Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Hitbox Issues

Platform- PC

I think there is a Hitbox issue with the game right now, cause I can be fully thru the window and still get hit from the Killer which is not right in my opinion, this should get looked at 

have the killer behide you but not in striking range, jump thru the window (fast) and have the killer attack and you should be hit from them even tho you are thru & away from there strike cause you was ahead of them in the first place

it occurs a lot

3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 23,000

If you are close enough to the window you can still get hit - the killer can strike through windows as well as over some low objects (Haddonfield fences by example).

• CONMAN
    CONMAN Member Posts: 3

Could it be you medium/slow vaulted? Your hitbox lingers MUCH longer if you don’t actually fast fault.

• BrianaBree
    BrianaBree Member Posts: 5

I fast vaulted thru this window and as you can see I got Hit in the 3rd Picture as you can see the swing motion no where near me ( also I am using Nvidia to make my game look as clear as it is in this)

• BrianaBree
    BrianaBree Member Posts: 5

And here is the Video of this Hit Fast Vault thru the Window

• VanitasRyuzaki
    VanitasRyuzaki Member Posts: 110

Youwch. Yeah from that perspective, that hit shouldn't have connected. But you also have to take into consideration that "hit validation" favors the side with the better connection. I've had this happen many times and it irks me. Hit validation shouldn't rely on whose got the better connect but on how it looks from both sides and not freeze your screen to validate a hit that shouldn't have even connected.

Had that happen with the huntress, apparently her hatchet connected with me even though I wasn't in range of it.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

It's the same as the Hit Validation of Dead Hard and of Pallets the server decides what should hit and not. It goes off who did the action first. In your case the Killer Initiated the Attack before you Initiated the vault action.

It's a faulty system but that's better with what we had before.