The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

We Need Ways to Emote With Killers.

I hate that the only thing you can do is teabag, point and beckon. If you try to point at any killer that isn't Pig I feel like they get confused. They've never been shown affection before and don't know what to think or do about it. I'm fine if they kill me, but I want Pyramid Daddy to know that I was not bullying, I only wanted him to know I appreciated quality time with him.

That goes for other killers too.

It would be great if there was a way to send positive vibes their way. Maybe not to the point where people are throwing, but sometimes there are moments during 50/50's where you're just staring at each other for a moment trying to think of what you're going to do next/what they're going to do which would be a great time to just send some love.

As it stands right now as a survivor you can only die, teabag, or wreck them.

Comments

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

Thats why everyone should play ghosty / pig

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886

Anything they will add will be turned to BM. Dropping an item is really the only way right now and I doubt that will change, though it would be nice if there was a way to show kindness, especially given he fact that this game does get to people.

• lavars
    lavars Member Posts: 312

With all these colorful skins they also could just add dance emotes... would fit right into this game

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059

While I'd like more emotes (also as the killer, honestly, it'd be nice to have more tools than nodding and occasional M2 options), it's difficult to control how things get used and what purpose, so I don't know that it'd be unambiguously positive. The things we already have certainly aren't. A survivor that spams tbags rapidly at a pallet or gate is being a dick - a survivor that crouches once or twice is likely saying 'thank you', and a survivor that starts bouncing up and down without any clear reason to taunt might just be being silly, especially if they should be running away and they're not. Pointing can be friendly or taunting, 'come here' can be a 'follow me and check out this weird thing' (I had a Bill a few days ago that really wanted me to show me a glitched pumpkin on Midwich) or 'hey, please help me with this challenge' or a 'go on, hit me' or a 'haha chase me noob' or an 'I'm not going to leave until you chase me out so I can feel triumphant about it.' I'm pretty sure more emotes would be more of the same. People would find ways to be friendly with them and people would find ways to be rude with them.

Whenever I want to give the equivalent of a thumbs up, I either give my item or I point and then nod. (Pointing and shaking your head is a 'screw you' I've seen several other survivors do.)

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

Maybe nodding or negating with a neck movement would be far more useful.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

I would love if each killer had a emote

Trapper looks at his blade

Wraith rings his bell

Billy roars out

Nurse plays with her blinks in both her hands

Michael plays with his knife

Hag eats a limb

Doctor plays with his electricity in his hands

huntress tosses a hatchet in the air and catches it

leatherface raises his chainsaw in the air and yells

freddy puts his claw up and laughs

Pig would put her blade in and out

Clown would make a balloon animal of a survivor and pop it with his blade

Spirit would cast her blade out and put it back while groaning

Legion would do knife tricks with his blade

Plague would pray and put both hands up

Ghostface would take a camera out and take a selfie

Demogorgon(god rest his soul) would open his mouth and screech out

Oni would play with his sword. In blood fury he would smash the floor

Slinger would wipe and polish his gun

Pyramid head would do absolutely nothing but stick his blade in the ground

Blight would extract serum from a vial and inject himself

Twins, Charlotte would hold victors hand. Charlotte without victor would do nothing

Trickster would juggle his blades

Nemesis would roar out and say STARS

Pinhead would raise his arms up as chains appeared.

those would be my emotes and taunts for killers

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Killer emotes would be fun. 🙂 I have a sinking feeling though, since it's a pretty obvious idea, that the devs probably already looked into adding killer emotes and tabled it, otherwise we'd already have them.

• AnObserver
    AnObserver Member Posts: 747

TBH sure. Whenever I play "fair" and Survivors 4E against me I can never really tell if they're teabagging to tell me I suck at the exit-gate or if it's a teabag of thanks. Given the disparity of roles I always default to a teabag of telling me I suck given immediate results.

• AnObserver
    AnObserver Member Posts: 747

Also if you're literally talking about a PH that was using Starstruck and played "fair" only for the Survivors to teabag me at the exit gate, I appreciate that those were teabags of thanks.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513

We, as a forum should brainstorm some!

Maybe ghostface could have one where he pulls out his camera and looks at photos? (maybe a second one that lets you take photos while stalking!)

Maybe Legion could have one where they wipe their blade on their mask, like in the release trailer?

Doctor could have one where he shocks himself and cackles a bit.

Plague could have one where she does a little chant (like the one when she starts a mori).

Huntress could check the balance of a hatchet.

Slinger could hold a bullet up, and then toss it aside. another one would just be spitting.

Myers could do... nothing. (I think that's honestly the best for him)

Twins could do the little hand hold thing that they do in the lobby finding screen.

generally, I'm thinking one related to their power, and one that's a mocking/silly threat.

thoughts?

• The_BiggCheeze
    The_BiggCheeze Member Posts: 457

Ah yes, dancing at the exit gate tooootally wouldn't be toxic in any way shape or form. Have you not played F13?

• TheDuhJ
    TheDuhJ Member Posts: 475

I can see this instantly replacing pointing after a killer gets pallet stunned at a loop

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

Eh, anything else would also be used for BM, so that isn't really a deterrent imo

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

I want a middle finger emote - done only available on hook, to flip off a facecamping killer.

• planet
    planet Member Posts: 27
    edited November 2021

As killer main when survivors point and nod at the end i know what it means. Or a front on crouch. Survivors are a crack up if you give them a good time. id love to be able to point or shake my head if they have disrespected me thats all.

Post edited by planet on
  • nostrada96ass
    nostrada96ass Member Posts: 257

i like the concept but wonder it works in this game

genning or exit lever animations still bit of glitch caused from characters different sizes

• TheDuhJ
    TheDuhJ Member Posts: 475

I think when you are on hook you should get proximity voice chat as survivor and just talk ######### for a straight 2 min. I would face camp more often

• ClumsyTrapper
    ClumsyTrapper Member Posts: 544

Up Vote for Default dance