Survivor Mentality and Stigma Against N.O.E.D.

Comments

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147

icy black abyss

bedsheets prickling on my skin

your neod haiku warms me

• El_Gingero

My apologies. I accidentally mixed two together. I've been living a lie.

icy black abyss

bedsheets prickling at my skin

noeds light warms me

icy black abyss

bedsheets biting at my skin

your haiku warms me

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

I awake at camp

The nightmare will never end

Trapped here forever

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Survivors mentality is "we did the Gens now let us leave"

The stigma of NOED is the Killers way of saying "no match isn't over yet"... and that "only bad Killers use NOED"

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,090

No, the reality is the killer's best perks don't really do anything in the grand scheme of things, while survivors have endless crutches and counters to every little possible thing the killer can do.

• danielmaster87

If you can't even deal with NOED, you belong in the bottom grades. It gives a killer the chance to get 1 kill. The rest is up to the survivors.

• Nomadd
    Nomadd Member Posts: 167
    edited October 2021

Well if you're the one who loves face camping with Bubba just to trigger people... well, that's kind of griefing and approach of a 10 year old child, but whatever gives you fun I guess. Shame you can't just play the game instead of putting your effort into triggering people. Again - that's why I absolutely despise this community.

If you're not like that - sorry, but that's how your response sounded.

• NoObzBoiYT
    NoObzBoiYT Member Posts: 198

You sound new to the game.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,274

With the boons and how easy the game is now for a survivor im sorry to say you are going to see a lot more facecamping ,proxy camping and tunneling and most likely NOED as well.

You have so many weapons in your arsenal survivors that you shouldnt get mad about 1 hex perk. If killer got 4 k with NOED thats mostly on you and your team. If you see NOED activate you eather go look for the totem or you get out and leave that 1 person behind.

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819

Deliverance and Adrenalin are not second-chance perks.

Unbreakable, Decisive Strike and Borrowed Time are only useful if the killer does certain actions - meaning that the killer can completely negate the value of these perks.

Dead-Hard is an exhaustion perk, that you can bait out.

Your only real form of argument is that the killer does not have access to NOED until end-game, which is.. the objective of the survivors to reach. NOED is literally one of the only perks that awards a killer because the survivors completed their objective.. lol

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 689

I can’t agree with that, those perks you mention still have value by forcing the killer to avoid ‘playing optimally’.

In fact those perks are so strong that they are respected and get value, even if you don’t have those perks equipped on any survivor in that game.

The killer has to play as if you have those perks, because they can lose you the game if you don’t respect and play around them.

• LeonxJiwoon
    LeonxJiwoon Member Posts: 455

If you need NOED because you cant catch a single survivor you belong in the bottom grades. Learn how to not get looped for 5 gens. It up to you to adapt and know who to chase and who to not. FYI I can deal with noed because with SWF all 4 of us bone rush before going to a single gen. For the 1 million time ill say noed is never an issue with swf for me its solo queue that makes it an issue.

• LeonxJiwoon
    edited October 2021

It seems people still just hyprocrite and put a blind eye that its fine to use noed, but a trash killer who did nothing to even caught one person is an issue is the main thing pretty much is why noed complaining about, its acceptable like devour hope if the killer was making some type of effort, heck even if they got just 1 hook or just kill 1 person that is something, 0 kills and 5 gen loop is a big difference, Finally the complains on noed is most likely RANDOM QUEUES, am sure people have common sense with SWF and do bones sheesh.

Granting excuse for a trash or baby killer who was stomped by a good team especially strangely the rare moments it is a random good team not even swf and noed then hits ofc is annoying whether yall wanna admit this or not, but then again some killer mains who obviously are good and know what they are doing even agrees to the noed being a pacifier perk. How can you communicate with randoms easily vs a swf then have the nerves to say its on your team mates, yes its true but again its not every killer(well the good ones at least use noed). Funny thing is when a Bubba and Myers have noed in their arsenal, says alot about that person right?

