Thoughts On Hemorrhage?

Options

Namely, what it should do vs. what it's doing.

I feel like it doesn't do much on any killer except twins, or when paired with bloodhound.

I guess it does more now, what with the Houdini/wraith boon.

Comments

• Shymare_11
    Shymare_11 Member Posts: 494
    Options

Hemorrhage should be buffed.

Its only use is more frequent blood pools but it doesn’t really benefit the killer any more than more reliable tracking of injured survivors. Though, injured survivors are already easy to track in general with grunts of pain, scratch marks, and line of sight. Even then, normal blood pools are usually enough for normal circumstances when it comes to tracking survivors. The only case I can see it being useful is when a survivor is healthy, like with Freddy’s dream snares and pallets.

Honestly, just make so that it also makes the healing/recovery progress for injured or dying survivors suffering from the hemorrhage status effect regress when not being healed/recovering.

Ex:

Hemorrhage status effect makes the afflicted survivor create larger, more frequent blood pools; and if injured or dying, lose x charge(s) of healing/recovery progress when not currently being healed or recovering.

• WTBacon
    WTBacon Member Posts: 593
    Options

An idea that I heard before was that it would cause the Deep Wounds status effect to deplete faster, but that would only really affect Legion.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    edited October 2021
    Options

It's extremely underwhelming in it's current state. Okay with bloodhound, which is useful against shadow step, but other than that it's pointless. If they made it to where it actually worked for things like, when you're downed you bleed out slightly faster, and when you have deep wounds it makes the timer tick slightly faster when standing still and not mending.

It'd still be a niche pick in very specific builds, but wouldn't be OP and wouldn't be completely useless.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Should also drain the bleedout bar to put some incentive to remove it.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

I feel like it should make the current sloppy butcher's T3 effect being the new baseline for injured survivors who are afflicted and make it so they bleed normal injured state amounts of blood pools while healthy.

Without the bonus pool spawn from sloppy(Aka doubled spawn rate) its completely useless and it should have an effect on healthy survivors.

Also all perks/add-ons that inflict it should be buffed if nothing else with different modifiers for it. For example:

Wraith's blind warrior should make any survivor whose afflicted have their blood pools highlighted while the wraith is cloaked.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Hemorrhage by itself isn't worthwhile, but typically Hemorrhage is paired with something else. All the perks that inflict Hemorrhage also inflict other things. (Sloppy Butcher and Scourge Hook inflict both Hemorrhage and Mangled, and Blood Echo inflicts Exhaustion.) Likewise some (though not all) of the add-ons that inflict Hemorrhage also inflict something else (e.g. Begrimed Head for Huntress inflicts Mangled and Hemorrhage).

I agree though that Hemorrhage by itself isn't worth much, so the add-ons that just give you that and nothing else aren't that good (e.g. Serrated Jaws for Trapper). One possible exception might be Rusted Needle for the Twins since Victor can see the bloodtrails in bright red similar to Bloodhound, but even there that Rusted Needle add-on could probably stand to do something else too. 🤷‍♂️