Which Killer was the greatest failure?

Options
2»

Comments

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

Twins by a long margin, they are designed around one of the worst aspects of this game (camping and slugging), doesnt matter how weak, annoying or unfun other Killers are, theyll never be as unfun as Twins for both ends.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,454
    Options

Trickster I mean what even is that thing? Like being chased by some angry Biden supporter throwing blades at you.

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667
    Options

I know that, but still... Just a Tentacle and some poorly-executed zombies?

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Options

First thing that comes to mind was Freddy's release 🙄 Using your power and waiting like 5 seconds for them to fall asleep so you could actually injure them was painful.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

Legion

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,279
    Options

No, Legion.

At least Trickster gets slowed down with cover

Legion at first: You couldn't run, and you couldn't hide.

And some PTB's have had HUGE oversights that thankfully never reached live. Here's a couple of them:

They wanted to test how applying Deep Wound worked, if you were injured, your timer would be at 20 seconds instead of 30 seconds. Sounds like a harmless change until you paired it up with Stab Wound Studies and Franks Mixtape and you essentially had an insta down. As the first hit would apply Deep Wounds, and thanks to Stab Wound Studies the timer would automatically go down to 15 seconds, and Franks Mixtape removed 15 seconds off the Deep Wounds Timer after stabbing some one who already has Deep Wounds.

November 2019, Cursed Legacy's PTB was up for testing. This of course included Oni and his perks, Nemesis, while a pretty underwhelming perk, was damn strong when used by Legion. Why you may ask? Because Deep Wounds was tied to the Terror Radius, not running (in fact the very reason why its tied to running nowadays is because of this). All a Legion had to do was get stunned and apply Deep Wounds. And as long as they kept following the survivor to make sure they didn't mend, they were guaranteed to go down.

With all the gimmicks and with how poorly thought out Legion's power is, its almost impossible to make them a healthy and balanced killer without making MAJOR changes

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    edited October 2021
    Options

I didn't say Twins were unoriginal, I said they have uncreative gameplay. They're a very original concept, and an ambitious one, but that doesn't count for much when their only viable tactic is camping and slugging and their gameplay is just 'scout and chase with Victor, down as many survivors as possible or get yeetus deletus, drag Charlotte halfway across the map, move just far enough away from hook that you're allowed to switch again, return to Charlotte when the unhook happens, or repeat.' It's tedious on both ends. The actual unique interactions with their power, trapping survivors in lockers and Victor latching onto a survivor and providing oblivious and killer instinct until they shake him off, have a high cost relative to their benefit when Charlotte lacks any kind of chase power herself.

I get the feeling they expected players to go 'Wow! Two killers! Let's see what cool ways we can use them!" without fully considering the answer to that question themselves - or that dominant strategies rarely lend themselves to creativity. But then they went and removed the one unique thing that had fair applications because they revamped Coldwind maps to have fully bodyblockable basements by accident and apparently Charlotte getting in the way was a problem with the Twins, not the maps.

Post edited by Laluzi on
  • Miles
    Miles Member Posts: 461
    Options
  • DarthNipple
    DarthNipple Member Posts: 22
    Options

id say ghandi, he didnt really do too much in that department,

Kind Regards,

Genghis Khans cousin

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Legion IMO. It's the one whose execution is just exceedingly flat and has nothing to do with anything pertaining to the character.

• Wraff
    Wraff Member Posts: 139
    Options

I heard Trickster is a nightmare to play on console. Is that true?