• Edilibs
    Edilibs Member Posts: 699

That doesnt apply to me my friend you are in your own delusion. Im not speaking for other killer mains but I DO WHAT I WANT, "HOW" I WANT! Your so ignorant you dont know the uses or reason for why people use NOED. Your ignorant to the fact that it can get destroyed just as fast as loading in the trial, destroying a totem(s) in the first 20 seconds of the match. Oh but heres the best part...instead of destroying totems survivors can now instead make it into they're advantage by blessing them! lol

You can fall back with all that, survivors have adrenaline and all these totem cleansing and blessing perks and you have the nerve to complain about NOED...pfffft please!

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

NOED is far more fair than it once was. A perk that only activates at endgame. Having 1/4 perks unused and survivors having the ability to remove it before the killer has a chance to use it.

We have killers with insta downs that are available throughout the match. We have handfuls of perks that prompt expose. NOED is the only perk complained about because Survivors think they won when the last gen is done. I remember when Billy got this same treatment. Back when he was the only killer with an insta down basekit. Devs had to directly tell the players Billy wasn't getting change to stop the outcry.

I'd say the past nerfs to NOED didn't meet the expectations of survivors. We should just go back to the OG NOED. That way we can relearn why it is the way it is.

• LeonxJiwoon
    edited October 2021
  • LeonxJiwoon

That is a pretty nice use of the caps lock key there to point out that you play the game how you want, mind you am not telling you how to play your game there friend. If it does not apply to you why the entitle survivor main remark? Did I make a noed topics here, if commenting on them is complaining vs me just stating opinions example me saying swf noed is never an issue for noed, but random queue it is an issue cause you cant communicate with randoms is complaining then uh alright think what you want.😂

• LeonxJiwoon
    edited October 2021

I realize that we are certainly more accepting of all the other expose perks, instant downs or even devour hope, I find it real dumb if a survivor complain on devour hope, cause apparently the killer is doing what they need to do through stress of getting it. In reality I suppose people do not mind start or middle game collapse since either it can be fix or at the point just accept it as gg and be prepared for the other game vs a unexpected end game one.

I get a trill out of seeing a spicy bones not sure if its just ruin or its haunted if the killer is using both and find it bliss if it was haunted and I just screw my swf whos being chase or they screw me when am being chase. At that point we meme each other like me saying when they go in a locker for inner heal amma throw a pebble at it because they got me exposed and hit hahahahha. If killers want survivors to stop complaining on noed, they should also stop complaining about easy to counter dead hard/boon totems or meta perks then. Both sides need to stop biasing towards the other.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

I for one one hate Dead Hard but I'm not one advocating for its change.

If a perk is fair then it should stay. If a perk is fair when used by one survivor but not four, then it needs adjusting. The boon perk CoH was an issue because it stacked. The change post-ptb made it more fair.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

I'd say it is only really cheap against sold. Even if it activates against a swf, they can still fan out and cleanse it.

• slendermansmoom
    slendermansmoom Member Posts: 544

Noed vs DS in a nutshell

• ccactus623
    ccactus623 Member Posts: 214

The prerequisite is giving up a perk slot for most of the game and still having a dull totem left.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Thanks.

Always fun to see some positivity amidst the constant vitriol.

• TheDuhJ
    TheDuhJ Member Posts: 475

SWF isn't a second chance perk, but I get your point. TBH, I think NOED is whatever cause I don't sweat and get angry over this game. But I think NOED and ruin need to switch places. I think Ruin should be a base game perk and NOED should be the teachable. Cause the reason I think you see NOED so much is because people just don't have better perks. So ya

• El_Gingero

Yes, having fun on the forums is a rare occurrence 😂

• SmarulKusia

And the survivors don't have to play around killer perks and respect them? The fact that killers were the only side that had perks that literally force the other side off the objective for a very long time?

Counter-playing around perks is a thing that exists from both sides, except most times that you have to counter-play as a killer, you still have a legitimate chance at getting value because your in-game value doesn't come from a singular survivor.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 689

The killer is 1 person playing around 4 survivors with 16 combined perks.

They are trying to get 12 hook states before survivors can finish 80 seconds on 5 out of 7 objectives.

