Hits not validating?

Options

Played a couple of matches today, on with wraith, and the other clown.

With both killers in different scenarios, I have hit a survivor and I actually hit them and nothing happens. The animation of hitting a survivor doesn't play, they scream out in pain as if they got hit, they don't get a speed boost, and the hit just isn't validated.

Mind you this was not done during vaults or pallets, but just out in the open nothing out of the ordinary happening except the game just robs me of a hit? Anyone else have this issue lately?

Side note: grabs are horrendously being unvalidated.

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,133
    Options

Were they injured? If so, that's a current bug with Dead Hard validation; you didn't actually get that hit, they used Dead Hard, but because of server-client desync your screen displays the scream before it's corrected.

• The_Medicine_Man
    The_Medicine_Man Member Posts: 65
    Options

This happened to me yesterday on clown. I noticed that the survivors it happened on had dead hard. So I think some weird interaction happens with dead hard when they use it last second.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,070
    Options

Maybe I should just copy/paste my post as I figure it'll come up a lot...

BHVR decided that playing as killer wasn't frustrating enough so they decided to add the broken hit validation from pallets to dead hard. So now instead of just getting "You idiots thought you hit the survivor just because we told you that you hit the survivor" fake-out hits on just pallets, now you can get them at any time the survivor is injured…

• Jerek
    Jerek Member Posts: 92
    Options

They were injured, but I couldn't tell if they did use dead hard at that time, if they did the animation didn't play for dead hard.

I checked their perks and neither one had mettle of man, and only 1 had dead hard, so I am not sure what it is.