With the new MMR system have you seen an increase in people sandbagging?

Options

Since the MMR is based only on you escaping or not or the order you die in wouldnt that mean in theory when it is guaranteed to be a 4k like say 1k at 5 gens wouldnt it be smarter from a pure MMR standpoint not to heal or save teammates so they die first and your mmr loss is reduced?

Have you seen people using this philosophy in solo q recenty?

Comments

• Surikato
    Surikato Member Posts: 103
    edited November 2021
    Options

By sandbagging, you mean people suiciding on hook putting the survivor team in a disadvantage, just because the killer is playing a stealth killer? Yes, there are still sandbaggers even with MMR

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Yes, I have seen a lot more survivors sandbagging each other. From both perspectives. Albeit, my mmr is low. So they might just be bad.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 1,876
    Options

Of course, the game is Battle Royale in soloQ now. The increase in this trend is there, although I was never surprised since I know the exact reason to it. That's just how the rules of the game are now, and you'd better be good at sandbagging yourself if you don't want to drop your MMR to the Elo hell with potato teammates.

• Khelendrose2020
    Khelendrose2020 Member Posts: 207
    Options

I've seen a major increase in selfish survivor play in solo que. Since I stopped playing killer as much (used to be 80/20 killer bow it's reversed), I've played a lot more solo que. I get trained when nearly done on a gen with 5 gens still left. I got trained intentionally by several who even threw the pallet next to me while U was working the gen, bringing the killer.

Then there is the 2 last night. I'm slugged, the killer downed another on the other side. I'm maybe 16m outside the open gate they are in. No NOED, they both have 1 hook and DH. Instead of trying to heal me, I'm at 95%, they run out. I almost get to exit as killer picks me up. This is after doing 2 gens, rescuing both of them. Running him for 2 gens.

MMR at its best!!

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069
    Options

No. Not a single time after MMR hit.

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804
    Options

I've started playing again after a month break. I've seen a lot more sandbagging, from me, on accident. I feel so bad.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

No.