Would DBD benefit from a sandbox/practice mode?

Options

Hey guys. I just started playing dbd again and as always lots of things have changed (perks, addons, etc) I stopped playing around pinhead's release and I recently came back and completed the new tutorials which in my opinion are pretty decent. I was wondering though if the devs would be able to add some sort of sandbox mode where people could try playing with certain perks or practice with certain killers and killer add-ons instead of diving straight into a match. Devs/Community do you think is would be a beneficial change?

Comments

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,516
    Options

I would definitely appreciate some form of mode where you can practice some new perks or try out a character you haven't had much experience of yet without needing to go to a real match and (probably) feel discouraged from the end results.

Just saves some frustration and it would be a pretty convenient for most players.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    edited October 2021
    Options

Custom mode bots.

Behavioural parameters maybe in the form of sliders that highlight how the bot plays.

Killer aggressive vs defensive, do they commit to chases or do they break off and defend gens/hooked survivors.

Survivors bold vs fearful, how intense does the terror radious have be before they stop working on that gen and flee, how much they run around or sneak.

Set their perks and addons or maybe even have a random set up mode where the oppoent perks are hidden from you at setup.

Some daily solo challenges for BP's.

edit- survivor skilled vs unskilled, on how well they hit skill checks.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

Yes. It's only been suggested for 5 years. So, we should receive it soonTM.

You can get it in dbd mobile off the bat, though. True story.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651
    Options

Maybe they'll promise it during the next anniversary stream and we'll get it 1 - 2 years later. Idk.

But seriously, this would be a dream. Give people who are new to the game and chance to orient themselves to it or test things out without having to rely on someone else every time. Let players get familiar with a new killer's power without having to get stomped to do it.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,468
    Options

They stated during their last Q&A that they have no plans to add any different game modes at all.

Prolly have to wait until a DBD2 I'd say.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Options

yes.I man, they have AI and a mode where you can set variables, why not just put them together?

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,222
    Options

Yes. People have been suggesting this for a VERY long time.

• kingbojenbo
    kingbojenbo Member Posts: 130
    Options

You would think that would be the thought process but no. Creating a mode like this should be obvious.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Options

It's like the DC penalty due to spotty internet. There's literally an indicator in game showing if your internet is weak, I mean, if someone's in the middle of playing the game (moving, doing an action, etc), the indicator comes on, and then their internet cuts out, why the heck would you give them a ban? (yes, I'm a little salty)

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

DbD mobile actually does allow you to create a custom match against bots which is nice. I just unfortunately don’t like playing on mobile because controls on a tablet aren’t that great, PC is much better for control.

It’s a shame because the PC tutorial does allow you to play against bots with Trapper as the killer on a specific map. If they could expand that out to more maps and more killers it would be a decent practice mode.

• kingbojenbo
    kingbojenbo Member Posts: 130
    Options

I keep asking for and wanting this mode.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    edited October 2021
    Options

When mobile has weekly events and better features than the base game... 😕

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563
    Options

That mode is highly requested in every asymmetrical I've ever played but for some reason devs never implement it.