Thats 24 hits/health states not counting any instadowns, and the 4 survivors can be anywhere on the map and move freely, as opposed to stationary gens that can’t run off and regress themselves.

Healing is also many times faster than it takes a killer to catch and hit a survivor, excluding potatoes and throwers - whereas base gen regression is 200% slower than a single survivor on a gen.

So it takes the killer 20 seconds to regress 5 seconds of a single survivor working on a gen.

There’s 1 killer and 4 survivors.

NoeD is fine by your reasoning right? As it’s fine that survivors have to respect and play around killer perks? They don’t even need to use perks to counter it, just do totems; and if they want to the option is there to bring a perk or item to counter killer totems right?

• ausanimal
    ausanimal Member Posts: 542

Killers got a perk that encouraged survivors to do totems old undying and look what happened to it, it got nerfed within months because survivors didn't want to do 5 totems and was unfair yet they had perks and items to find totems, Now you get a new perk to do totems that the killer has no real counter to it and you wonder why killers are asking for it to be nerfed.

Really what counter is there to the boon perks atm? find the totem and put it out for the survivors to relight it once the killer leaves, they bless your hex you put it out you don't get your hex perk back. See the problem killers have with the perks and that's not counting how strong they are, it's fine to give survivors perks like the boon perk but it needs to be balanced where as atm there not and they do need a nerf or like people have said let killer relight the hex perks again and see survivors complain about that.

• LeonxJiwoon
    edited October 2021

Well how about killers stop telling us when someone makes a complaint about noed (do bones and use totem build aka detectives, small game and maps when there is ofc slight chances sometime the killer do not even have noed which then has become a waste of space for more useful other perks. No one is gonna running something that do not benefits em or situational its easier in SWF sure fine its not an issue but random queues, mercy am so tired of repeating the same thing that killers try to throw back at us.

we told for how long do bones do bones do bones, run bone builds, we now doing bones via boon totem perk that encourage people to do them (which now reduce the gen rushing killers complain about) and now its an issue. When I think of it why dont killers use 4 expose type perk, if you 1 hit people , how will boon totem help then?

• ausanimal

The issue is boon perks are to strong with no counter on the killers side if the perks aren't as strong as they are then killers wouldn't complain, in all off what you said you didn't list 1 good counter to boon perks which is the problem, people might hate noed but it has ways to counter it do bones (which you had perks and items to help before boon perks), do the hex when you find out the killer has noed or just leave and give the killer that 1 kill. Noed has counters and perks/items to help with it boon perks have no counter at all to them if your so happy with boon perks and don't think they need a nerf then let them bring back old undying and if we get rid off a blessed totem the hex comes back as the totem is still standing as per the perk (The Hex effects persist as long as the related Hex Totem is standing) blessing them still leaves them standing so why don't we get the hex back?

We both know gen rushing still happens and its another problem for another thread but ill put it simple for you boon perks need a nerf or a adjustment, why can a survivor bless a hex to me that shouldn't happen you should only be able to break that totem as both perks should be in effect as the hex totem is still standing. If undying got nerfed because survivors didn't want to do bones then boon perks are on the same page as it brings something to a match the killer can't counter at all unless you can name 1 and finding the totem and putting the blessing out is not a counter, so all of us killers are waiting to hear your great counter to these perks?

• LeonxJiwoon
    edited October 2021

run a expose build and just 1 hit every survivor then boon totem problem fix its the last thing I said

• ausanimal

still not a counter as there are killers that can 1 hit see the problem now if that's the best you can come up with then yer noed is fine it might suck to get hit by it or killed by it but it has counters and also remb the killer is only running 3 perks for most off the match also for a chance 1 might come into play, boon perks have 0 counters and are broken in more ways then 1.

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989

Survivors just want to be able to click click teabag teabag bodyblock click click with no consequences, and are too lazy to do Bones. You sir, are correct.

• LeonxJiwoon

People do bones now with boons and killers now whine lol.

• ausanimal

yer cause the boon perks are broken as hell and needs to be fixed anyone can see that

• LaFlamme
    LaFlamme Member Posts: 20

Deadhard getting a lot of hate in these comments. Not exactly sure why, it's pretty easy to bait survivors into using it early and wasting it.

