The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

A personal thank you, to a Killer

Ayakira
Ayakira Member Posts: 5
edited December 2018 in General Discussions

To whoever that Doctor was that I just played against as Feng Min, with Ace Visconti as my only remaining buddy, thank you very much.

We had one of our survivors disconnect before we were even allowed to move, and the first person that got hooked just let themselves get sacrificed almost immediately, with 5 gens remaining. This Doctor let the Ace and I farm up bloodpoints! I came out with the trophy for Perfect Escape, which is nice, as I got at least 5k BP in every category. I left that match with about 33k BP, which is just awesome.

I hope that Doctor also got his scores full! But I think it's super awesome to point out that we're all just kinda here for the BP and iridescent shards. The progression. So again, to that Doctor, even if you don't see this, thank you very much. And a thanks to every other killer that does those sorts of things when the game calls for it! It would be far easier for you to just sacrifice whoever remains and move on to another match, but I'm always appreciative when you decide otherwise.

(Oh and if this is in the wrong place, please let me know and I'll repost.)

Comments

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

I personally detest farming. Just hook and kill me any day instead.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    se05239 said:

I personally detest farming. Just hook and kill me any day instead.

https://youtu.be/VEx5hNYeZtY

@Ayakira. That's pretty great, I do the same thing if it's THAT much of a bummer start to a Match.  Add-ons and Offerings used up...may as well get some points for it!  I also like the calm & chill change in such situations xP.
  • Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608
    I think it's awesome when survivors get handed a raw deal and the killer helps them out... whether that's through farming or just pulling their punches a bit so they can escape.
  • CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

That sounds like me as Doctor. Was the doctor you were versing wearing the fancy clothes with the bandaged pinhead kind of head with a metal baseball bat?

• DoctorHermanCarter
    DoctorHermanCarter Member Posts: 14
    I had that happen to me, when the Spirit was still pretty new. I played a round as Wraith and ended up on the Spirits map, and within the first 2 minutes or so, two of the survivors disconnected.
    I let the remaining two survivors do the 5 gens and also let them escape. I did hook both twice to get my points, but didn‘t bother them anymore after that and used the time instead to explore the map.
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

It's a nice gesture, but many of us prefers being hooked right quick and move on to the next game. I wish there was some way to communicate "I'M NOT GONNA FARM", maybe with the exception of double BP events.

Also, I wish instant hook suicides could be punished the same as ragequits, though I'm at a loss as how to do that.

• Luc_ius
    Luc_ius Member Posts: 155

I met an awesome Pig like this. 3 survivors intentionally DCed so I came right to the pig and we farmed. So if you're reading this, awesome Pig, thank you ! :)

Once I connected alone as 3 others DCed already during loadout. The Hag didn't show any mercy and killed me immediately lol.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Those kind of killers MAKE ME SICK. You must never show mercy NEVER. You are here to kill, the survivors are not your friends, they are prey.
    I mean, it totally "kills" the mood  :p
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    edited January 2019
    RoKrueger said:
    Those kind of killers MAKE ME SICK. You must never show mercy NEVER. You are here to kill, the survivors are not your friends, they are prey.
    I mean, it totally "kills" the mood  :p
    XD You can show mercy. It isn't necessarily going out of character, I'd think, and it makes great fanfics hehe. Sits a different kind of mood 
  • fluffybunny
    Luc_ius said:

I met an awesome Pig like this. 3 survivors intentionally DCed so I came right to the pig and we farmed. So if you're reading this, awesome Pig, thank you ! :)

Once I connected alone as 3 others DCed already during loadout. The Hag didn't show any mercy and killed me immediately lol.

Yeah, some don't like to waste time. Wanna get to the next game. Sucks if you plays a bps or had a nice item. 
  • fluffybunny

It's a nice gesture, but many of us prefers being hooked right quick and move on to the next game. I wish there was some way to communicate "I'M NOT GONNA FARM", maybe with the exception of double BP events.

Also, I wish instant hook suicides could be punished the same as ragequits, though I'm at a loss as how to do that.

I don't know what it is for killer, but if a survivor goes and points at a hook, it generally means they don't wanna farm if they do it at death hook.