I'm gonna say something controversial

Options
Myla
Myla Member Posts: 1,551

I'm a strong killer that regularly gets 4K and I win most of my matches. Only time I lose is I get a 4 man SWF and that's rare. Not every match is a 4 man navy seal making full use of their 4 meta perks unlike people here are leading you to believe that is the case.

Shocking I know.

Comments

• Myla
    Options

Yes. I'm not high mmr for not getting destroyed.

I'll come back and make a topic again when I encounter a 4 man swf like 1 out of 10 games. That's when I know I'm truly at the high mmr boys.

• AnObserver
    AnObserver Member Posts: 747
    Options

Yeah, same. When they had their first MMR test I had a challenge as Pig, but now I've just gone PH Starstruck and am still getting 4K's even when playing "fair" (Though I'll sometimes play "unfair" if I have no audio, (Pandora))

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

I usually know within the first two or three minutes if the match is going to go my way or not. As long as the survivor team has a weak link or two it doesn't really matter if they have a strong survivor or not.

• Voodoo101
    Voodoo101 Member Posts: 237
    Options

I'm quite new to the game, only a month, but I get 4K most game, but it is so boring because of low level of survivors. Then a few games later I get a team where I cannot get a second hook.

There seems to be a lot of threads from killers all saying the same. MMR with boon totems means bad things. Us low rank players get it easy because we get the survivors who stand in front of you with wide open eyes, like I am going to shout Trick or Treat instead of hitting them. I have even gone behind player oblivious to me and still doing gens.

• Myla
    Options

Yep. This is how most matches go. Not every match consist of four survivors playing like their Probzzz.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,177
    Options

I wish Devs could cut down half of tunnel/camp/gen rush by having 2nd objectives for survivors with DS activated after both hooks.

Survivors side cant tell if Killers will camp on the first down, or hard tunneling off hook, they will always have to gen rush to ensure gates open. On the other side with the gen rush, Killers usually have to reduce from 12 hooks to like 6-8 hooks play since they cant afford. Its a 2 ways mindset.

So often Killers likely to go 12 hooks if Survivors being potatos, or Survivors start to take it easy, go around do totem,chest, sabo hook when Killers have 1 hook at 4 Gen done. The game design forces players to rush everything.

This is why I use Noed, as a punishment if they rush Gen despite I play fair as low tier Killer. Not about getting kill.

• Rancid_Discharge
    Rancid_Discharge Applicant Posts: 193
    Options

I didn't know your personal experience defined the experience of the entire playerbase.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options
  • AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806
    Options

I just got six 4-man SWFs in a row. I know because I checked their profiles. One game I couldn't even get a hook. Most games were over in 5 mins. At the end of the game I usually just ended up having to facecamp the unlucky survivor on the hook, waiting for my suffering to end, because after the gens are all done in record time as if they're speedrunning, what else is there to do?

Playing B tier killers at high MMR is making me sad... Maybe I should take a break from DBD...

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981
    Options

Good for you. Other people have more issues and anecdotal evidence only gets you so far. They are right and you are right because you are telling us about personal experience. This is fine and not controversial for me.

It would be a controversial point if you (or the other anecdotal side) told me that they are telling the truth or that they have hard evidence. You do not do that and as such...well, congratuations I guess.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

There's good and bad days for everyone even with MMR. However some people (particularly good MMR killers) do encounter SWAT-teams regularly so unless they run 4 slowdowns and camp/tunnel/slug right off the bat while playing the strongest killers in the game there's no chance the match will be even close.

Survivor objective takes around 3-4 minutes without slowdown builds. A good survivor can loop any "loopable" killer for at least 1-2 minutes. Go figure.

Many killers are mechanically unable to end chases quickly if survivors know what they're doing regardless of the killer's skill/experience depending on the map/rng.

• ReviloDBD
    ReviloDBD Member Posts: 582
    Options

This is how every match is for me on any Killer besides my best.

• Artick
    Artick Member Posts: 623
    Options

How do you know your MMR? Or if you lose you are automatically high mmr and when you win the survivors were automatically low mmr. That's how it works?

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,900
    Options

I keep saying this over and over. People are not facing swat squads every single game (unless maybe you're at the very highest MMR). Most people are not at the top, though. People just love to exaggerate on here. Nothing new.