Plus they have to be injured to use it so not something you have to worry about if you have Noed and theyre healed up. I'd say sprint burst and lithe are more of a concern to anyone using Noed as they can be used in any healthstate.

Anyway Noed is just a cheap perk. Refuse to use it as a killer and hate playing against it as a survivor.

• SmarulKusia

You're saying 16 perks as if most survivor perks aren't followed by strict conditions, which are DECIDED by the killer, not the survivor themselves - on top of most being also a one-time use only.

Not to mention countless gen perks for the killer, either to block, highlight or regress generator progress marginally - on top of the fact that generator locations are highlighted to the killer throughout the whole match.

You have killers, who work exceptionally in gen-pressure, and killers who excel in end-game with their powers. You, as a killer, have a choice on where you get the most value.

You can put most of the perks that are META to shame because they quite literally demand the killer to play a certain way for them to even work. Realistically, you should hardly ever worry about a decisive strike, or borrowed time unless you actively choose to tunnel the survivor that just got unhooked. Unbreakable only works if survivors are being slugged, in which case, it's largely the killer's greed more than anything.

NOED isn't fine because it follows a criteria that is punishing to the other side for completing their objective. It's a good perk against gen-rushing, but it's heavily punishing and unjust in an already elongated game.

• clowninabout
    clowninabout Member Posts: 133

The thing I don't really understand with all this is why people act like noed is an insta4k. It isn't, I've died to it and also escaped while it was in effect. It's always a nasty surprise but the killer still has to actually find and catch the survivors.

• danielmaster87

I don't use NOED, so I'm not sure why you turned that back on me. But if solos can't deal with NOED and SWF can, don't you think there's something else to blame other than just the killer using a perk which usually isn't that strong and that they're allowed to use?

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,291

It fires when there's only two remaining locations for survivors to have to be, though. With a 4% speed boost and a bit of spawn-RNG, it can become pretty oppressive.

But either way, doing four totems and then getting smacked once after gen 5 is done to get killed by NOED, only to have people on the forums throwing out a 2 IQ 'dO bONeS' is immensely frustrating.

• XANA7274
    XANA7274 Member Posts: 37

Clairvoyance

Counterforce

Detective's Hunch

Small Game

MAPS

Yeah... if you're that worried about totems, find and break them. And Hex Totems do NOT overwrite a Boon Totem... so break 4, one boon, no noed. Most successful group I see have one person come in with a map and their sole job is to break dull and hex totems.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,291

But either way, doing four totems and then getting smacked once after gen 5 is done to get killed by NOED, only to have people on the forums throwing out a 2 IQ 'dO bONeS' is immensely frustrating.

• LeonxJiwoon
    edited October 2021

As I thought since day one you killers want us to run outdated useless perks like those with maps (not saying maps are useless) over boons that give us a reason more to do bones? cat is out of the bag no I love my boons+ maps very very much better. its like telling me to run no mither over unbreakable/soul guard.

• LeonxJiwoon
    edited October 2021

They wont get it that we find it find its just more annoying for a scrummy baby killer who did nothing to earn it and vs swf its easy to counter noed random queue says different which is what you me and any survivor is REALLY complaining about, noed=aint no issue with swf. Its I repeat 10billion+ times RANDOMS, you cant communicate with randoms.

• DarthNipple
    DarthNipple Member Posts: 22

I am not a fan of the Nurses Overly Erotic Demeanour cause she always chases me in games and I’m afraid of what she will do when she catches me cause she’s usually not wearing much, but I haven’t had been able to tell her yet that she’s not my type ! any suggestions please ?

thanks

Megatron

• mynameisBlade
    mynameisBlade Member Posts: 325

NOED gets so much hate because the majority of Survivor players are man children or actual children. That's it. I would make NOED a base mechanic in the game to teach people to never leave a single Totem on the map. NOED being removed as a perk and being made into an actual mechanic you have to play around EACH AND EVERY time is what the devs SHOULD do. People wouldn't be complaining as much if they knew going in every time that the Killer will one shot you if all gens are completed and there is still a Totem up.