuy45u4iu Member Posts: 93

Yes.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

No

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

Needs a buff. Needs to overwrite a boon and a couple % speed boost.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

As a stand alone argument, as a perk in a game, Yes.

When factoring in the often unfun playstyles people use when crutching on Noed , I guess, still Yes.

But it's not a healthy perk for the game, nor does it make for fun tactics in the majority of games it is used. And it never feels earned.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 700

Yes, if any change needs to be made it should let Survivors know it has activated once activated

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,613

Yes. It's moderately powerful IF survivors haven't done bones (not likely, in fairness) and IF they choose to risk giving it value by going for a save or lingering in the trial, you trade out a perk slot until the end game, and survivors can deactivate it after it's spawned if they choose to take that risk.

If survivors play optimally against it, then it's at most a single kill.

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989

Yes. Close discussion.

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170

Yes. It's 100% counterable.

• Kleer_mi1k
    Kleer_mi1k Member Posts: 46

yes

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

If you think about how easy survivors have getting exhaustion perks back again and again, NOED is just too weak. Killer have three perks all game and then just maybe get value out of this perk. It needs a buff I think at least the speed buff should still be there even if all totems are done or the NOED totem gets cleansed. So no it's not fine.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

Yes.

• Clevite

Optimally is the key word here.

Have you played solo q in awhile?

Optimally is rarely associated with solo q gameplay.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,613

A fair point, but "optimally" isn't exactly hard in NOED's case. Literally all you have to do is open the exit gates and leave as soon as you see NOED activate, unless you're the unlucky SOB who gets hit with it. I do empathise with that being unfun for the person who gets hit, so the only change I'd support is NOED announcing itself as soon as it activates, that seems fair.

Not to say that you should be too harshly criticised for not leaving the trial, but if you're choosing to potentially give the perk value by playing into it then I really don't think it's fair to start complaining that the perk is too strong.

• Clevite

I certainly agree, survivors should just leave. I never understood the insistence on trying to get 4 out when you could easily get 3 out.

And I don't mind being left if the others leave.

But, I guess, after so long on the game, and so many escapes, the fun for some may be in the challenge of saving the one even if it turns into a 4k.

But, yes, if you choose to do this, then you shouldn't complain.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

No. It rewards killers for playing badly.

• LeonxJiwoon
    LeonxJiwoon Member Posts: 455

SWF not a problem. Random queue its a huge problem but I said this how many a times now? *yawn*

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

NOED? More like NO SkillED killer mains. Ayy gottem!

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

No. It either rewards bad players or boosts good players too much.

Likewise, it needs a buff to be more useful but it can't receive any due to its current nature.

It's power level is fine, but it's application is not.

It unfairly ######### over Solo Q whilst being useless against SWF.

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

In a perfect world? No. In the game's current state? Yes.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Yes and no.

I don't like the perk, and the unhealthy and unfun playstyle it can lead to, especially with NWO.

However, it's no more busted than an SWF with multiple toolboxes popping two gens before the first minute of the game elapses, or exploiting the office infinite on RPD.

It probably needs to be reworked, but not before killers get some love in other areas.

• nickofford
    nickofford Member Posts: 105

No

As the only perk that gives a reason to clease dull totems it is the STRONGEST killer perk in the game

Every time a survivor thinks or looks for or cleanses a dull totem NOED has had an effect on that match.

Noed needs to changed completely and Dull totems need an intrinsic gameplay effect

• Yes of course it is fine

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

No. It's strength is fine but the way it works is not.

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423

I main killer, never cared for it myself. It's a "I can't win the game so I should get one down at the end at least" mentality, when a good build will play out the full game (usually expect one to get hatch).

As survivor, it sucks getting popped with noed every time. Just depressing and sad, with rare exceptions it means someone on the hook and no end game rescues.

• Sherry
    Sherry Member Posts: 227

Yes, it's fine.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

Yes.

• CrimsonMothKing
    CrimsonMothKing Member Posts: 416

Honestly, at this point with SBMM, the survivors I am forced to go against and just overall how unfun the games are, I think it is fine. Why as the Killer should I not be allowed a second chance to kill the survivors when they end the game in like 3 minutes.