The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The game is back to being incredibly laggy on Ps4

Since the first bug fix update that came after Mikaela’s release the game is back to being laggy

there are o lot of freezes when playing again the nemesis (for example)

or when unhooking a survivor.

how long are we gonna have to wait to play the game in proper conditions BHVR?

Comments

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

Dbd does not work on slim ps4, fat ps4, slim xbox one, fat xbox one, and the switch. Too much lag.

Dbd is playable on Xbox one X, PS4 Pro (ssd).

It plays best on PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304
    edited November 2021

This is literally an hard drive issue. PS4 has HDD hard drive which is super slow and causes lags and stutters.

You can solve the problem by installing an SSD hard drive. The whole process takes a few minutes and it's incredibly easy. There's a lot videos on YT.

• themoobs1984
    themoobs1984 Member Posts: 619

If you can afford it you should get at least a PS4 Pro. I still use my Xbox One X and I rarely lag. The basic Xbox One and PS4 are getting a bit outdated.

• themoobs1984

I agree with you but as it is with all new generation systems the people using the older systems get left in the dust.

• alex511
    alex511 Applicant Posts: 56

Pc isn't better, especially the first minute you often teleport around clueless.

• ThanksForDaily

I had already in mind what you've said, you're right 100%.

But, replacing the HDD hard drive to SSD has only benefits. Not only in dbd or any other game. Loading times decreasing by 25-30% (which is huge) on every game and overall performance is smooth without lags.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,742

I play on an Xbox1x and dispute that playable comment. I get the same frame drop triggers as anyone on console gets. The recent patches have worsened game performance back to almost a poor as when RE came out.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
    edited November 2021

This has been disproven.

Every single one of my clips come from a Xbox One X with a SSD internal drive AND an external SSD.

99% sure this it

• XombieRocker
    XombieRocker Member Posts: 324

This will be fixed just in time for the next chapter to break it again.

• BadLooperQ
    BadLooperQ Member Posts: 277

At this rate I'm Just waiting for BHVR to pull the classic "next gen" move and stop making content for old gen consoles once and for all. And I have a PS4 btw.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

If the game worked fine and they improved it before the last update effed everything again, that means they can make it work.

There were no graphical improvements or whatever in that patch, it is just them not doing things properly.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 676

No one is going to shell out for a Pro now when the PS5 is the new thing; anyone who is thinking of upgrading is going to wait for that to come back into stock.

Fact is they are selling this game and all its newest DLCs for money and for use on these systems.

Upgrading is not good enough.

They either need to fix the issues or stop selling the game on formats it is not running at an acceptable level.

We were promised back in the March 2019 Road to 60FPS Roadmap that all consoles and low end PCs would be fixed to run at 60FPS, which sounded impossible at the time - now were here nearly 3 years later and the game runs worse than ever and not even a stable 30FPS let alone their lofty claims of 60FPS.

And before saying its not possible, remember they not only were sure enough they could do it to outline a very detailed plan of how they were going to achieve it, but also that since then they have made multiple graphical improvements that while making the game look better for you guys on ninja PCs, make the game run like ass for the rest of us.

PS5 was also not even a thing back when they announced this great 60FPS news for console users who had been complaining about performance for years already back in 2019, so it feels like we've been lied to and tricked into sticking around for 'promised improvements' and spending more money on DLC every few months - which a lot of us would not have done if they had been honest about what was really going to happen.

I for one would have quit years ago if they did not keep stringing me along with these empty words and promises.

I actually quit due to poor performance before the old Ruin change, then a combination of the Ruin change, Twins disatrous launch and the character looked laughable, same for Trickster another killer who didn't fit in the game design wise.

I came back because I got caught up in the hype from Nemesis and it being such a massive surprise they managed to get such a license, and wow am i regretting it now when were still in the state we were at Nemesis launch (barely playable due to freezes) and since then not only has none of it been fixed or got better, but they've also hyped and release 2 new characters with a 3rd being teased right now! None of these up0dates fix more than the new content they add when they patch breaks.

Always during events as well, we've missed this Halloween, last Anniversary, last Halloween, and a few Bloodhunt weekends due to the game being borderline unplayable, depending how masochistic you are.

• themoobs1984

I shelled out for a One X a few months ago. The One X is a huge upgrade from the basic Xbox One and I still can't find any PS5s or Series X where I live.

• Sandwich_Jesus
    Sandwich_Jesus Member Posts: 266

back to? when did it stop?

• themoobs1984

I play on a One X too and rarely lag. Maybe the problem is your Internet connection?

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,742

Nope that's great. Sloppy being applied drops frames. Myers tiering up does. Unhooks, Exposed, Lithe, those drops frames every time

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 676

Even if that is the case, theres no cross progression so its kind of a moot point as no one wants to repeat the perk grind they likely haven't even finished on PS4 etc yet :)

In regards to your other comment - its not lag from a network connection, its freezing and frame drops caused by actions taking place elsewhere on the map.

So a survivor kicks a pumpkin in the killer shack, you as killer or survivor in the main building freeze for a couple of seconds for example.

These also stack so if Demogorgon uses his portal, it freezes when he goes in, again when he comes out, and if theres an unhook while hes traversing that freezes it too, and f a gen pops that will also freeze it all at the same time. Fun. Been like this SINCE NEMESIS! And they've tried to patch it multiple times and sometimes it fixes 1 thing slightly but its still bad, then next patch will make it worse than it originally was again.

Totally unacceptable and if it was happening to others they would quit or complain like many of us on the forum are doing.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

i’m starting to lose hope that last gen console will never get fixed. Everything is going backwards.

• ThanksForDaily
    edited November 2021

This is never gonna get fixed. The lags and stutters are here since Felix/Blight and reworked McMillan maps.

DbD is very poorly optimized on consoles while they can run perfectly games more demanding and 3x heavier than DBD.

The problem is 100% BHVR's.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

It’s even happening on next gen consoles too. Not as bad but that’s still not good.